XLSTAT Reviews

4.6 (352) Write a Review!

About XLSTAT

The leading data analysis and statistical solution for Microsoft EXCEL®. Analyze, customize and share your results.

Learn more about XLSTAT

Pros:

Easy to use and handle, no turning and easy to learn.

Cons:

Sometimes the difficult in reinstall the old versions in other computers.

XLSTAT ratings

4.6
4.5
4.6
4.5

8.8/10

XLSTAT has an overall rating of 4.6 out 5 stars based on 352 user reviews on Capterra.

Have you used XLSTAT before?

Parag Jyoti
Parag Jyoti
Assistant Professor (S-3) in India
Research, 501-1,000 Employees

XLSTAT: the workhorse for data science

Comments: XLSTAT can be best described as the software for data science from beginner to advanced levels that can be operated without the need of technical guidance. Sampling, data preparation, exploratory data analysis to building prediction models with state-of-the-art machine learning algorithms generally encompasses a set of requirements: a clear objective, a software with all standard features and algorithms, intuition, technical guidance, and probably, also experience. With XLSTAT, the first one in the list alone is sufficient enough to successfully accomplish the goal; the rest is taken care of by XLSTAT. In the academic milieu, we regularly face the task of explaining students of how statistical models are built from a set of data and their specific applications accompanied by demonstrations in the classroom. This includes even spatial and time-series data. This tutoring approach goes a long way in encouraging students towards a dissertation project involving data-driven modelling. In this situation, undergraduates who only have some basic operational knowledge about Excel spreadsheets are easily drawn into using a data science platform which runs on the already familiar Excel and transforms their data in spreadsheets into powerful and efficient models. This is where XLSTAT becomes the default platform for data science projects. In short, XLSTAT is a workhorse for data scientists with a few simple mouse clicks and visualizing the response in every step as stunning graphics.

Pros:

XLSTAT can process even spatial data as raster to CSV converted files and enables to prepare the data just like in Excel. Data preparation is the single tedious task which consumes most of the time in a data science project. XLSTAT has all standard features and algorithms of machine learning software which can be operated by editing simple spreadsheets.

Cons:

Not suitable for processing a big dataset with 10 million rows such as high-resolution remote sensing images

4 years ago

Many thanks for your detailed review! It is now possible to load data files which exceed the standard Excel worksheet size. This import method loads data into the computer¿s memory rather than the worksheet. This option is currently available for regression, normality tests and data management tasks but we plan to integrate it to more features.

Shaoyang
Shaoyang
Senior Research Assistant in Australia
Food & Beverages, 5,001-10,000 Employees

I recommend every researcher/student buy XLSTAT

Comments: I handle most of my sensory evaluation data and consumer data using XLSTAT. It is super easy and smooth to complete the data feeding – processing – reporting procedure. Now it only takes me 10 mins to finish all thoes steps (without XLSTAT, 2–3 days might not be enough)

Pros:

Economic, user-friendly, comprehensive online tutorial, customised training courses, best integration to Excel, up-to-date solutions, customer service

Cons:

Some functions have bugs that cause Excel collapse. I always identify these bugs and report them to Addinsoft. They always contact me the next day and fix these bugs as fast as they can.

Laura
Professor in Mexico
Higher Education, 501-1,000 Employees

Essential software in life sciences research

5.0 2 months ago New

Comments: Excellent, I advise my undergraduate and postgraduate students with this software and I recommend it to them. I use it daily for my research.

Pros:

It is friendly and educational. It breaks down an explains the results very well, in addition to having simple tutorials. I recommend it to my students because it is didactic and has good quality graphics

Cons:

Although I don't consider it too expensive compared to other software, its price is still high considering my income as a professor.

Marcus
Assistant Extension Professor in US
Environmental Services, 1,001-5,000 Employees

XLSTAT works well for Windows, but not Macs

Comments: I thought this software was a great idea, and it works really well on a Windows machine. I tried it several times (several versions) on a Mac, and was always disappointed. The support staff acknowledges that the performance on a Mac is less than on a PC

Pros:

It is easy (and powerful) to interface this package with Excel on a Windows machine, but it's disappointingly slow (and crashes) on a Mac.

Cons:

This software doesn't work well on a Mac.

Mark
Clinical Research Consultant in US
Biotechnology, Self Employed

XLSTAT gets me through the day!

