15 years of helping Indian businesses

LatitudeLearning Reviews

About LatitudeLearning

LatitudeLearning LMS is built specifically to manage extended enterprise training programs — the way you want.

Learn more about LatitudeLearning

Pros:

The customer support was extremely responsive and the setup was surprisingly very easy and on top of it there were no major issues that arose that I couldn't handle.

Cons:

Lacks integration functionality with HRMS applications. Difficult to upload files containing audio of video files.

LatitudeLearning ratings

3.7
Customer Service Software
4.2
4.0
4.3

7.6/10

LatitudeLearning has an overall rating of 4.1 out 5 stars based on 160 user reviews on Capterra.

Have you used LatitudeLearning before?

Rick
Rick
Training and Safety Manager in US
Oil & Energy, 501–1,000 Employees

I am a one person training department who relies heavily on Latitude learning to help me.

Comments: OSHA compliance and tracking. New employee on-boarding. Monthly safety training. I do all of this with the help of Latitude learning.

Pros:

It works. My learners like to use the system and the training. Your support people are the best. They are always willing to answer a question and help out.

Cons:

I have looked at the Captivate LMS and like the visual graphic interface. It is difficult to (for me) change my certification curriculum. I would like to see templates of pages to use for my site. I am not a HTML programmer, so making pages easier for me would be better. Possibly the use of an outside tool like DreamWeaver, XD, or other easy to use webpage builder and import a page.

6 years ago

Rick, We appreciate your feedback. I will pass along your suggestion for additional page templates. Please don't hesitate providing more enhancement suggestion here: https://www.latitudelearning.com/lms-enhancement-suggestion. Your input is valuable to the future decisions made on LatitudeLearning.

Does exactly what I need.

Comments: Helps us track certifications for our training department.

Pros:

You cannot beat the price. The value of what you get for the money cannot be beat. 100 concurrent users for free is amazing.

Cons:

I wish the reporting was a little bit better. I would love to be able to see better stats regarding questions missed on tests.

6 years ago

Great news. Our R&D has worked diligently over the past year to give our users a more robust reporting experience. Please take a moment and see the newest reporting capabilities you have at your fingertips.

Steven
teacher in US
Nonprofit Organization Management, 1,001–5,000 Employees

Difficult to Learn

Comments: I was looking for a way to run an online school. I did not find what I needed and would not recommend this website based on my experience.

Pros:

It seems to look nice. What? Do I need to add more before you will allow me to go on? There is nothing more good I can say about it.

Cons:

It is difficult to setup and create courses. There are many other LMSs out there that are much easier for the teacher to setup and use. I was looking for a replacement for Instructure's Canvas that also has a free for teachers service, but does not allow the setup of a school in the free for teachers program. LL seems to have the school, but it leaves a lot of unanswered questions and no apparent way to find the answers. What would have been better would be if they automatically enrolled you in their own course that explains how to use their service. Frankly, I just got frustrated trying to figure it out and gave up. It just was not worth the effort.

6 years ago

Steven, In addition to using our Forever Free LMS, we also offer a Tools Bootcamp which is 6 hours of one-on-one training. At the conclusion of the Bootcamp you will have a full overview of over 70 configuration and operation tools designed to assist you in organizing people, organizing content, configuring the user experience, managing people, managing enrollments and tracking progress.

Not a bad system for the money

Comments: It's ok. Not the best on the market.

Pros:

A lot of functionality and features. Definitely will meet a majority of a company's needs. This is a big strength of the system.

Cons:

It's not very user friendly. The learning curve is high and even then the steps are very complicated. Seems like they could find easier ways to do tasks.

Effective once all the steps are complete

Comments: The product and support elements were there for my organization when most needed; this was hugely appreciated and just-in-time.

Pros:

Ability to assess with custom assets - the functionality is clean and simple and easy to populate with custom questions and distractors.

Cons:

Over-engineered system for importing new users - hierarchy options try to drill too deep. When importing users I have to complete several other group requirements that are unnecessary for my implementation.

6 years ago

We pride ourselves on being responsive to our amazing clients. We even have a program that ensures we will be there months/years of your initial setup. Our ClientCare¿ program ensures your training program operate efficiently with prompt resolutions to your concerns, regular check-ups, periodic updates and administrative support to paying clients.

