15 years of helping Indian businesses

About Time Doctor

Empower better performance with Time Doctor’s workday analytics that’s helped 200k+ users boost productivity by 22% on average.

Learn more about Time Doctor

Pros:

With these screenshots, it is easy to monitor and control work procedures. In comparison with alternative Softwares on the same functionalities, Time Doctor is very budget-friendly.

Cons:

Some time it automatically log out for few of the networks , or it may cause error if permissions not set properly.

Time Doctor ratings

4.5
Customer Service Software

8.5/10

Time Doctor has an overall rating of 4.5 out 5 stars based on 525 user reviews on Capterra.

Have you used Time Doctor before?

Ryan
Ryan
HR Manager (Administrator) in Pakistan
Graphic Design Software, 11–50 Employees

Best Time Tracking Software for In-House and Remote Employees

Comments: We at Fullstop360 are totally satisfied with the overall performance of Time Doctor. It is good for time-tracking, task-management, timesheets, poor time use, web & app usage, attendance, and payroll etc.

Pros:

I have given Time Doctor 10 out of 10 as I simply love it. We have been using it for more than 4 years and it has proved to be a great tool to manage the in-house and remote employees. It is pretty convenient to install and work with. It allows to track time and improve productivity. It gives your complete control over your work. The effective reporting system helps you to figure out a better use of your time. It provides browsing history, top website, and poor management of time. In the capacity of an HR Manager, I use Time Doctor to mark employee attendance. You can check time-in and time-out and total work hours of your team members. It shares employee activity by sending screenshots. I also get help in managing the payroll. There's another cool option that TD allows to manually edit time. Sometimes, people forget to start Time Doctor and then approach me to adjust their times. In all reality, you can do a lot of cool things to manage your team and work.

Cons:

The only con that I observed as a user is the 'display of activity bar'. It stays on top and sometimes becomes quite irritating. There's an option to hide it but the chances that sometimes you forget to turn Time Doctor on. Likewise, the breaktime monitor is a bit irritating. When you're busy in a though process and staring on your screen but you have not moved your mouse or touched the keyboard, Time Doctor will assume that you're gone for a break. I don't know how to fix it but it would be really cool if there's some sort of a sensor.

Oil & Energy, 1,001–5,000 Employees

Great time manager

5.0 last month New

Comments: In the development of our software operations, we have a conventional and specific production line, the program has given us a broader look at what we should improve to reduce time costs and expand production, it has been very helpful in this sense and it has been worth every peso that we approved of acquisitions.

Pros:

It is easy to use, it allows us to keep track of the time in each software development task that we need to take into account, it gives us data to be able to optimize the tasks, it has a very good development in this sense and that is why we love using it.

Cons:

Nothing, so far everything has been fine with the program, technically it has been very constant, so far we have not received delays and we have not lost any.

It used to be a good product but they now lack on product focus and don't listen to customers.

Comments: It helped our company at different stage of it's growth but unfortunately is not listening to its customers anymore

Pros:

It has a nice web backend The client made in 2017 has good UX (if only we could use it) It used to have a responsive product team (not anymore)

Cons:

- The old client UI (which is the only one that we can use) is not intuitive and buggy. Our team very often complains about this and they don't want to use it. - A key feature which is blurring the screenshots has been taken away from the new Windows and Mac client but the option to enforce it is still in their web backend. This gives the false expectation that the setting will be respected while it doesn't and this compromise the privacy and *security* of the people using this software as the screenshots can also collect passwords, private keys etc. Neal from support on October 3rd 2017 wrote: "Sorry for the delay but our developer has not finished setting up this feature yet on the new app. I will try to get more feedback on this and see if I could get at least an estimate of when it will be implemented." After more than seven months on 20th of April 2018 he says: "We don't have an ETA yet. All I know is that our development team are currently working on incorporating this feature as we have been pushing them to since this is something available on the old app." As you can see the answer was not truthful (using the word "finishing" for something that wasn't started). There was also no apology from their side and they didn't write an article warning about this bug which can compromise the security of their users and breach their T&Cs. It's a shame since this company used to care about their customers. I will change the review if they finally act on this.General Comment It helped our company at different stage of it's growth but unfortunately while growing it seems that it lost its user focus

Time Doctor Response

6 years ago

Hi We do apologize if you feel as though you are not treated the way you and your company used to be treated. While it is true that blurring of screenshot is not yet available in the new app, please do know that you can always use the older app to have this function working perfectly tailored to your needs. If you need any further assistance though, please do feel free to message us at [email protected]

Michelle
Insurance Verification Specialist in Philippines
Insurance Software, 11–50 Employees

Time Doctor Review

4.0 3 weeks ago New

Pros:

The good thing with Time Doctor is that it efficiently tracks time, mouse clicks, and keyboard clicks. It also has a screenshot feature to make sure the employee is using his/her time wisely.

