15 years of helping Indian businesses

About Mention

Social listening is only the first step. Mention helps to manage social media publishing to build stronger communities online.

Learn more about Mention

Pros:

Not Available

Cons:

Not Available

Mention ratings

4.7
Customer Service Software
4.7
4.5
4.5

8.8/10

Mention has an overall rating of 4.7 out 5 stars based on 289 user reviews on Capterra.

Have you used Mention before?

Aaron
Aaron
Director of Marketing in US
Transportation/Trucking/Railroad, 51–200 Employees

Excellent and Inexpensive Social Listening Tool

Pros:

I started using Mention many years ago now and bring it with me to whatever new company I work for. I have found them to be an excellent social listening tool that has help me track and respond to numerous positive and negative comments/reactions online for the companies that I've worked for. I personally only use Mention for listening and have never dove deeply into any of the other features they offer. As for pricing - really they can't be beat. If you are looking for a low cost, quality listening tool, then Mention is going to be a perfect fit for you.

Cons:

I really don't have anything negative to say about Mention - I can not comment on how good their other features/tools are, but the primary feature I purchased the software subscription for works great. I suppose I could complain that some channels are locked behind high tier paywalls, but I understand that is just how businesses are run/what they need to do to make revenue.

Ashwaq
Digital Director in Saudi Arabia
Public Relations & Communications, 51–200 Employees

So far the best tool and it has been with me since 2015!

Comments: The most successful tool which has enhanced our offerings as an agency for online news and mentions across all private and public companies and governmental entities who usually use heavy tools like Sprinklr, Lucidiya, meltwater etc.

Pros:

The software is on-spot, easy to use and accessible by the clients as well which spares us lots of reporting time. The alerts is another merit where we're alerted upon any increase in mentions. The customer care team and the account managers are super keen to develop the tool and we're a living example where it has showed amazing development in tracking arabic keywords and constantly working on sentiment analysis. The tool has an influencer identifying function as well which helps most of the times

Cons:

The only thing is modifying reports to a certain hour not date only.

Internet, 51–200 Employees

Not the best ratio of value for money

Comments: Mention is mostly useful as a PR watch and web listening tool, even if we can appreciate the fact that it's not only this. Product direction is obviously trying to take Mention to the next level with a broader usage of the social media management and analytics capacities, and while they are not there yet, it's still full of promise.

Pros:

The scope of channels you can "listen to" is pretty impressive, sometimes even too much with a lot of noise and things you don't really care about. If the filtering options can be better to get rid more easily of this noise, the rest of the tool is pretty easy to use and straightforward, especially when it comes to the additional functionalities that are analytics or social media management. The influencers search tool is quite accurate and useful.

Cons:

The free version is way too limited, only focused on web listening functions, whereas the paid version is quite expansive considering the multiple weaknesses of the different tools. Analytics are good but not that good, social media poster is okay but some other products do it better, and so on.

Kristi
Marketing & PR Manager in US
Hospital & Health Care, 201–500 Employees

Mention gets all the mentions

Comments: Back in the day, we’d monitor news with Google Alerts which was obviously a terrible idea. Mention picks up stuff lightning fast and it’s incredibly affordable if you're on a budget and looking to get in to more serious media monitoring. I can’t recommend Mention enough as a user-friendly, cost-effective, thorough solution. It also offers more advanced options for when your budget or need increases.

Pros:

It’s a cost-effective, in-depth monitoring solution.

Cons:

I wish more features were available to base plans, even on an a la carte basis.

Abigail
Abigail
Founder in Kenya

Great for social media monitoring and measuring social sentiment

Comments: It helped monitor competitor mentions, my brand's mentions and most importantly it helped gauge how people felt about my brand, whether positive, negative or neutral.

