15 years of helping Indian businesses

About 7shifts

7shifts helps restaurants manage their schedules, time clock, team communication, labor compliance, payroll, tips & more. Start free!

Learn more about 7shifts

Pros:

This is so usefull while you have to make schedules, reports and have a logbook about your workplace. It is also so intuitive and by the price, it is a great option.

Cons:

Employees report that it is the only aspect of the app that gives them trouble.

7shifts ratings

4.7
Customer Service Software
4.7
4.6
4.6

8.9/10

7shifts has an overall rating of 4.7 out 5 stars based on 1,174 user reviews on Capterra.

Have you used 7shifts before?

Filter reviews (1,174)

Brett
Brett
President in US

7Shift Longtime User Review

5.0 last month New

Comments: Works reliably and allows remote scheduling.

Pros:

It works great and allows the team to know and change their schedule on their mobile devices.

Cons:

The price could be a little less costly for a smaller company.

last month

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with 7shifts! We greatly appreciate customer feedback. With any feedback you'd like to share further, feel free to pass it along to [email protected].

Brandon
VP of DTC in US
Restaurants, 11–50 Employees

Great service for a medium sized company!

5.0 2 months ago New

Pros:

This system is great for a medium sized business. We are growing and hiring more and more team members and the ease to add new members to the team is great. The ability to have several managers use the system is great too.

Cons:

The note section for staff for what is going on that day could have the ability to be more detailed maybe by the time of the day if you have several things going on that day.

2 months ago

Susie

It’s Okay

Pros:

When choosing the highest cost package, you will have access to the most basic necessary functions. They do not charge base level employees to use the app

Cons:

Some functions change without first being informed (although they state that they always inform prior to a change). Their beta testing due diligence leaves something to be desired. If they are unable to duplicate an error even if you can prove it exists, they refuse to fix it saying they are incapable of doing so. They make their customers pay for basic functions through the most costly package I used to use 7ahifts for over 4 years. I was looking at using them again for a different restaurant. However, the salesperson I encountered was a typical salesperson and never talked to me like they cared about the company Where I’m currently employed. Instead I was told stats about how I wouldn’t find a program cheaper, that they weren’t gouging those who wanted the basic functions I pointed at, and multiple other aspects in which I was wrong. When I pointed that out, he proceeded to raise his voice at me, chuckled and attempted to carry on I hung up on him at that point of the conversation I would have never signed a contract with this individual. Hopefully other sales reps actually care about potential customers

4 years ago

Hi Susie, Thanks so much for your comment. We really appreciate your candid feedback so we can make the 7shifts experience better for all users, and we're sorry to hear your experience was less than ideal. As a product that is growing and evolving every day, our pricing has changed a lot since you would have first started using 7shifts 4 years ago, but we would like to see what we can do to make 7shifts work for the restaurant you are currently working in. Please drop us a line at [email protected] and we will see what we can do to offer a solution the meets the needs of your business. In regards to your interactions with a member of our team, I have flagged this to our management team to ensure that we provide everyone the same high level of service that we ourselves would expect. We apologize if your experience was less than ideal and really take that to heart. We hope that in the future we can earn back the trust you have placed in our business.

Tessa
Curator in US
Nonprofit Organization Management, 51–200 Employees

Great customer service

Comments: Good. Works most of the time. Customer service is great.

Pros:

If I have an issue the customer service is great. They even take my suggestions and have made improvements!

Cons:

Sometimes it is slow to load so that is anoying

4 months ago

Thank you for taking the time to share your positive experience with 7shifts! We love hearing about how 7shifts has positively impacted your restaurant. If there is ever anything we can help with, our team is here for you. Feel free to reach out to [email protected] for any extra feedback or questions.

Mario
Managing Partner in US

Very Valuable Tool

Comments: Has been a great tool in the daily operation of our business.

Pros:

The ability to mange multiple schedules. Distribute it easily. Communicate with the team. View sales and sale comparisons. Save daily logs.

Cons:

Not fully integrated with POS so that we could pull individual employee sales or receipts or see PMIX reports.