Comments: Sample size and power estimates are easy in XLSTAT. The exercise compels non-statisticians to pay attention to the statistical considerations at the earliest stages of clinical trial design and protocol development.

Pros:

Cons:

Add a calculator for Cohen's d and Cohen's h so that I can easily estimate standardized effect size for experimental agents from published articles. For Cohen's d, provide the option of entering either SD or SE and N, because one or the other, but not both, are reported in journal articles.

Greg
Greg
Professor in US
Education Management, 501-1,000 Employees

XLStat Review

Comments: I find XLStat to be a useful tool for statistical instruction.

Pros:

Integration with Excel. Ease of use. Good tech support.

Cons:

Finding help files for some of the features is not intuitive.

Ngha
Data Analyst in Cameroon
Information Services, 2-10 Employees

Amazing software for statistical analysis right from within excel

Comments: Overall, I am satisfied with XLSTAT in terms of value for money and ease of use. Given that I have advanced level knowledge in excel, this streamlines my workflow significantly with the way it is integrated into excel.
However the price is really on a high end.

Pros:

The one thing that keeps me coming back to XLSTAT despite many alternatives is the ability of the software to write a summary interpretation of statistical tests

Cons:

The software is very expensive compared to other software that can do similar statistical analysis

Fatin
RESEARCHER in Malaysia
Higher Education, 501-1,000 Employees

User friendly

Comments: I really like using XLSTAT it makes my work easy compared to other software that I've used before.

Pros:

This software is equipped with step by step tutorial on running your statistical analysis which really help if you are a beginner. The data visualization is also fantastic and can be done with only several clicks.

Cons:

Although the subscription plan of XLSTAT is much lower compared to other statistical software, it is still a bit expensive to researchers/educators from developing countries.

Ronan
PT, PhD biology in France
Hospital & Health Care, 501-1,000 Employees

Statistics in human biology researchs

4.0 last week New

Pros:

This software is easy to use and its handling is intuitive and quick

Cons:

There could be more precise aids for the setting of statistical operations

véronique louise
professor of university researcher in France
Research, 2-10 Employees

xlstat is an help for scientist non specialist

4.0 2 months ago New

Comments: I produced publication with good statistics

Pros:

tutorials and interface

Cons:

I would like to have individual serious learning

Mauricio
Researcher and professor in Mexico
Health, Wellness & Fitness, 10,000+ Employees

I think I'm a satisfied user of XLSTAT

Comments: I have used XLSTAT for more than 5 years for data analysis in the field of health sciences (basic, clinical and epidemiological research) with good results. I have tried to recommend the use of XLSTAT to other colleagues, but the cost of licenses and the need to renew the support / update service every year is a major obstacle. I have needed assistance for XLSTAT use several times, and the response of the support team has always been promptly and in a satisfactory way. I think that thanks to the fact that we are already many users of XLSTAT and that it has been several years since its launch -with which the costs of the initial investments have already been amortized-, they could lower the costs of the licenses, in order to encourage users to keep using this useful software, as well as to attract new users to this growing community.

Pros:

Being an extension of the excel interface facilitates its use and is relatively simple. The output formats of the results are easy to interpret and to be used in other applications.

Cons:

For the same reason that it is a program that opens within another (add-in for Excel, Microsoft), any change in the operating system or in the Excel itself impacts the performance of XLSTAT. Unfortunately, in recent yeas this has happened very frequently, leaving out those who has not contracted the support/update service, since in some cases it is possible that XLSTAT stops working completely. There is a real dependence on the support/update service even for basic operation.

4 years ago

Thank you for your review. Indeed, as an Excel add-on XLSTAT depends on Microsoft Office. Therefore, we have to constantly develop and release new versions to ensure full compatibility with the most recent versions of Excel. This is why, when purchasing a perpetual license, we establish a maintenance contract valid for one year, renewable each year at a reduced rate.

Barbara
Consumer Insights Head manager, Fragrance in Mexico
Chemicals, 1,001-5,000 Employees

Useful and Essential tools for Market Research professionals

Comments: I always had a great experience with XLSTAT even when I don't know how to do something, it's really intuitive, with patience and determination, we always find the solution !