Pros:

I originally signed up for mention to measure the social sentiment of one of the brands I managed. My first choice was Hootsuite but the form wasn't loading so I decided to try Mention. Best decision I ever made! After signing up and setting up keywords to measure, alerts and dashboards, I forgot about Mention because it wasn't giving me info on past activity, I got an email from Account Executive at Mention and we scheduled a 15 minutes call to walk me through mention and answer my questions. The call helped me understand how to use mention, It also explained why the social sentiment dashboard wasn't showing much info. Mention doesn't show past data only data from when the account is set up. I liked the email alerts on competitors social media mentions, I wanted to know who was mentioning my competitors and why, and if they were journalists, I could use Hunter and Clearbit to get their emails so I could send them a pitch. I think the pros of Mention are: Good support from the Mention team, simple interface that is easy to use and resources such as webinars to make the most of the software, email alerts on competitors mention on social media, blogs, forums etc. And of course the simple social sentiment dashboard.

Cons:

The brand I used Mention on was a small brand with little activity, and most social media interactions were in the past after we ran a campaign. Which didn't help much because Mention only showed data collected after setting up. I wish I could get sentiment from past activity so I can measure how my brand was viewed then and now.

Julieta
Brand Manager in Bulgaria
Information Technology & Services, 51–200 Employees

Our Go-To Brand Social Listening Tool

Pros:

It's important for us to never leave a conversation hanging, and Mention helps us achieve that. It is also a whole lot easier to follow customer reviews and comparison articles, securing another vital stream of feedback.

Cons:

Based on our usage, we are happy with Mention overall.

Jitendra
Jitendra
freelance writer and blogger in India
Writing & Editing, 51–200 Employees

A social listening, monitoring and management tools

Comments: As for now I am quite fine with the experience and with some more efforts the tool can deliver even better experience.

Pros:

Mention helps me to narrow down my social listening to specific topic, brand or issue. It helps me understand the best topics to write about to gain maximum social media traction and build a curiosity among the targeted audiences. Besides, I can also monitor the brand conversations of my clients to understand what people think about their products or how do they rate their business. Acting on this information I can prepare a content strategy that further boosts people's interests in my clients' brand and business.

Cons:

The tool can create even more value for the users by strategically combining some instant features to speed up the content creation, like free stock images, links to authority websites related to specific topics and an easy access to key excerpts from the notable personalities like subject experts, entrepreneurs, etc.

Developer | Evangelist in France
Computer Software, 1,001–5,000 Employees

Great to monitor your brand

Pros:

I like a lot the fact you can easily monitor everything about your brand on social medias, web sites, ... And also easily filter out what you don't want (the noise). For example, I'm not interested in the job offers related to my software. Excluding a website or a given term from the alerts is super easy and efficient.

Cons:

Nothing really. The website and its mobile version are easy to use. The email I'm getting every day is perfect.

Umang
Umang
Chief Operating Officer in Nepal
, 11–50 Employees

Most easiest way to track your brand keywords

Pros:

When you are managing various brands in social media one of the major or first thing you have to do is to get register with Mentions. Mentions is the tool by which you are able to track any keywords that are being type in social platforms. This way you can track if it is positive, negative or neutral comments.

Cons:

I have subscribed to email reporting but this software email reporting is not up to mark is the least like of this software.

Ben
Ben
Director of Client Facing Experience & Analytics
Financial Services Software, 1,001–5,000 Employees

Great Product, Great Price!

Comments: HomeBridge Financial Services, Inc. is a financial company that wanted a better way to monitor our brand mentions across the web. With Mention, we found an easy to use product that would allow us to monitor our brand across the entire web (not just social sites that limit many other popular products). We're now able to identify and react all types of posts; significantly improving our engagement success. This also helps improve our customer service, by allowing us to quickly respond and alleviate customers that may need assistance. I highly recommend this product to anyone looking to get a hold of their brand reputation. I'll be looking for this review post in my mention feed too :)

Pros:

thorough, intuitive, great UI, allows multiple users and triage of assignments, detects all types of websites (not just social sites), good price, great customer service (but I rarely, if ever, need it), has an API and integrates with Zendesk amongst other systems,