4 months ago

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with 7shifts! We greatly appreciate customer feedback. With any concerns or feedback you'd like to share further, feel free to pass it along to [email protected].

Lilian
HR Manager in US
Education Management, 11–50 Employees

My Experience With 7shifts

5.0 last month New

Pros:

has been very effective as a team communication solution. It is amazing for team scheduling and is easy to use.

Cons:

No bad experiences with 7shifts. Meets needs.

Rachael
Server in Canada
Food & Beverages, 11–50 Employees

Easy to use for even non-tech savvy employees with an added time clock as a bonus feature

5.0 2 weeks ago New

Comments: Overall a very consistence experience with no glitches. Notifications of new schedules were received promptly, time clock feature integrated with main app to account for and track work hours. Happy with functionality and ease of use of 7shifts

Pros:

Ease of use and navigation for employees. Also really liked the integrated time clock feature.

Cons:

No cons noticed while using 7shifts. One challenge was having to use one workplace device for staff to clock-in, which at times would not be plugged in and the device would die. It would have been nice to integrate clock-in feature so employees could use time clock on their own devices. This may exist as a feature now though.

Celine
Hostess in US
Food & Beverages, 201–500 Employees

Great Way to Schedule and Track Hours

Pros:

I love how easy it is for me to check my schedule, update my availability, put in time off requests and communicate with team members. It’s super easy for our team to stay connected.

Cons:

I don’t like that it will log me off randomly, since it is something that I use every day. I also don’t like that the hours tracker has just stopped working. It was a great way to track my finances and budget.

2 months ago

Jessica
Sales Associate in US
Retail, 2–10 Employees

Clock in and clock out simply

5.0 last month New

Comments: I love it. Its simple to use and highly recommended and very easy to use

Pros:

I like how it simple to use. Just type in your employee id and password and click the clock on, clock off button. You get paid for the work youve worked hard for

Cons:

I forgot my password when i first started working an my login was locked. So i had to write my times. But i got paid the same if i were to clock in on the computer

Kendrick
CEO in US
Food & Beverages, 2–10 Employees

7shifts to manage your shifts.

5.0 4 weeks ago New

Comments: As easy as it can get. Just give it a try.

Pros:

Easy to set up, add employees and wages.

Cons:

Nothing to dislike, this app has everything I need.

Brian
General Manager in US

7Shifts review

Comments: Very positive. The software is intuitive and easy to teach others. Plenty of functionality

Pros:

Ability to easily upload a new employee, set their parameters, and schedule them. Ability to message and communicate with staff easily. Ability to create labor projections and review vs actual.

Cons:

Inability to stack and sort employee shifts on a given day.

Allison
Food & Beverages, 11–50 Employees

Still learning the ropes, but seems decent

Pros:

We're interested in this app for the optimal labor scheduling feature. Unfortunately, we haven't yet used it long enough for this feature to work for us. Being able to manually add projected sales to the schedule to see the estimated labor % as you prepare the schedule is helpful. The reports seem easy to read. The helpdesk has been responsive so far.

Cons:

The cost of the second highest tier plan is the same as the highest tier plan on our previous software. I don't know if this is a good value yet since we haven't been using it long enough to access all the features we need. I'm hoping the longer we use it, the better it will get. So far, myself and my team are still struggling to understand and find everything we need.

2 years ago

Thanks for the review Allison! We are confident that our optimal labor tool is going to be a game-changer for your restaurant and our team is here to support your.

Christian
Operations Manager in US
Food & Beverages, 201–500 Employees

7Shifts Review

Comments: Overall, 7Shifts has been the best restaurant scheduling software that I've personally used. If I'm being very honest the bar wasn't particularly high, none the less I'm very satisfied. The insight into staff trends such as engagement and enthusiasm is great. As is the forecasting for scheduling.

Pros:

Both the UX & UI on 7Shifts are lightyears ahead of any other restaurant scheduling software that I've encountered. That's most critical in having hourly employees engage and use the software.

Cons:

We had some issues with POS integration. Granted we use Aloha which isn't the greatest, but importance of POS makes that a harder thing to change so I'd like to see the scheduling software be the more nimble and adaptive one. Announcements and messaging can be clunky to load—especially on mobile.

