15 years of helping Indian businesses

About Zoho Invoice

Zoho Invoice is a 100% free cloud invoicing solution designed to help small businesses with invoicing, expenses & online payments.

Learn more about Zoho Invoice

Pros:

I have been using Zoho since the inception of my organization. The customer care is exceptional and they are always ready to assist you.

Cons:

I will update if any further problems come along, but not so far.

Zoho Invoice ratings

4.7
Customer Service Software
4.6
4.6
4.7

9.1/10

Zoho Invoice has an overall rating of 4.7 out 5 stars based on 707 user reviews on Capterra.

Have you used Zoho Invoice before?

Bernard
Bernard
Principal Consultant in South Africa
Real Estate, 2–10 Employees

Zoho Invoice for Small Business Needs

5.0 2 months ago New

Comments: So far so good! Awesome features for any small business.

Pros:

Our invoicing needs are met without high costs. The scheduled and repeat invoice system is perfect for our business.

Cons:

In the free version, you are unable to use multiple currencies. Unfortunately, for that feature, Zoho requires an upgrade, which is understandable.

Alternatives Considered: QuickBooks Online

Nomsa
CUSTOMER ASSISTANT in South Africa
Consumer Services, Self Employed

Saved my small business time and money.

Comments: Great ,cut down cost for me and helped me run my small business smoothly.

Pros:

Invoicing and the different templates you can choose from it is also very easy to use,.

Cons:

I would really appreciate the summary of sales receipts just like that of invoices.

Alternatives Considered: Just Billing and eHopper

Reasons for Choosing Zoho Invoice: I can use my country settings. It is fairly easy to edit invoices and I can keep them in my drafts. I could add my company logo which makes my invoices look professional and reliable.

Switched From: Just Billing

Reasons for Switching to Zoho Invoice: Value for money, ease of use. Easy setup.

Siraj
General Manager in Iraq
Environmental Services, 2–10 Employees

Atmosphere Company

5.0 2 months ago New

Comments: We are new but we are satisfied in the using Zoho.

Pros:

Easy to use when we prepare an invoice for the client

Cons:

different format and template needed to use when we prepare an invoice for the client

Resha
Book keeper in US
Accounting Software, Self Employed

Great for invoice

3.0 last month New

Pros:

Awesome invoice tracking system and easy to use

Cons:

Well is very user friendly but some little tweaks will make it better

Harry
Harry
CEO in Sint Maarten
Consumer Electronics, 2–10 Employees

Easy to navigate and use even if you do not have an accounting background

Pros:

It tracks everything for you. Auto updates online paid invoices, lets you see at a glance unpaid invoices and how long since they have been pending. Has mobile apps also which work great.

Cons:

Can't really complain about anything. Have enjoyed using the product.

Alternatives Considered: QuickBooks Online and Xero

Reasons for Switching to Zoho Invoice: Better pricing, easier implementation for small business.

Melody
Business Owner in Mauritius
Education Management, Self Employed

Zoho Invoice

5.0 4 weeks ago New

Comments: Excellent - I rate this product very highly

Pros:

Easy to use, I am not an accountant nor have I ever understood accountancy however the proccess is easy to understand and get started immediately.

Cons:

Nothing about Zoho is difficult to understand.

Steve
Carpenter in UK
Construction software, Self Employed

Its so user friendly

5.0 last month New

Comments: Its by far the best option for your old or new, big or small company

Pros:

Its an app as well as pc access and its completely free!!

Cons:

I haven't found anything yet, but if I do I'll let you know

Mihaela
Affiliate marketing manager in Romania
Management Consulting, Self Employed

Great for small business invoicing

5.0 2 weeks ago New

Comments: I needed a simple invoicing solution, compared and tried a couple of tools, and ended up with Zoho, which seems the best for my needs.

Pros:

Ease of use, free version, templates easy to customize

Cons:

No cons encountered while using it, during the past 6 month.

Andrei
Branch Manager in UK
Accounting Software, 11–50 Employees

Zoho Invoice

5.0 2 weeks ago New

Comments: Is a great invoice system, is free and easy to use. Reporting is easy and the mobile app makes this app one of the best I ever used.

Pros:

Zoho Invoice is a great app, fist of all is free to use and has some fine invoice template to use if you don't have any of your own. Creating invoice is very fast and manage them is also easy. It has a nice UI and intuitive design which makes it easy to use.

Cons:

In past i had some slow loading times, but happened long time ago.

Timothy
Timothy
Web Designer SEO in Australia
Internet, Self Employed

Best Invoicing Software Out There

5.0 3 weeks ago New

Pros:

ease of use free automation inexpensive Fast

Cons:

I couldn't find any negatives about the software

Soorya
Founder in US
E-Learning, 11–50 Employees

Complete end to end invoicing solution for SMBs

Comments: Very satisfied and extremely happy customer of Zoho Invoice. Makes most of the "headache" piece of work in finance really easy and smooth by automating recurring tasks.