Cindy
Cindy
Closeout Specialist & HR Administrator in US
Telecommunications, 11–50 Employees

Just what we needed!

Comments: We didn't have to invest a ton of money to develop a new-hire skills assessment that we only use once in a while, but it's there when we need it.

Pros:

There is a great deal of flexibility in the assessment styles. We needed a solution for a pre-hire skills assessment. I used to be a K-12 teacher, and I was looking for something inexpensive to use in my current role in HR, but we didn't want to invest a ton of money into something we wouldn't use very often. This really solved all of our problems.

Cons:

The only thing that I feel is missing from this user experience is a way to filter teacher-touch essays and non-auto-graded questions through the grading system. My workaround is to assume those questions are going to be scored incorrectly, and inform the user beforehand that their score will not reflect accurately their skill level.

Nico
Nico
Didactisch medewerker O-team in Belgium

Pretty good solution for my needs

Comments: Improved learning process of employees among with other E-learning tools we use.

Pros:

compatibibilty with our internal softwares. Issues and errors are rare. Adaptations can be done quickly and efficiently. No frequent/earnest need yet to contact custommer support, but I guess thats a good sign.

Cons:

Somehow the interface of tools. Doesn't allways work intuitive. I still have issues making reports, I sometimes need different information but the provided info.

6 years ago

Nico: Ours Tools Bootcamp will help you enhance your LMS experience. It comprises of one-on-one training sessions, totaling 6-hours, that walks you through the basic tools available to aid in the configuration and operation of your LMS. You will get an overview of over 70 configuration and operation tools designed to assist you in organizing people, organizing content, configuring the user experience, managing people, managing enrollments and tracking progress. At the conclusion of Tools Bootcamp, you will have a better understanding of these tools and how they should be used to enhance your training program.

Keith
Keith
Owner in US
E-Learning, 2–10 Employees

Great if you are getting started

Pros:

I have used the free version of this for some time. It is a cost-effective way to publish courses online.

Cons:

The out of the box version is ugly. It takes a lot of knowledge and work to make it not look cookie cutter.

Eric
Eric
Medical Records/IT in US

Excellent experience so far, helped make training in our workplace more accessible.

Comments: Logging of user training completion is made much easier, and also the ability for employees to be able to train when they have time makes it easier than having to pull them into a room at different times in order to go over training. This helps a lot considering we have more than one location.

Pros:

There are lots of features and customization's available right off the bat with the site. There are many different options for class setup and presentations. Also one thing I like a lot is the ability to generate the various reports which makes keeping logs for compliance purposes easier.

Cons:

There is a little learning curve when it comes uploading classes and creating classes, but not terribly hard at least. Seems really easy for employees to create their own accounts which sounds good, but when their accounts are predesignated by me, it forces me to go back and merge duplicate accounts to make sure everyone shows the correct completion of courses.

6 years ago

Eric: great to hear you are experiencing success with LatitudeLearning by training more people with less effort.

Founder & Creative Director in UK

Simple LMS for small projects

Pros:

If you are in need of an LMS to show your portfolio or just as a sample, then the free small version of Latitute Learning LMS is great. It has a simple but effective amount of features which work perfectly for simple needs.

Cons:

Obviously, for the price it is basic but if you only need this for showing a portfolio or small-scale courses, then this is great.

Laura
Education Manager in US
Media Production, 501–1,000 Employees

Easy to design and understand how to use the LMS

Comments: Customer Satisfaction

Pros:

The software is very easy to use and understand. not having much of a tech background, I was still able to design the system based on our needs. The users manual is very helpful.

Cons:

I can't think of anything that I dislike about the software. I have already recommended the system to several others

6 years ago

Laura, Your recommendations to our product is very appreciated. Thanks you for using LatitudeLearning.

Laura
Education Manager in US
Hospital & Health Care, 501–1,000 Employees

Easy to use and set up

Pros:

The help desk is very helpful and quick to answer questions. I'm not the most technological person and I have encountered a few questions and they were very quick on getting back to me with the right answer.