Cons:

As far as and as long as I have used Time Doctor, the only issue that I know is there are times that where the time doesn't sync however, they are constantly working on it, so the issues are taken cared of right away.

Lizzie
Director of People and Projects in El Salvador
Telecommunications, 11–50 Employees

The best time tracking tool I have used so far.

Comments: It's been great! It helped us to calculate worked hours and use non-productive apps. Useful when you have people working remotely on different projects.

Pros:

I like how easily you can access your team's timeline through different reports (Excel and PDF). As well, how you can categorize the Productive or Non-Productive apps and websites so your team spends time on what it's related to their role.

Cons:

The idle time is not very accurate if it's because they are non-productive or because they are on a call. And when trying to get explanations from the Time Doctor Support Team, they don't know if a team member might be using auto-clickers to reduce their idle time or not.

Alternatives Considered: monday.com and Clockify

Reasons for Switching to Time Doctor: Because it had more features that we needed according to our projects and our business.

Regional Platforms Lead in Philippines
Telecommunications, 501–1,000 Employees

Transparent, economical, time and task tracking software for operations.

Comments: Overall a pleasant experience with TimeDoctor including the support given hy its Success Team.

Pros:

There’s just a ton of useful features - 1. Time tracking 2. Task tracking 3. URL tracking 4. Screenshots

Cons:

None as of the moment - serves it’s purpose!.

Alternatives Considered: Zendesk for Service

Reasons for Switching to Time Doctor: Friendly less complicated interface and dashboards.

Krylle
TEAM LEADER in Philippines
Consumer Services, 51–200 Employees

Best Time Tracker Ever!

Comments: Great! I never had any problem with Time Doctor so far.

Pros:

Time Doctor is the best time tracker ever. Now they have partnered with google and chrome. I can now track my time in any google apps. That is so convenient! No more wasted time. Thank you Time Doctor!

Cons:

I don't think there is. We have never encountered issue so far.

Kristofffer Lloyd
Customer Service Representative in Philippines
Outsourcing/Offshoring, 201–500 Employees

God for tracking

Comments: Everything was smooth and totally satisfied with there service.

Pros:

It was easy to use and very convenient, will be sharing to other friends

Cons:

Sometimes it crashes but it`s okay, there support always remind us every time there`s updates or maintenance.

Legal Services, 2–10 Employees

One of the best time trackers on the market

Comments: It is a perfect fit for any business that needs time tracking.

Pros:

Really easy to use. This motivates the team to often and timely record their work. The reports are easy to read and understand.

Cons:

The desktop app is sometimes difficult to install and not always working properly. Also, to have a longer history, bigger data base for the older entries.

SAROJBEN
Caregiver in US
Hospital & Health Care, 11–50 Employees

Time Doctor Review: Should you Use?

5.0 3 weeks ago New

Pros:

Time Doctor allows fulfills my time tracking needs as well as scheduling and attendance records. It is very accurate and I appreciate its compatibility with Apple and Microsoft phones and computers.

Cons:

Time Doctor does not have the customer support in case it is needed for ongoing issues. It is a great time tracker; however, problems may have to be self-diagnosed.

Design, 2–10 Employees

Good but there's a ton of room for improvement

Comments: I'm not really all that excited about the software, I think it can be so much better and I know they are working on great things so that's why I'm hanging around to see what they come up with. For the price point it isn't even that bad, just have to go through other loopholes to make it work which I look forward to not having to do.

Pros:

Easy to use & set up (somewhat), easy to add and deactivate users, great white labeling feature it integrates to some software, super accurate.. it shows reports with time tracking down to the last second. It is stealthy and screen capture at randome, it pops ups as a reminder to log back in and get to work, also when visiting a low productivity website like youtube (unless you are a tube marketing that is) it asks if you if that's the website you meant to visit and whether you want to work on it. Customer service is THE BOMB! Super patient and will go to any length to make you happy.

