15 years of helping Indian businesses

Microsoft Forms Reviews

About Microsoft Forms

A cloud-based data collection application that helps organizations collect feedback information in real-time through forms and surveys.

Learn more about Microsoft Forms

Pros:

MS Forms is easy to pick up and use by any user and will suffice for most use-cases. Included in most MS 365 subscriptions.

Cons:

However apart from the tremendous efforts and features the software has limited integrations with other third-party applications, which may limit its functionality.

Microsoft Forms ratings

4.6
Customer Service Software
4.3
4.3
4.7

8.6/10

Microsoft Forms has an overall rating of 4.6 out 5 stars based on 136 user reviews on Capterra.

Have you used Microsoft Forms before?

Samantha
Samantha
Owner in UK
Accounting Software, Self Employed

Brilliant Way To Capture Data For Free

Comments: It helps me to collect data really easily and quickly, and saves faffing around with paper forms and scanning documents.

Pros:

I love that it's free to use (up to 200 replies, but then I just create a duplicate one to gather more). I can customise it too to make it look really professional.

Cons:

The fact that there's a limit to the amount of responses, and limitations to the customisation of the fields.

Michaela
Office Manager in UK
Civil Engineering, 11–50 Employees

Easy to use and creates forms fast!

Comments: Excellent - efficient and professional service every time.

Pros:

Creates forms very quickly with useful features such as auto-fill and copy & paste. Excellent for feedback purposes as can anonymise data. Sharing features are just as quick and easy to use and gives an excellent and professional finish with customize options.

Cons:

Would be beneficial to have conditional logic options.

Accounting Software, 2–10 Employees

Walking in the light

5.0 2 months ago New

Comments: Impressive and life changing experience.

Pros:

User-friendly and time saving tool for professionals.

Cons:

Inability to open a new window while opening the current one.

Computer Software, 1,001–5,000 Employees

Can be better...

3.0 7 days ago New

Pros:

The only good thing about it is its integration with MS Office tools. The fact that it's UI is seamless integrated is a benefit in corporate environments, as well as the integration with Microsoft accounts and AD/SSO in use in most companies.

Cons:

Compared to other competitors, it lacks many features as a survey tool. It is also difficult if not impossible to have truly anonymous responses. Also, its reporting capabilities are way behind the competition in terms of filters and UI/graphics.

Robert
Owner in Romania
Newspapers, 2–10 Employees

Helped me getting users opinions

Comments: Easy, fast and powerful, already came with the package I used from Microsoft. It was like a bonus.

Pros:

It was very helpful to get my users opinions when needed. It was very easy to use and setup what I needed. It comes already with the package that I already used (Microsoft 360)

Cons:

None! I couldn`t find any cons for this app for the time I use it.

Internet, 2–10 Employees

Basic survey/forms tool, with good integration

Pros:

It's easy to create a form and store the results. The results can also easily be fed into an automatic flow using Microsoft Power Automate.

Cons:

Very limited ability to customize the look and feel of the form, and to create more advanced flows.

Ben
Ben
Instructor in Journalism in US
Higher Education Software, 1,001–5,000 Employees

Use Microsoft 365? You need to be using this instead of Google Forms

Pros:

This is an absolute hidden gem of Microsoft 365 for me, and something I wish more people knew about. If your organization is a 365-based org, then Microsoft Forms is basically everything you would ever need Google Forms to me, with the added benefits of direct integration with 365 and the security that comes with it. It's not going to supplant Qualtrics or anything that needs to be extremely robust, but it is amazing for spinning up one-off forms that used to have to live outside your organization in Google.

Cons:

As mentioned, the forms you can make with this are currently not the most complex, and design options are likewise limited. I would prefer if there were more customization options for design, specifially.

Andrei
Branch Manager in UK
Accounting Software, 11–50 Employees

Microsoft Forms opinion.

5.0 last month New

Comments: Overall Microsoft Forms is an excellent app, it comes packet in Microsoft Office 365.

Pros:

For a while I didn`t knew I had Microsoft Forms in the office 365 Package I used everyday. This is like a powerful add-on to a service I already use. The way you can customize makes Forms a powerful data collection on customers or even team. Getting the reports is very easy.

Cons:

No cons for Microsoft Forms, already using other apps from M365, I consider Forms as a free addon.