7 years ago

Laura, Our ClientCare Team ensures your training program operates efficiently and that means quick response time. Thanks for the feedback!

Joseph
Director, HR in US

Great LMS

Pros:

Vast functionality. Easy to roll out to multiple sites, administrators and users. Library of free content is deep.

Cons:

Not immediately intuitive. Took time to set up before rolling to administrators. Users needed some instruction around how to access the content.

6 years ago

Joseph: thanks for your feedback. We do provide a Getting Started Guide that is located on our Support Page to help give step by step instructions on how to set up an LMS.

Jeff
Application Consultant in US
Medical Devices, 1,001–5,000 Employees

Excellent software that is intuitive.

Comments: The ability to catalogue customer learning and offer certification for that learning.

Pros:

The logic is good so going from one point of process to the next is reasonable. It is relatively easy to use and provides a needed resource for customers.

Cons:

Some functions could be improved with "smarter" technology so that repeated effort can be avoided. Like name recognition with new entries. The software should be able to suggest it knows what you're inputting and update pervasively so that at all points of the process the information added will be reflected and therefore easier to find.

7 years ago

Jeff, Thank you for the feedback. We are constantly working to improve our product from input we receive from users like yourself.

Candine
Superintendent in US
Government Administration, 51–200 Employees

Latitude Learning has a course to cater to the needs of every level of post-adolescent learning.

Comments: The opportunity to do several courses for a very nominal fee. These courses can be basic refreshers in certain areas which was covered while I was in college. Additionally, there are also courses which I have not really had much training in so there is an opportunity to gain some knowledge in that area.

Pros:

It is easy to use. Many websites are not user friendly and this makes it difficult to scroll through to courses.

Cons:

Can be time consuming to navigate courses. There are several courses which is good as this allows for multidisciplinary training opportunities. However, there are often so many courses which are to your liking that it is time consuming to look at all of them.

krishna
account manager in US
Accounting Software, 11–50 Employees
Used the Software for: Not provided

over all its good experience

Pros:

Cons:

user friendly,ease of using this software and user friendly also nice features & functionality with dedicated customer support

6 years ago

Krishna, We take pride in our world-class ClientCare¿ Team. Thanks for noticing our friendly, dedicated and knowledgeable ClientCare staff.

Jeff
Information Systems Specialist in US

A strong LMS capable of handing multiple groups and divisions of learners

Pros:

A fully developed LMS that provides comprehensive capabilities. No excuse for not trying out the LMS. I like the certification management abilities as well. The Location codes would be helpful for multi city companies. Approvals features are no found in many other LMSs so it is nice to have.

Cons:

Could have a more contemporary look to the LMS, but, it is still is very capable. Not really anything to complain about though.

6 years ago

Jeff: Thanks for your positive review of our LMS. LatitudeLearning is a rich, full feature learning management system.

Jraan
Quality System Manager/L&D Manager in Singapore
Consumer Goods, 11–50 Employees

Great LMS for small organizations

Comments: I am new to LMS and was looking for one that fits the learning needs of my operations. While most other LMSes out there offers time limited free trials, Latitude's free for 100 active users really is a blessing to small companies. Also more than 70+ pre-loaded e-learning courses are great!

Pros:

1) Full featured even for the free LMS - announcements, reporting, people manager's visibility of employees' learning journeys, easy enrollment for employees, web/cloud-based. 2) self-guide video is very information and helps someone new to LMS get up to speed quickly 3) Responsive technical support which resolves all my queries 4) Can customize to our company brand 5)

Cons:

People Managers need to have an easy way for them to set learning goals for those employees directly reporting to them instead of having to go through the administrators. I do not see this functionality available to them when I impersonate as them to verify what they see.

Zemenu
Marketting Research Analyst in Ethiopia
Higher Education Software, 1,001–5,000 Employees

Over all the application is excellent from my side.

Comments: Save time,make my work easy, very friendly to use the program, improve the quality of my work and flexible to rework.

Pros:

It gives spacial opportunity to experience new features.In addition the software save a lot of time and ease to run.It motivates to use in a friendly manner.

Cons:

Some times it gets stacked somewhere. I noticed that whenever there is slow laptop operation system, the use is very challenging.