4 years ago

Thanks for the review Christian! We've happy to hear that 7shifts is the best scheduler you have ever used. We also really appreciate the feedback on your POS integration. I have instructed your Success Manager to reach out to you to see if there is anything that can be done to make this better for you. Cheers!

Owner in US
Food & Beverages, 51–200 Employees

High powered timekeeping for low entry cost.

Comments: 7punches is high powered, low cost product that was very easy to launch company wide.

Pros:

7shifts has a great entry level price point for small organizations and companies. It is accessible, durable and transparent. It instills team confidence with employees when they can track their timesheets in real time and communicate quickly with management and colleagues through the application negating the need to maintain posted call sheets or add contacts to personal mobile devices.

Cons:

7shifts cannot lock or protect a current schedule once its posted. You must use great caution when editing schedules online or on a mobile device that you are actually editing the correct day and date. If your scheduling manager is distracted during the edit process for a future week it is possible to mistakenly edit (and publish) a current week. Additionally, it would be helpful for the software to utilize a biometric reader in 7punches thereby eliminated the 4 digit code requirement.

3 years ago

Thanks for the review David!

Ann
Manager in Canada
Hospital & Health Care, 51–200 Employees

Literally changed my life

Comments: 7 Shifts helped reduce the stress on mangers who do the scheduling. Literally I would not make it out of the parking lot and I would start getting messages from staff about trading shifts , wanting time off etc. They can do most of this on the app. I do not have to carry a paper schedule with me everywhere I go. I do not have 3 or 4 copies of the schedule and all saying different things as they have not all been updated. It is all on my phone . I do not know if i can change the schedule from my phone . If you can I do not know how. Sometimes there are changes when I am out of the office that we cannot do on the app. I do take notes on this and update the schedule when I get to my computer. Not a big deal

Pros:

How easy it is to use. It solved many of our scheduling issues. Staff resolve many of the trades etc among themselves. The schedule is always up to-date. The schedule is always available on my phone. I can approve changes etc when I am not on site and the schedule is updated and everyone knows what is going on.

Cons:

Sometimes the updates have caused some glitches. They are quickly resolved once 7 shifts is made aware. Because we are not a restaurant some of the features on it we do not need and show up all the time. It would be nice if there was a version without earnings profits etc. as we do not need all of that. We are a residential housing program for persons with disabilities and other then that it works really well for us. the staff really like the freedom they have as well with the app.

5 years ago

Thanks for the review Ann. We love hearing that 7shifts has changed your life for the better and alleviated many of the scheduling headaches that you used to experience. Cheers!

Ashley
Wellness Manager in US
Supermarkets, 11–50 Employees

7Shifts Needs Ways to Search for Message Posts that Have Happened in the Past

Comments: The scheduling feature, though I do not make the work schedule, seems to work well.

Pros:

The way the schedule is laid out on the dashboard is nice and easy to see and understand.

Cons:

I need a way to know employee phone numbers when they are not scheduled. On the iPad app, I currently hover over their name (when they are scheduled) and their phone number appears. My coworker is somehow able to see all employee phone numbers regardless of when the person is scheduled, but we could not get access to that on another device. This brings me to another issue: the ability to use all of the features pan-device. It seems like some employees can get some information on some devices, but we cannot find/use every feature on every device, app or website. In the communication/messaging area, we need to be able to bold, underline, and italicize, just like in an email. We need to be able to search for messages, just like in emails.This software is very slow on every device I have used, and in multiple internet connectivity areas. Sometimes a customer is asking for a particular employee. Rather than physically walking around and searching our 4500 sq ft store and office space that's in a separate area, it would be nice to be able to check 7Shifts to see if that person is even working—alas, I can usually walk the entire floor and check three separate office spaces BEFORE the 7shifts Dashboard loads.

Rowan
Manager in US

Game-changing modernization

Comments: Overall, we have had a very good experience since making the switch over to 7shifts and would certainly recommend it to other restaurants - especially those with a large staff.