Cons:

Reports are not white labeled and poorly formatted so I personally cannot send those and have to create my own based onthe informtion I can get out of the site and so this also makes the whole white labeled a little pointless because I cannot format the email that go out of TD to the clients cannot format reports to be more appealing, the portal isn't too easy to navigate on the client's end and I cannot just send a bill to my clients to pay for my team's work as they review the work for themselves. Screenshots last for as long sd 6 months which I apprecite but I wish I could hit a "paid" and "archive" buttons so that if I want to revisit, I can just go into those archives but they aren't showing when I'm trying to back tracking to see what was the last project a team mate worked on. wording for creating a working schedule and shifts is a little weird to me. It no longer synchs with freshbooks or Quickbooks which are the two accounting software I use (I like to have redundancy in my business, don't judge me lol)

Rosalina
Executive Assistant/ Freelancer in Philippines
Insurance Software, 2–10 Employees

"Maximizing Your Time: A Comprehensive Guide to Using Time Doctor"

Comments: By and large, Time Specialist is a valuable instrument for organizations and people who need to successfully deal with their time more. It offers a scope of highlights to assist you with following your time, further develop efficiency, and incorporate with different instruments. Be that as it may, it's not without its restrictions, and clients ought to know about the protection concerns and possible errors in time following.

Pros:

Simple to utilize: Time Specialist is easy to understand and natural, in any event, for non-educated clients. The point of interaction is basic and clear, making it simple to explore.Numerous stages: Time Specialist upholds Windows, Macintosh, and Linux, and has versatile applications for iOS and Android gadgets, making it available across various gadgets and working frameworks.Far reaching time following: Time Specialist tracks both billable and non-billable time, so you can perceive how long you spend on various undertakings and tasks.Efficiency highlights: Time Specialist incorporates a scope of efficiency highlights, for example, the capacity to impede diverting sites and applications, inactive time location, and customary breaks updates.Incorporations: Time Specialist coordinates with a scope of different instruments, including project the executives programming, finance and invoicing programming, and specialized devices like Leeway and Skype.

Cons:

Restricted free arrangement: Time Specialist offers a 14-day free preliminary, however from that point onward, you'll have to pay for a membership to keep utilizing the product. The free arrangement is restricted to just a single client and offers fundamental elements.Security concerns: A few clients have raised protection worries no time like the present Specialist, as it tracks not just the time spent on business related errands yet in addition the URLs and titles of the sites visited during that time.Restricted customization: While Time Specialist offers a scope of highlights, there is restricted extension for customization past what is accessible in the settings.Announcing restrictions: While Time Specialist offers nitty gritty reports, a few clients have found the detailing capacities restricted contrasted with other time following devices.Erroneous time following: A few clients have revealed mistakes in time following, especially with respect to following inactive time and movement on non-PC gadgets

Eric
Eric
Data Analyst in Kenya
Information Technology & Services, 51–200 Employees

Time Doctor review

Comments: Time Doctor has significantly improved my time management, task organization, and overall productivity as a data analyst. While there may be minor resource usage concerns at times, the benefits of using Time Doctor far outweigh any occasional inconveniences

Pros:

As a data analyst, what I liked most about Time Doctor was its exceptional online time-tracking feature. It offered precise and real-time tracking of my work hours, which is crucial for accurately recording billable hours and ensuring that every minute spent on data analysis tasks is accounted for. This feature not only helped me stay accountable but also improved my overall time management and productivity.

Cons:

One aspect of Time Doctor that I found slightly less favorable was its occasional use of system resources, which could lead to minor slowdowns on my computer. While this didn't significantly impact my work, I noticed that at times, especially during resource-intensive data analysis tasks, Time Doctor's presence in the background could be slightly resource-heavy.

Melissa
Customer Support Supervisor in Philippines
Pharmaceuticals, 11–50 Employees

Time Doctor - Best for everything!

Comments: The best assistance, not solely in monitoring your team but making sure you have figured out important aspects in efficient management of your team and the responsibilities which need to be taken care of.

Pros:

The product has been the easiest I've used. I have been using other time tracking programs before but Time Doctor has by far the easiest integration and set up. It also gives me a clearer understanding of what's happening with my team, what tasks are we spending more time on and helps me manage the team responsibilities and task assignments to make sure everyone has the right balance of everything.

Cons:

I think we have encountered a couple of bugs before, like TD stopping on it's own (already fixed), and if I would suggest anything is the automatic update whenever there is one. Apparently, we would have to uninstall and reinstall the app every now and then to the latest version, this would mean that before we find out, our TD has actually stopped recording until we update to the newer version.