Liam
CMO in UK
Automotive, 51–200 Employees

Good forms

5.0 3 weeks ago New

Comments: Microsoft Forms is a great app if you want to make surveys or polls. Is is simple to use and get reports on.

Pros:

I am using Microsoft Forms mostly for surveying and pools inside the company. Beeing an addition to the Microsoft pack I can say I enjoy this app as is free to use. It is easy to use and intuitive, you can get the survey done wright from the first try.

Cons:

There are no cons for Microsoft Forms, it works as it should be.

Christie
Communications in US
Religious Institutions, 11–50 Employees

The Google Forms alternative for M365 organizations

5.0 3 weeks ago New

Pros:

With Microsoft Forms, it is very simple to setup and get a form sent out quickly. You can limit which users can respond to your form and make QR-codes directly inside Microsoft Forms.

Cons:

It is even more basic than Google Forms, only allowing a few different question types. You also have to download the spreadsheet every time instead of just syncing it with a spreadsheet in most cases.

Amr
Instructional Designer. in Egypt
Higher Education Software, 11–50 Employees

Multi-purpose Communication Forms.

Comments: As an Instructional Designer/Data analyst, I use Microsoft Forms in many situations, but mainly two common scenarios work well for me: 1) Creating formative assessment quizzes within learning modules and online courses. 2) Using forms as a data input source in a basic learning analysis workflow. I create quizzes, feedback forms, and surveys. Then I pass the forms' responses to Microsoft Excel Online and connect Excel online to Microsoft Power Bi.

Pros:

Microsoft forms application is easy to use and has many features that suit a wide range of use cases. It has various question types, design themes, sharing options, and response analytics. Also, it is accessible for users with visual disabilities as it has Microsoft Immersive reader built-in. The Forms settings allow admins to control who can access the form and specify when published ones are accepting responses. It's highly customizable and seamlessly integrates with Office 365 and the commonly used third-party applications/platforms. It is a reliable solution for surveys, polls, feedback, quizzes, and business communications.

Cons:

I can't see the downsides of Microsoft Forms. I think it's one of the most efficient applications of Microsoft 365.

E-Learning, 2–10 Employees

Easy way to make surveys and build forms

Comments: Overall great experience. Easy to use, has a lot of beneficial features which save time. 10/10 would recommend. If you are someone looking to make quick questionnaires or surveys, Microsoft Forms is the way to go!

Pros:

My favourite features of Microsoft Forms is the easy use, templates, and the various features function. Microsoft Forms is incredibly user friendly. When I first got my Microsoft account and learned to use Forms, everything was pretty much self explanatory. There were a couple of things that I needed to play around with but once I figured out, I really enjoyed using Microsoft Forms because of its simplicity. Secondly, Microsoft Forms has many templates a user can choose from depending on the occasion. This makes it convenient for me as I don't have to create a form from scratch, I can work off a pre-made template which is time saving. Lastly, you can add questions in various styles such as for the user to respond by uploading a picture file or through a ranking system or short/long answer text boxes. Every time I make forms I always use Microsoft Forms as it saves me time and is easy to make a well made form.

Cons:

I don't really have any negative to say. One suggestion could be for Microsoft to add more template options. I really enjoy using Microsoft Forms.

Anil
Marketing Executive in Türkiye
Marketing & Advertising, 5,001–10,000 Employees

Forms with Microsoft Forms

Comments: Microsoft Forms give you space to create forms and surveys, it helps you really important features.

Pros:

Microsoft Forms is essential tool to create forms and surveys, it is really important to create with it.

Cons:

Microsoft Forms is quite slow when you are working but it gives important features.

Paper & Forest Products, 1,001–5,000 Employees

A powerful tool for gathering feedback and data

Comments: Microsoft Form's interface is simple and straightforward, and the drag-and-drop functionality makes it easy to add questions and create professional looking forms.

Pros:

I use Microsoft Forms for everthing from gathering feedback from employees. It's a great way to get the information I need, and it's easy to use.

Cons:

I wish Microsoft forms had more customization options.

Baily
Educator in US
Education Management, 5,001–10,000 Employees

Forms, great for polling, not the best for grading higher level thinking problems

Comments: Overall, I think it is a great product for formative assessments and surveying. I use it in my high school classroom often.