Pros:

7shifts makes it easy to communicate with the entire staff, individually or as a group. It even allows us to easily send messages to specific roles or groups within roles, such as "bartenders scheduled today" or "servers not scheduled today." It also makes it easy for staff to communicate with management and each other, and has also made the process of shift swapping/coverage easier for staff and management. Managers love that we can see all bids for a shift, and that no swap or coverage goes unapproved (which often happened in the past when we were still using a paper system for switches). It's also great when we need to add staff for a particular shift, as we can simply post an open shift for anyone in a particular role.

Cons:

I wish you could access the original version of a posted schedule (before swaps/pick-ups, etc) and see quickly who picked up a shift vs. who was originally scheduled, rather than having to go back through the activity log. Additionally, apart from the dashboard view - which is fantastic and super convenient for planning each day - the layout of the iPad app isn't great, and when there are major changes/updates to the product, it can be tricky to get used to. When there are glitches (which is pretty rare), it can be disruptive to our process of planning each shift. These aren't things you have to deal with when using a paper system, however they are minor issues in comparison to the many benefits of switching to 7shifts.

Hospitality, 2–10 Employees

7shifts A Networking Dream

Comments: Overall, 7shifts is quite easy to work with, I've only experienced some minor inconveniences with it. Otherwise, it is significantly more streamlined compared to software that my close friends have shown me that their workplaces implement.

Pros:

As a worker, I've found 7shifts fairly easy to work with. It easily allows me to see my upcoming shifts and if necessary offer them up for others to take. I have not personally used other software, but my friends have told me that they are either unable to trade shifts easily or at all! The messaging features are also quite adequate as they are simple to understand and use. They make it a breeze to contact my coworkers or employer if necessary. Finally, I believe it is a fairly recent development, but 7shifts has a logbook feature that allows for commentary about that day of work. The logbook is exceptional at sharing information with my employer and coworkers, and helps us maintain inventory and smooth daily operations.

Cons:

Its recording of my expected pay is not always 100% accurate although that's probably due to taxes. However it might be nice to implement a feature that determines what you'll make after tax. Additonally, I've had some issues trying to input my availability, where the dates will switch before I post my availability. This isn't a deal breaker but just a bit annoying to switch them back.

4 years ago

Thanks for the review! We love getting the feedback of employees that use 7shifts and we are over the moon to see the value you are getting out of the platform. Nice work!

Sherri
Tour Operations Coordinator in US
Hospitality, 11–50 Employees

7 Shifts is a critical part of my job and makes it easier

Comments: I am very impressed with how easy it is to use and all of the features it has. I makes scheduling pretty manageable. It is great for the team to use for trades and communication.

Pros:

I like how easy it is to put together the schedule for our team. team. It is great that they can use the app for communication, trades and keeping track of their schedule. They seem to like it as well and make good use of it. I cannot imagine my job without it.

Cons:

I don't like that I cannot set it to see a whole weekend on one screen. It would help so much if I could see Thursday - Sunday in one screen. I hate how the start end times cannot be set by me. They change randomly to times I need just once in a while, if I don't notice that it chose a different time it is a mess. I would like shift times set by me but a function so I can change it for on off situations.

Ann
Director of Communications and Development in US
Restaurants, 51–200 Employees

7shifts was a game changer for us!

Comments: We now have 4 restaurants/bars that utilize 7shifts and it's hard to imagine how we ever survived without it! It's streamlined our scheduling procedures and simplified the process of employees requesting off, submitting availability and swapping shifts. 7shifts customer service team is also extremely responsive and receptive any time we encounter an issue or even just want to provide our feedback on a certain feature that we think could be improved. We also now use the reporting tool for putting together high level labor tracking reports at the end of each month. Thanks, 7shifts, you're the best!

Pros:

I love that everything is in one place so you don't have to worry about forgetting that someone sent an email or text message requesting off for a 2 week vacation 6 months ago (which is the system we previously had in place!)

Cons:

I didn't like that you had to wait to enter employee raises until they were set to go into effect - although 7shifts has recently improved this feature so that you can set a specific date for an employee's new wage to begin!

5 years ago

Thanks so much for the review Ann! It means a lot to our team that 7shifts has been able to help your growing business optimize (and report on!) your processes and continue to be successful. Cheers to you!