Cons:

doesn't archive mention data (eg if someone removes a post, the content is lost), doesn't show direct message content

Coy
CEO in US

Okay Monitoring Service, But Buyer Beware - No Option to Cancel

Comments: Most poor reviews come from disgruntled clients who proceed to trash the company. This is not a positive review, but to be fair there are some positive qualities about the application. For starters, do your homework and review all the options available. Turns out there are other companies with more robust platforms that offer more services for a lower price. Mention offers decent monitoring services for companies that don't have PR teams with the ability to focus on monitoring. You can set up alerts (up to a point, before getting charged again) and manage the results to attempt to get focused. Even so, there is a ton of noise that has to be filtered out. For the time you spend tooling around with the app you could actually set up other methods to get the same results. For us, Mention didn't quite offer all the value for the price and upsells. We restructured our PR to be smarter and narrow in on specific sources for each campaign - something our clients greatly appreciate. Attribution is easy to measure without using Mention, so it was obvious to us that we are paying a premium (over a quarterly premium and upsells) for a service that isn't doing much for us. That may not be the case for you, but when we opted to end our agreement, Mention's answer was basically "I don't care, pay me my money". Not a very good look and definitely prevents me from ever considering them again even if they upgraded their services in the future.

Pros:

The solution offers online monitoring that includes news, social media, message boards, and forums. There is an added cost to include traditional news sources like TV & Radio, but the extra cost makes the overall package more expensive than other solutions on the market. The setup team was actually good, so the initial experience with the company was positive.

Cons:

With exception of message boards and forums, you can reasonably achieve the same results using Google Alerts. For the cost and non-cancellable contract, you can actually fill in the gaps with just a little bit of leg work and some ingenuity. We ended up having to manually monitor review sites (like TripAdvisor), regardless of the promises made by Mention. That was pretty inconvenient. Additionally, we found quite a bit of chatter that wasn't being picked up by Mention. Eventually, we had to ask ourselves what's the point of paying so much money for the service. Mention doesn't break contracts, even if you're paying the premium for quarterly payments - which most ethical companies offer knowing that you may have to make a break. Their handling of that request leaves a lot to be desired.

Nicole
Managing Partner in Australia
Government Relations, 2–10 Employees

Fantastic Media Monitoring service

Comments: I was an early adopter of Mention App and have seen it grow from strength to strength. Compared to high priced media monitoring from large companies on offer - it is often quicker, more precise and always covers the full social, online and offline news environment. I use it for my clients and highly recommend it.

Pros:

Ease of use, quick set up and accurate results. In built-sentiment analysis is useful. It's also helpful you can connect your social accounts to Mention and use the dashboard to respond to customer queries.

Cons:

Not as evolved in the visualisation of data as competitors, but this isn't a big con because the data gathered is timely, precise and relevant (which other platforms struggle with). But would be great to see more options to display data.

Frédéric
Head of Digital Publishing in France

Mention allows me to monitor my brand and competition easily.

Comments: I can monitor any word, brand or name I want, giving me a headstart upon dealing with certain subjects.

Pros:

What I like about Mention is the speed with which it finds the occurrences of the keywords I indicate to it. Rather than my competitors, I observe with this tool the vivacity of certain themes.

Cons:

The interface is empty and not very intuitive. Fortunately, email alerts allow me to quickly access the last mentions of my keywords, because I don't use the web page where my information is collected, or very little. But this is a minor detail, because it is of particular interest to full-time community managers.

Margarita
Blogger, Founder, Autor in Russia

Infinity Functionality software

Pros:

For brands legends startups writers stars successful businesses growing campaigns creators those, who love Mention Infinity constructive opportunities for campaigns to promote a startups, projects or a legendary brands. You can characterize the service as accessibility, mobility, infinity This service uses the most current methods for obtaining references to the brand Can be in a few clicks: Monitor social media in real time. Monitor a billion sources in more than 60 languages. Learn the most authoritative opinions about a brand or keyword. Connect social accounts for mobile response. Creation of actual reports and comparison of notifications. Export data to PDF or CSV. Teamwork with the team by exchanging alerts. Work with a mobile device. Team Mention it's lovely and best team

Victor
Ukraine

Love Mention!