Alicia
Alicia
CEO in US
Law Practice, 2–10 Employees

Great for tracking remote employees

Comments: I moved to a remote workforce (even before the pandemic!) and TimeDoctor helps me do that with peace of mind by allowing for supervision.

Pros:

Time Doctor allows me to make sure my employees are working and billing their time without me being a nag. It has time clocks, screen captures, and reports, so I can see what they are doing any time I want, without them being aware of when I am watching so that I don't interrupt them or make them anxious. It also helps catch billable time and improve time wasting habits.

Cons:

They advertise that they work with payroll. But the software is not compliant legally with U.S. employment law (I am an employment lawyer so I am strongly aware of this). It is focused more on independent contractors, but most companies should be using this for employees instead of contractors. For employees, you will still need to have a separate time clock and use a good payroll company. So the clocking can be redundant and may annoy your employees.

Konstantyn
Lead Developer in Russia
Information Services, 2–10 Employees

Great tool with minor issues.

Comments: Last year TimeDoctor has an issue which is not going to be fixed. The counter is being looped over certain time, and thus the time is being lost. The issues happens 1-2 times per month and usually it can be caught. The bug is clearly seen when you compare your web $ app usage report per day with your timesheet.
The problem is that I have reported them several about this issue, sent them my cache files several times too, and they did nothing about that. They did nothing about that for more than half of the year. Now I met the issue again, they have all the data in their servers (web&app usage report), but they once again ask me for my cache files. Like it is the first time they see the issue.
Also note that their TimeDoctor Lite application consumes a lot of CPU time (20-30% of Core i5 4th gen), but you can install Pro version which is free. Otherwise the tool is great, easy to use, with a lot of detailed reports.

Pros:

It has all required features, and UX is very good. Everything is clear from min 1.

Cons:

They have bugs which are not going to be fixed. And their support never tells you that. Asks for your Cache files, more details etc., but not fixing the issue.

Cássia Aparecida
Gestora in Brazil
Facilities Services, 2–10 Employees

Best team management and productivity software!

Comments: I recently started providing home-office customer service for a large company, and that's how I got to know Time Doctor our work and give us assertive feedback on our performance and how we can improve it, in addition to time management through reports and analysis, the software also captures and records our activities throughout the day, including visited websites and applications used and this ensures that we have more commitment and less time wasted.

Pros:

As a Time Doctor user, I like the way the software helps improve and manage time spent on tasks and projects. And that undoubtedly helped me to grow as a professional and increased the efficiency of our team, as it helped our manager to analyze and organize our work, ensuring time optimization and quality of work.

Cons:

I have nothing negative to say about the program, as it has always met my needs perfectly.

Sajal
Partner in India
Information Technology & Services, 11–50 Employees

Just what you need for Team Tracking!

Comments: We took the subscription of Time Doctor at the time of the Pandemic when we were fighting hard to track our team. Time Doctor proved a boon at that time and we didn't stop using it after that. We used it with a few clients who had an hourly agreement with us and the clients were totally at ease with the reports that we shared with them and with the option that they could also ask for screenshots. We couldn't find a single bug in the software in the two years of our subscription.

Pros:

We had been using this software for close to 2 years and we love how simplistic the UI and UX is. It's not hard to find anything at all and it's a breeze to use. The best part is the screenshots functionality. Working remotely at the time of Covid, it was such a blessing to use Time Doctor to monitor and track our team. The clients were also at ease knowing that their projects were being worked on without any delays or hiccups!

Cons:

There was nothing much to dislike about this software. I just wished it was more affordable for a small team.

Chad
SEO Specialist in US
Marketing & Advertising, 11–50 Employees

Keeping Track with Time Doctor

Comments: Overall, very satisfied with Time Doctor. It's fairly simple to use, accurate, and fulfills my needs.

Pros:

What I like most about Time Doctor is that it allows me to easily and accurately record the amount of time I'm working on a certain project or task. It allows me to show my clients how much time I was working on and how long each task took. I like that it also gives me a warning when I veer to a less-than productive site.

Cons:

Don't really have any complaints. The only thing that I would like to be better handled is the dashboard where time is viewed. The issue I have is that I'm occasionally responsible for reviewing subordinate work flows and I feel that it's somewhat difficult to view their profiles as easy it is for myself. I'm sure there's an easier way to do this, but I havent found it yet.