Pros:

Zoho Invoice has long been an dependable tool for all our internal billing and invoicing needs. Ability to choose templates, customize design, adding categories and much more, makes it an integral part of our day to day business. The product has extensive features like dashboard, estimates, payments, recurring payments etc which can serve very well to any startup, SMB or enterprise. The product has strong UI/UX and the simplicity to use does not require any additional training or hand-holding, its just amazing how fast our new resources pick it up from day 1 We have used Zoho Invoice from our starting days and we have grown stronger together over all these years

Cons:

As a founder-led company, I wish there was a feature to group multiple invoices into one and create a invoice group list, some customers expect us to submit multiple invoices in batches.

Sergio
Marketing Consultant in UK
Marketing & Advertising, 2–10 Employees

Free but far better than most paid platforms!

Pros:

Its free to use about 90% of the features it offers which I think says it all really - Most credible competitors at a similar level charge a good amount of your hard earned cash for a similar product and often times doesn't even provide half the features Zoho invoices provides you. A fantastic invoicing system for small business owners and sole traders out there - especially those who have only recently launched their business!

Cons:

As an invoice creation software its top level and surprisingly free! However, it is limited by the number of users (or employees) you can add onto it - which wouldn't be so much of an issue if I dealt with employees - but dealing with freelancers and contractors means that it makes communication slightly more complex as the software is clearly orientated towards businesses with established employees - and small businesses at that! Also - one thing that really bugs me, is quite literally a software bug that seems to be happening more and more often on my iOS devices. This being, that whenever I update an invoice, either on my iPad or iPhone - it doesn't seem to update in real time on other devices and vice-versa! In fact, some of the time, it doesn't appear at all! Not sure why this is the case but makes for a good game of 'Finding Wally' when you are almost certain that you sent that invoice when you were on your iPad earlier in the week.

Alternatives Considered: Invoice2go and Invoice Ninja

Reasons for Switching to Zoho Invoice: It was free while others charged you a good amount of money for the same features and service Zoho offered completely free of charge. It was a no brainer for me on this end.

Sara
Sara
Human Resources Generalist in US
Hospital & Health Care, 5,001–10,000 Employees

Excellent billing tool with good price and support

Comments: The fact that all the greatest and most helpful products can be found in a single location is the standout feature of the Zoho offering. It helps us save both time and money while also making our job easier and more pleasant.

Pros:

This application makes it possible to collaborate on projects without the risk of confidential data being compromised, which makes it the ideal tool for my company's small business. This is a service that earns five stars from me.

Cons:

It is a significant drawback and adds a lot of extra work for me to have to pay for each person after I have already signed up. I constantly get stopped while paying, and the procedure is a little bit sluggish. It has a sensation of danger.

Eric
Attorney in US
Law Practice, 2–10 Employees

Excellent Invoicing and Expense Tracking Tool

Comments: Excellent experience. For invoicing and expense tracking, this is a great product.

Pros:

Hands down, the feature I liked best about Zoho Invoice was its ease of use. I place a lot of emphasis on this aspect of software. If software is difficult to learn, or it is not pleasing to use, then why bother. With Zoho Invoice, I was up and running in less than an hour. Like all of Zoho's software, the user interface is pleasant and makes sense. The product is also stable. No glitches, hiccups, or bugs.

Cons:

Not so much a "dislike" as I simply needed software that did more than just invoicing and expense tracking, which is what Zoho Invoice does really well.

4 years ago

Hi Eric, Thank you so much for leaving us a terrific review! We are humbled :) Ease of use has always been at the heart of everything we do at Zoho Invoice, and we're glad to know you like it! Feel free to share your feedback to support[at]zohoinvoice[dot]com anytime. Cheers, Harikrishna The Zoho Invoice Team

Stuart
General Manager in UK
Banking, 201–500 Employees

Invoicing through Zoho

Comments: Very easy to use a good product, looks very professional once set up.

Pros:

Very easy to use and set up customised templates, that look very professional. Easy to track and follow invoice payments, and easy to duplicate invoices.

Cons:

Not so easy to add payments that require tax held back, such as in Asia. Once you get used to it it is possible but takes time to learn.

Alternatives Considered: Invoicely

Reasons for Choosing Zoho Invoice: Looks much more professional and templates are much better, lots more functionality.

Switched From: Google Sheets

Reasons for Switching to Zoho Invoice: Looked a better platform and like the CRM system that integrates.

Abhishek
Abhishek
VP Strategy and Business in India
Information Technology & Services, 51–200 Employees

Most User Friendly and Cost effective Billing Software

Comments: This is truly the best online billing tool available for SMEs and Startups. I have scaled from a few invoices per month to hundreds of invoices. Also, we keep getting constant updates from the Zoho team. The recent theme update is simply awesome. I can use my brand color for my invoice tool.