Pros:

I like the way it presents the results and the fact that I can rework each graph to make it more eye-catching. It's really easy to work on data even if we have to practice a bit to master it! It's so much easier than a R software or a pyhton and the info we get is really valuable to understand and get conclusions about a survey. We can almost do everything!

Cons:

Sometimes it takes me a little while to figure out how to organize the data to get what I want, maybe we could have video tutorials when we buy the license with training exercises around linear regression, penalties , ANOVA, ACP/AFC. Fortunately, you can find videos on the internet but sometimes I need something really specific, it could be great to have more personalized help too. I don't know maybe include a training session with a professional once a year when buying the license (or put it as an option that we could add?)

Robert
Prof. in Germany
Hospital & Health Care, 5,001-10,000 Employees

Highly recommendable for all Excel users in science

Comments: Using it for a few years now and cant imagine using EXCEL without it.

Pros:

XLSTAT provides basic functionality that is not available in MS EXCEL- most importantly non-parametric tests. Scientists have to understand that the majority of their data is not normally distributed, consequently the tests MS EXCEL contains are not sufficient. While EXCEL is a powerful and often underrated tool, its functionality is incomplete without XLSTAT. To my students I recommend to use at least the free XLSTAT basic version.

Cons:

Unfortunately, there is still no compendium of all commands and the corresponding sytnax. E.g. if you dont want every result to be displayed on a new sheet, but rather in EXCEL style in a single cell, you need to use XLSTAT commands, such as "=XLSTAT_MannWhitney(array1,array2,a) - here, a stands for tails, but nobody knows what you have to enter… this is poor. I feel it cant be that hard to add a complete list of commands with syntax.

Michel
Professor in Canada
Research, 51-200 Employees

Excellent software and easy to use

Comments: I have used XLSTAT for many years as a part of my research projects and almost all my publications. An easy software to use that can help to generate great visual graphs for your research projects.

Pros:

The software is integrated with Excel which makes the use of it extremely easy Excellent video tutorials are provided to guide you through what you need to do for your own data analysis

Cons:

More control on some of the omics tools will be a great addition to this software

Principal Scientist in US
Food & Beverages, 1,001-5,000 Employees

Sensory Evaluation in XLSTAT

Comments: Our group is responsible for a large number of sensory tests. XLSTAT makes it easy to turn these studies around quickly with the tables and charts it produces.

Pros:

XLSTAT makes multivariate analysis a snap. I have been a SAS user since 1982 and use it for some analysis where I need the detailed diagnostics. However, I try to utilize statistics packages that are easier to use when possible which makes it much simpler to instruct more junior scientists how to perform advanced analysis and XLSTAT is really good for this. I make it a practice to check any new statistical package against SAS results and XLSTAT passes with flying colors.

Cons:

The only problem I have encountered with XLSTAT is having EXCEL crash n occasion, though this may have more to do with how our IT department has configured our computers.

FRANCISCO
Investigador in Mexico
Environmental Services, 2-10 Employees

XLSTAT in my diary work

Comments: My experience is very pleasant. XLSTAT allows me to perform very simple works (graphs like the box diagram) to a little more complicated analysis (RDA analysis) all from the familiarity of Microsoft EXCEL.

Pros:

What I like about XLSTAT is its integration with EXCEL, which makes it very easy and intuitive to use.

Cons:

Now, the level of compartmentalization in the modules. It would be easier to have a full version with all the analysis options

Research Associate in Zimbabwe
Research, 201-500 Employees

XLSTAT The Data analysis Friendly Add in!!!

Comments: Having to manually do certain tasks. With XLSTAT the computer does the job so easily. So far the experience has been awesome!!

Pros:

The fact that it allows me to customize my excel functions. It allows me to add add-ins that make data handling very much easier. For example i have managed to put in an add in that allows me to merge given excel files without having to individually copy and paste. Once i have my add in added to the xlstat folder i can just click and achieve my stack in one go. Then also i have managed to include another add in that is very useful for classification of my data after i have run my analysis. Simply by just copying the addin into the XLSTAT folder.

Cons:

So far it has not disappointed me. I wish to see more of its usefulness

Sensory Analyst in US
Research, 11-50 Employees

XLSTAT

Comments: I use XLSTAT Sensory, and I really enjoy it. The software is user-friendly and easy to use, and there is a plethora of resources for all users.