Pros:

The real-time graphs and pie charts are great for polling and surveys for my students. Having a QR code makes completing the Form very easy.

Cons:

I often give students question where they have to show equations, work, or write in sentences. Other online assessment tools allow me to grade those types of answers on wifi, in real time. Forms makes you download an excel, take up space on your device, and then it isn't in real time. I would also suggest that you allow us to customize the link right on your platform. Your links are absurdly long and I have to use an outside website to shorten it.

Adam
Special Projects Coordinator in Canada
Building Materials, 201–500 Employees

A great option for basic forms and automation

Comments: It's been a great, simple tool for building workflows and basic information gathering forms to streamline and automate processes. Intuitive and has powerful connectors into power automate.

Pros:

The ease of use, sharing, and connecting with power automate makes this a strong contender for simple workflows and information gathering for M365 users.

Cons:

It can be a bit 'over-simplified' at times. Like a lot of things Microsoft - it's a great start but feels like it could benefit from more mature feature set, especially as a business process / workflow tool for those who don't need the full suite of power platform tools.

Cris
IT Assistant in Mexico
Civic & Social Organization, 11–50 Employees

Easy use and management

Comments: It's a good alternative to make easy surveys.

Pros:

Compatibility with Microsoft 365 software

Cons:

Few customization options available for the surveys.

Arnaud
Software developer in Canada
Information Technology & Services, 2–10 Employees

Well integrated and simple to use

Pros:

Integration with existing Microsoft/Outlook accounts makes use of this software very simple.

Cons:

The pricing of the software package may be a barrier to entry.

Saksham
MBA Studnet in India
Education Management, 501–1,000 Employees

Making surveys quicker and better - Microsoft Forms

Comments: Microsoft Forms has a great UI that makes tracking responses especially convenient. It offers in-built analysis also that gives you the insight you're looking for without any efforts.

Pros:

The interface of the forms is pretty modern - both as a creator and as a responder. You can have surveys created and floated right away.

Cons:

While creating a survey, the option to select the type of question can be improved. Also, in case you want to change the question type later on, it becomes a bit tough.

Christos
System Administrator in Cyprus
Legal Services, 51–200 Employees

Easy as 1 2 3

Pros:

Easy to create forms. We are using Microsoft forms to digitalize the procedure of requesting badget for travel expenses. Also we have intergated the procedure with power automate and we created a completed approval system!

Cons:

Until now and for the purposes we use Microsoft Forms I can't find any downsides.

Benjamin
Benjamin
Manager Network Performance Analysis in US
Hospital & Health Care, 51–200 Employees

Microsoft Forms, Feedback Central

Pros:

I love how quickly and easily I can request feedback via a survey or poll in Microsoft Forms. It is user friendly, very easy to customize, and delivers a consistent product every time. This is greatly improved my ability to ensure that I am on the same page with the many teams that I work with on a daily basis.

Cons:

I have not come across any things that I specifically do not like with Microsoft Forms.

Thierry
Operations Assistant in Belgium
Health, Wellness & Fitness, 11–50 Employees

Easy online forms

Comments: Easy to use and included in O365

Pros:

Very user friendly. Easy to integrate in Sharepoint.

Cons:

Some extra features would be convenient. Being able to send personalised replies after a form has been filled in. Integration with third party tools would be great.

James
James
CEO in Sweden
Motion Pictures & Film, 2–10 Employees

Good for forms

Pros:

Its quite a good software pick, altough there are other softwares out there.

Cons:

I like it but the pricing is decent and the features are decent, I reccomend google forms or 123formbuilder much more.

Rabemananjara
Communication officer in France
Arts & Crafts, 11–50 Employees

Make simple forms

Pros:

It's easy to use, the software have all the essential tools to make simple forms.

Cons:

Not enough creative tools to page the forms and not enough tools to make in-depth investigation

Orlando
IT Technician in South Africa
Construction software, 51–200 Employees

Excellent for Surveys and Polls

Pros:

It is easy and quick to set up a survey and polls using Microsoft Forms. We can easily gather votes from the staff before we make any decisions, this is also great when we do surveys for employees' satisfaction.

Cons:

I feel like Microsoft can improve this by adding more templates, and also the designs and details on the generated reports, however for now it is free, so it is worth it.