Pros:

I personally love the template feature for invoices. Being an enterprise software we have several demands of getting Invoices in a specific formats. It is easy to have multiple formats for multiple customers. The Approval mechanism ensures we are sending correct invoices.

Cons:

Billing for Projects is only on per hourly basis. It would be better if it supports per month, per day conventions also.

Alternatives Considered: QuickBooks Online

Reasons for Switching to Zoho Invoice: Ease to use and fits all my requirements at a minimal cost.

Susan
Tech Whisperer in US
Information Technology & Services, Self Employed

Zoho Invoices: Just when I thought things couldn't be better or easier.

Comments: Efficient way to track my time and create an invoice for each client. Time (and therefore money) does not fall through the cracks.

Pros:

Logging my time and being able to send my clients a detailed invoice (that I can customize) is critical to me. The fact that my client can opt to have a portal to see invoices, payments, etc. is icing on the cake!

Cons:

Because invoicing is my business Achilles Heel, I would like it even better if I could create a recurring (monthly) invoice for my clients so I don't have to remember to do it. It is just there. Recurring billing right now is only for a fixed amount and I cannot add billable hours to it. However, the PROS definitely outweigh the CONS.

Latrese
CEO in US
Legal Services, 2–10 Employees

Excellence

Comments: I am satisfied with the Zoho Invoice overall.

Pros:

I love the payment processing. The security for processing online payments is excellent.

Cons:

That it takes 24- 48 hours to get the payment processed through Stripe or Paypal.

Alternatives Considered: FreshBooks, NetSuite and Xero

Reasons for Choosing Zoho Invoice: Because I was not satisfied with the security of their online payments. I was defrauded multiple times over the years using Quickbook.

Switched From: QuickBooks Online

Reasons for Switching to Zoho Invoice: The 14 day trial period made me like the easy of it and the I seen the payment security.

Information Technology & Services, 2–10 Employees

My Go For Invoicing platform

Comments: It was hilarious at first, i was searching for an app to generate invoice when i am outside i came across zoho invoice gave it a try first try was funny as the functions didn't made any sense at first but soon after an hour so it felt like this application is really thought through when crafting, i quickly set it as my next go-to invoicing app on desktop and mobile and on the cloud, thanks you zoho for this wonderful service.

Pros:

Everything from custom payment gateway integration to single click invoice genration, the best feature would be the inventory mangement and product catalogue making it easier to create invoice by typing the product name only everything will be fetched from the catalogue even the discounts and taxes are perfectly fine tuned with the invoice template. Started using as an On-The-Go invoice genrator and fell in love after generating first invoice.

Cons:

The mail customizability the mail sent to payee is non-customizable(atleast for me) i want it to reflect offline payment instructions as well for some customers having no mode online payments that's the only drawback i found while using zoho invoice apart from this everything works perfectly fine.

3 years ago

Hi there, Thank you so much for leaving such a wonderful review for Zoho Invoice! We're glad to learn your journey with us so far, and we hope to serve you more in the coming years. With regards to the email that goes to your customers, you do have the option to customize it completely to match your brand. If you need any help setting it up, just drop an email to support[at]zohoinvoice[dot]com Regards, Harikrishna

Dale
Dale
Principal and Owner in US

I just switched from the "improved" FreshBooks to Zoho Invoice.

Comments: It meets most of my invoicing and time tracking needs, and at an over 50% reduction in monthly costs.

Pros:

My small consulting firm has used Freshbooks for a couple of years. Recently they "upgraded" their product and I lost very basic functionality that I relied on day-to-day. While not perfect, Zoho Invoice provides most of that functionality and at an over 50% drop in price. I really like the previous FreshBooks solution, and would have eagerly embraced the new, but you cannot release a new version that supports so much less functionality that the last. OK, off that soap box. Zoho Invoice so far seems easy to use, with a few caveats I will spell out in the next section. The customization is great (almost, but not quite, to a fault). Some of what I consider basic functions for a consulting environment are available. Including the expense receipt images on the PDF invoice (HELLO FRESHBOOKS!!!) are very simple.

Cons:

Three things. But keep in mind that even with these three things I find Zoho Invoice better suited to my needs over my current solution; Provide the option to include the expense date on the invoice!!!!! This is very basic and very needed. I see from reviews that people have been asking for this for several years. Provide a field for expense vendor. Sure I can setup a custom field, but when you get to the invoice you cannot access custom fields at the detail level. Provider the option to include the expense author on the invoice. I usually have two to three of us on an engagement all entering expenses for travel, lodging, meals, etc. By including the author, the client can easily see from whom the expense is coming from. To get around these shortcomings, I have my group enter expenses in a very specific way that includes these information in the notes field. Not optimal, but still works.