Education Management, 51–200 Employees

A potent tool for time tracking for independent contractors

Comments: As an independent contractor, it is important that I keep a track of my time spent on my tasks and projects. Time Doctor allows me to do that efficiently. The wee app that it comes with is useful once you get the hang of it. The good thing is that even if you cancel the wee bar, you still have the tracking running which is great. A couple of gripes - it keeps reminding you if you are back at work if you have paused the tracking - that is a bit annoying. And second gripe is regarding the random screenshots that can capture personal information. There should be a way in which these screenshots can be blurred. Other than that, an efficient software that I use frequently.

Pros:

Automatic startup with windows Ability to segregate tasks and projects Ability to pause the task when taking a break

Cons:

The screenshots are taken randomly which is a breach of privacy if you were on a window that has a personal email open. Whoever is the administrator that sees your screenshots taken by the system will also be able to see your personal information. One has to be rather careful when using TimeDoctor that no personal window or task is open so as to not share that info in a random screenshot.

Ruslan
Ruslan
Founder in Russia
Internet, 2–10 Employees

Must-have for managing remote developers and freelancers

Comments: I'm using TimeDoctor for about 6 years across 3 different companies/teams, to manage remote workers. It helps me to track productivity, better estimate certain tasks in the future, and to quickly see when a person is not well-motivated.

Pros:

1. It provides the abilities to track time in a really simple way. 2. It provides native applications for all major desktop OS (MacOS, Windows and Linux). 3. It provides the screenshots feature sometimes can really help to understand what's going on. 4. There's a really helpful team behind the product.

Cons:

1. They removed GitHub integration. 2. Long and not-seamless sync of tasks with a remote system (I expect such things to work much faster and in background mode) 3. Our Linux developers sometimes experience issues with the app.

Cherry
Admin in Philippines
Cosmetics, 11–50 Employees

Time Doctor Feedback

Comments: Good thing about Time Doctor is that, we can easily monitor how many hours our members spent within that specific task and project, for desktop and laptop users, we can identify if the sites and links they opened were really useful for the company.

Pros:

What I like most about Time Doctor is that we can easily monitor the work of our team members and the task that they are currently working on

Cons:

The least of this app is that, we can't view in terms of mobile and manual time of the team members. We can't identify if the time they are consuming are really used for work since there are no links and sites provided by the said app but only the time they used for work.

Design, Self Employed

Spent a lot of time researching - Time Doctor won out

Comments: After using my own spreadsheet to record my time use for some years, it became cumbersome and there were the inevitable "holes" in my tracking. After researching and using various software packages to track my time I settled on Time Doctor primarily for its ease of use. After using Time Doctor for a number of years I am very satisfied with my choice. Not only does it accurately track my time use but it also helps me to stay "on target" but I'm also able to quote my projects more confidently knowing how long my projects actually take. The entry of tasks is quick and easy; the breakdown of tasks in various reports is also a great benefit.

Pros:

Ease of use, timely reminders, concise reports

Cons:

Can't think of anything; my overall experience has been very positive and wish more software was as easy to use and as reliable.

Anik
Virtual Assistant in UK
Events Services, Self Employed

Easy and Efficient Software

Comments: My overall experience with Time Doctor has been great, easy to set up, easy to use and the customer support is great. You do not have to wait long for your query to be resolved. I always recommend Time Doctor for anyone who is looking for time tracking software.

Pros:

I like flexibility it offers with managing multiple clients. I like how easy it is to set up and use.

Cons:

The new time doctor and classic time doctor confuses me. I have nearly lost my account before logging into the wrong one and trying to set up a new account as I didn't realise i was on the wrong version. Very confusing.

Kathleen
Freelance writer in US
Writing & Editing, Self Employed

Love how it keeps me accountable

Comments: I've been using Time Doctor for tracking my time for several years. I love how easy it is to use and how it hold you to account if it thinks you've changed focus. If I stop working on my project to take a phone call, it recognizes that I am no longer working on my computer. After my preset time has passed, Time Doctor pops up on my screen and asks, "Are you still working on X Project?" If the phone call is related to the project, I can say yes and include it in my time. If it is not, I can say no and Time Doctor will pause the timer for the project I was working on. The same is true if I am naughty and visit Facebook without pausing my timer.

Pros:

It's intuitive function and how it knows to pause the timer if I quit working on a project.

Cons:

The way it associates tasks and projects is a bit confusing at first.