Pros:

I really like how user-friendly it is, and how there is a full explanation of how to use each function. I often look to the XLSTAT website for help and it is a great resource.

Cons:

The only comment I have is that it would be nice to be able to communicate with a help desk type resource through a chat box- however this feature may already exist and I just have not yet discovered it yet.

Student in US
Education Management, 501-1,000 Employees

Probably easiest statistical tool to use

Pros:

I like how the software allows me to do my data analysis with ease, as compared to STATA, which requires a great deal of practice and knowledge in order to use it effectively.

Cons:

Some features are of relatively insignificant importance. Also, the display of outputs does not look really attractive to me.

Reza
Reza
Directeur Recherche Clinique & Opérations / Clinical Research Director & Chief Operating Officer in France
Hospital & Health Care, 2-10 Employees

Impressive software with friendly interface and accurate results

Comments: Very good experience for many years, use it on a daily basis.

Pros:

I run all the analysis with XLStat and always compared with SAS and R: XLStat is very accurate and reliable for researchers.

Cons:

Crashes with too many data. Huge datasets like omics data may require to go to R or SAS.

Mery
Associate Professor in Italy
Chemicals, 201-500 Employees

XLSTAT is really a user friendly statistical software

Comments: I use often XLSTAT software to understand and solve environmental problems. It is essential in my work to treat large multivariate dataset and extract the desired useful information.

Pros:

This software is cheap and user friendly. Moreover it works as add-on for Excel and it exploits all its potentials. The figures obtained by this software are easily manageable and transferable in different type of files (doc, pdf, ppt, etc.). The tutorials are clear and exhaustive.

Cons:

Unfortunately this software does not allow to perform very important chemometric treatments like, for example, SIMCA and bootstrap validation methods.

Julia
Physician in US
Medical Practice, 5,001-10,000 Employees

Great for medical research

Comments: XLSTAT is easy to use and understand for people who are looking to perform more advanced statistics. In addition to the software, any question I have had has been easily answered on the XLSTAT website. I have used this program for about 2 years now and plan to continue renewing this program in the future.

Pros:

This software has a wide range of statistical tests. Any statistical need I have, I am able to answer my question using XLSTAT. Other programs are very limited in the tests that are offered. I have not had this problem with XLSTAT.

Cons:

Very rarely, the software will freeze, and I will lose unsaved work entirely.

Manager - Product Claims Substantiation in US
Consumer Goods, 1,001-5,000 Employees

Thank You !!!

Comments: We added this as an additional piece to our great testing abilities. The statistical format, and the XLSTAT reference, is a good one to point out in the field. It's well known out there so no need to explain some hocus-pocus statistical nightmare to customers.

Pros:

Software reminds me of some of the functionality of the older SAS software. As I am used to that sort of thing... for me it's very cool. The environment is friendly looking, EXCEL Look, so it's not too scary and that is good for some of our newer users. Don't think I have used the full spectrum of statistical functions, however, for what we require it's very nice. Output looks very impressive on our reports/presentations. The links to the 'help' notes and examples are great features.

Cons:

I would have liked to see an easier way to make it available on more machines in our laboratories/offices. I have it on one machine but I need some help in adding that across groups.

Research assistant in South Africa
Biotechnology, 2-10 Employees

The best Statistical software I have ever used, and believe me, I have used a lot.

Comments: We use XLSTAT to analyse biological data. The software is readily available, easy to install, easy to use and easy to master. It really is the perfect software for the analyses we do at our research group.

Pros:

The software is user-friendly, results are easy to interpret, it's an all-in-one software. The fact that it can be integrated with excel removes the need to import data, which is freaking awesome. The other software that I have used require extensive training beforehand, however, with XLStat, the support from the team and webinars were enough to navigate the software like a pro.

Cons:

Nothing really. I honestly love XLSTAT.

4 years ago

Many thanks for your review from the XLSTAT team!

Jenifer
Scientific in Spain
Food & Beverages, 11-50 Employees

XLSTAT User

Pros:

XLSTAT is a very useful tool for the treatment of scientific data. It is a more intuitive software than others that I have used and also offers more graphics options. It is easy to use and the guildlines are very informative. On the other hand, I would like to comment that the commercial and technical service are excellent and they offer quick responses and solutions.

Cons:

By the moment, I haven't any negative opinion. XLSTAT works great.