Hannah
Assistant Manager in US

User Friendly!!!

Comments: It has been at least one thing that’s made my life a little easier over the past couple of years.

Pros:

I have enough experience to compare this system to others and I love this one. It’s always easy to read and understand. The colors and how it’s laid out always helps me remember my schedules. It also helps remind me what position I’ll be filling in or what time I may be able to leave work or just what the week is going to look like business-wise.

Cons:

At times, I don’t get all the notifications that coworkers post in different groups. They’re not typically super important posts but I like to be up-to-date.

4 years ago

Thanks for the review Hannah! We love hearing that 7shifts has made your life easier and integrates with your Toast POS.

Mitchell
Manager in Canada
Retail, 2–10 Employees

7shifts is a lifesaver and a headache preventer

Comments: So easy to use, and check in on. There clock in and clock out feature (7Punches) is incredible, and works flawlessly and seamlessly. I would be willing to say that 7Shifts not only saves me time, but at least 2 hours of work per week, which would only be more with a larger organization. Thank you 7shifts!

Pros:

I like how I can interact with my staff through the software and it makes scheudle creation a breeze for organizations of any size. The ability for my staff to book time off through the software is incredible. No more paper schedules. Not to mention customer service is incredible!! They always respond to requests within mere minutes and I've never encountered a problem they couldn't help me with!

Cons:

There are absolutely no cons. I will never have a need for any other scheduling software again.

4 years ago

Thanks for the review Mitchell! We are SO happy to hear that 7shifts has positively impacted your business in such a big way. We love hearing how specific behaviours have changed, as well as the time and money you're saving. Keep up the great work!

Mark
Leisure, Travel & Tourism, 51–200 Employees

Great scheduling application for any industry

Comments: Excellent - no issues from set up and getting our account started we have had zero issues. Communication has been good through the whole process. No issues - extremely positive!

Pros:

We have tried a few products and this is the best value for the money. We like the ability to text, message, and have the staff see all this on the mobile app. This is what staff expect these days and we think 7Shifts makes on-line scheduling and helps us keep managers time tied up constantly working schedules. We use this for our 24 hour operation and it works great for us!

Cons:

Not a problem with the software or the application, it is a problem with us since we own numerous companies our time clocks are on another system and do not integrate but could. We should really be using the scheduling application and more features from 7Shifts but that is us not the product. We should explore more integration and try to push more to 7Shifts.

3 years ago

Thank you for the amazing, detailed review Mark. We really love hearing about your experience coming onboard with 7shifts and the value it has provided your organization.

Kayla
Food & Beverage Manager in Canada
Hospitality, 51–200 Employees

Great!

Pros:

I love basically all the feature of this program. We use the event management to communicate events with three different departments, as well as restaurant specials and features. It has been user friendly for all staff and managers, the shift swap feature has been a real game changers for staff to communicate swift swaps while still keeping the manager in the loop.

Cons:

I wish we could tie into our POS system, having a unique software system it is difficult to find something that will tie in.

3 years ago

Thanks for the review Kayla!

Elizabeth
Director of Operations in US
Hospitality, 51–200 Employees

Daily recaps made easy

Pros:

With 7 shifts you not only have an easy, intuitive scheduling app that everyone can use at every level, but you also have a customizable manager log book to record the goings ons of events each day, along with POS integration!!! It's everything you need on one page. My schedule writing days are over but I still use the app to get daily recaps from all of my restaurants on the flow of service, 86'd items, sales, and employee progress. With the Manager Log book you can customize each section, add as many areas or as few as you want. We have a complete section for R&M, and another for 86'd items. Use the search function to manage and track all of those areas. Or Search an employees name for an easy way to find feedback for quarterly evalutions.

Cons:

The weather on the manager log book can be a little jankey sometimes. And the Toast POS integration took a little while to set up and the labor % aren't always correct, but otherwise it's great.

5 years ago

Thanks so much for the kind words Elizabeth! We are thrilled to hear that you are your team are finding so much value in the manager log book for your business. We can't wait to show you all the great enhancement with Engage that we will be releasing over the coming months, and look forward to your feedback. Cheers!