Shannon
Shannon
Lead Consultant in US
Public Relations & Communications, Self Employed

I love Zoho Invoice!

Comments: As an independent communications consultant & freelancer, Zoho Invoice has been perfect for my needs.

Pros:

When I started consulting/freelancing, I used to track my time in Excel and create invoices in Microsoft Word. It was so time-consuming and didn't look professional at all! I was thrilled to find Zoho Invoice's free version and have been using it for the past couple of years now. It saves me so much time, has built-in time tracking connected to your client/customer projects and tasks which then automatically populate invoices for you, and creates really nice, professional-looking invoices. While getting the software setup initially, I did need to ask customer service for help a few times, and while it sometimes took a day or two for them to respond, that is pretty typical even for some paid software and they were always able to help solve my issue!

Cons:

For a free product, I truly can't complain about anything!

Julieann
Office Manager in US
Construction software, 2–10 Employees

Don't Let the Name Fool You

Comments: Love it. So economical and packed with features. Love Zoho

Pros:

Even though Zoho Invoice creates and processes invoices (which is our only main use) it has many other features such as time tracking, estimates, and expenses. Simple software but, at the same time, not so simple that it does not fit our needs perfectly. Not to mention also, the suite of Zoho business solutions. They have thought of everything a business needs

Cons:

I really cannot think of anything that I do not like about this program.

Alternatives Considered: Jotform and QuickBooks Online

Reasons for Choosing Zoho Invoice: I discovered first the Zoho suite of business solutions (which I use many of) and found invoicing. It is easier to use and it (obviously) works perfectly with all other Zoho business solutions

Harshad
Harshad
Web Designer in India
Information Technology & Services, Self Employed

Invoicing in Your Hand

Comments: A Perfect Billing/Invoicing Solution For Startup & Mid Range Business.
Daily I Use This Application For Billing.
I Can Manage All My Cusotmers Billing & Payment Details on My Mobile.

Pros:

Main feature is software is cloud baised, so you can access it anywhere like mobile, tablet, desktop and laptop. You can generate invoice for your customers in just 10-15 second that is bigest advantage of this application and they also provide free version with limited access so anyone check its features and then can buy.

Cons:

i dont find any issue with this application, only new user will takes some time to understand its functionality.

5 years ago

Hello Harshad, Thanks a ton for the review! We feel excited to know that you are able to handle invoicing on the go using Zoho Invoice. Since we are now gathering feedback from users regarding their invoicing experience using the mobile app, feel free to drop an email to [email protected] with the details of the app you use (Android/iOS). We look forward to hear from you! Regards, Harikrishna

Andries
Andries
Car services in South Africa
Automotive, Self Employed

Zoho for small businesses

Comments: I used to use my own Excel sheet and created an invoice system that kind of work, however, was never professional. It took forever to do an invoice, Saving the client's invoices in a folder and retrieving it was cumbersome. This made me hate the invoice part and sometimes I would just tell people the cost with no invoice. Having to retype all the vehicle's details every time they come back for a car service was just painful!Now, it is almost the highlight of my job! I LOVE it! I show everybody the software and tell them it was the best thing ever! My client's details remain in the system. The history is there, and the look is so professional I think I even got more customers coming to me because the invoices of my old clients show them I care about the look of my company.

Pros:

I am extremely grateful that the invoice part is free. I am an extremely small business that cannot afford any kind of software. Using Zoho has inspired me to carry on working hard at my business to grow in order for me to expand my use of Zoho as my business grows.

Cons:

Absolutely fantastic software and I love it! The two restrictions are that I can only put in 3 "preferences" in my client details and I cannot WhatsApp an invoice. But other than that it is wonderful!

Alejandro
Media director in US
Religious Institutions, 11–50 Employees

Perfect for a small company

Comments: With a low cost, I can manage my operations, sales and inventory. All in every device.

Pros:

This is exactly what I was searching for. An app to do quotes, invoices, inventory, costs. All link together, on the cloud, on every device I have. I use this on the go, in my iPad. I use this on my office with the browser app. All link together. Also you get to manage sales people. I can check who send the quote. My dashboard tells me of accounts that have not paid, and the projected sales for the month. Literally I cannot imagine my operations without it. Easy to set up! logo and also very easy to customize to spanish.

Cons:

Probably the lack of customer support. Being a huge company Zoho lacks of easy to find customer support/knowledge, so it is difficult to learn more about what to do with some options on the app.

7 years ago

Hi Alejandro, Thank you for reviewing us. Zoho Invoice provides 24*5 email, chat and call support. We also have user guide, forums and blogs to help our customers find what they are looking for. You can always send a mail to [email protected], we would be more than happy to help you.