7 years ago

Zemenu, Glad to hear you are finding success using LatitudeLearning. Our team works hard to ensure our clients have a positive LMS experience.

Okpe ThankGod
Data Analyst in Nigeria
Education Management, 11–50 Employees

This is just what i need to move my business and increase profit and i enjoyed using your products

Comments: Customer satisfaction and am creating a long lasting brand for the company, an experience that will last long, majority of my customer testify about their experience. I love that.

Pros:

I love the user friendly environment, the Learning Management System is awesome, my uncle was pleased when i used it in one of his schools.

Cons:

Incorporating students database from different school wasn't easy for me , its a challenge but am learning more of what the software will do for my business

Avinash
Lead QA in US

Had a little trouble configuring the LMS to fit NYC DOE standards

Pros:

Web based and easy to maintain. The implementation into the DOE system seemed seamless. Easy to push contents to users

Cons:

Customer support and rigidness in features. It as hard to update role and title thru the front UI. Backend updates were required to get desired features

6 years ago

Avinsash, Thanks for your feedback. We can only get better with honest and constructive reviews as you have provided. We are glad you are currently seeing benefits to your training program using Latitude's feature-rich LMS.

, 51–200 Employees

When looking for a new LMS, I compared Latitude Learning to most of the established compeition.

Pros:

It's free!! It is one of the only fully featured free LMS options out there...then again you do get exactly what you paid for too. It's not a horrible option if your budget constrained, but it might not be the best tool out there either.

Cons:

It's a bit clunky when working with the design tools and you are pretty limited. Again, being a free LMS, I can't really expect it to be perfect.

6 years ago

At Latitude we don't support the phrase "One Size Fits All", because when it comes to an LMS it's simply just not true. Trying to fit your philosophies and workflows into a cookie-cutter system just doesn't cut it. Our clients do find LatitudeLearning to be the perfect solution to their mission critical training program. We'd love for you to give us another chance so we can show you how Latitude's myLMS program can be the perfect solution for you, too.

President/CEO in US
E-Learning, 2–10 Employees

Highly interactive professional distant learning system I have ever experienced.

Comments: I have committed my business to use this software for our E-Learning and workforce development programs internationally.

Pros:

It took some time to assimilate the extensive boot camp content, but it becomes easy and practical to apply after studying the process, the basic application of the principles and the practical application becomes easy.

Cons:

It is labor intensive to customize to client's specifications. This translates into its cost of professional implementation of the software, especially for administrators with limited IT skills.

6 years ago

David, Glad you were able to get the most out of our Tools Bootcamp. There are over 70 configuration and operation tools designed to assist you in organizing people, organizing content, configuring the user experience, managing people, managing enrollments and tracking progress.

sukumar
software engineer in US

it's very good

Pros:

ease of use, routing, fonts, content, overall it's useful, grpahics, images, learning material are all very good, time spent on website is minimal, don't take any guesses, professional apt looking website, like it very much

Cons:

lots of functions, could have more rich content for user to navigate and have a nice feeling. should be user focused and most importantly should not take most time spending. however, it's not really bad.

6 years ago

Sukumar: We appreciate your feedback on LatitudeLearning. As we grow we want to keep you informed of all enhancements made to our product. Please sign up via the link below to receive LatitudeLearning LMS Roadmap updates right to your inbox. http://latitudelearning.us1.list-manage.com/subscribe?u=c791680a9d2389e2cd64cd99c&id=33ab6cd9f6

James
President/Owner in US
Religious Institutions, Self Employed

I like the price, but I don't like the user interface.

Comments: I figured out that I needed a better user interface.

Pros:

I like that the pricing is low and would help me launch an online training program without too much overhead, especially with the free-tier giving me the ability to beta test my content without having to incur the cost of paying for the LMS. I also like having the ability to run reports on enrolled learners' activity.

Cons:

The user interface. It's hard to navigate and it's not very appealing visually. It'd be fine if I was doing certifications for plumbers, but it's not going to keep the attention of millennials, who are my primary target audience.

6 years ago

James, thank you for your feedback. We appreciate the time you took to help us improve the LatitudeLearning experience.