Pros:

You cant catch everything that's happening on the Internet around your brand. This is what's Menion for. It helps you find fresh mentions and discussions of the topics you're interested in, so you're always updated on the most recent development.

Cons:

It might have been a little more precise. While Mention is really great, it's best to combine it with some other similar app.

Jonathan
founder in France
Management Consulting, 2–10 Employees

good software to get started on social listening

Pros:

very easy to setup . Good alerting module Straightforward dashboards .

Cons:

works very well for basic usecases, may be limited for more advanced scenarios

Iván
Iván
Gerente de Marketing Digital in Argentina
Marketing & Advertising, 2–10 Employees

Versatile and complete tool to know the mentions

Comments: For many years it is important to know what is said online before creating and publishing your content on social networks. In this case mention is one of the best tools not only to know the mentions of the brand, it also allows to know the mentions by each social networks

Pros:

You know the mentions for each social network. Separately, determining the quality of each mention, with a scale

Cons:

the reports that arrive to the email must arrive at the moment and with other metrics. Including a thematic reports would be great

Ruth
Product Marketing Manager in US
Marketing & Advertising, 2–10 Employees

Easy to use brand monitoring tool for social media and the web

Pros:

I really like that you can integrate this with Slack. It makes it easy to keep on top of brand mentions as soon as they come in. It's also really helpful that you can get a summary at the end of each day to tell you how many mentions you got and how many were positive / negative. You can also log in and tell it if something is positive or negative to help make your results more reliable.

Cons:

There's not too much to dislike really. Admittedly you can get most of this data manually if you searched for it yourself rather than paying for it, but this tool really does help you to save time.

Esly
President in Brazil
Publishing, 2–10 Employees

Helpful Information

Comments: I find out about books that are being sold illegally, or the wrong use of my name.

Pros:

It spots things with my name that I need to know about for business purposes, such as books that are being sold illegally.

Cons:

I don't understand it all that well, but it works for me.

Cédric
Marketing and communication officer in Burkina Faso
Banking, 201–500 Employees

Mention review

Pros:

It is easy to use and configure simple and understandable dashboard I use it quite frequently and very interesting and entertaining

Cons:

No drawbacks to report since I started using it

Quentin
cofounder in US
Information Technology & Services, 11–50 Employees

Amazing product. For (social) media monitoring - listening, your brand but also all competitors...

Comments: We use it to follow all the industry trends of our projects and their competitors.
We are always aware of everything and can manage the required actions to be taken very easily with different team members.

Pros:

Ease to use, mobile applications, exhaustive features

Mark
Principal in US
Consumer Goods, 2–10 Employees

Helps Me Track Social Media Interactions!

Comments: By using Mention I've caught several instances where I was in the news and did not know it.

Pros:

Easy to use. Once set up it does not require maintenance

Cons:

Nothing! I love it! Cannot think of anything bad!

Korvi
Founder in Bangladesh
Nonprofit Organization Management, 201–500 Employees

Very useful to track your brands online and what people are talking about it.

Comments: Tracking discussion, conversation, good and BD reviews about your brand.

Pros:

Quickly search the discussions and conversation about your brand, company or you and send it to you.

Sabine
Partner Manager in UK
Music, 2–10 Employees

Useful, background campaign monitoring tool

Comments: We use to monitor PR and marketing campaign effectiveness; gives useful data that saves us time and effort sourcing and monitoring this data across the internet.

Pros:

Useful, time-saving, easy to set-up and manage, good free package.

Cons:

If your company has a generic name or you need to use semi-generic search terms, allow for not relevant results.

Ian
Consultant in UK
Security & Investigations, 2–10 Employees

Excellent product

Pros:

The software is really useful, and can be tailored to needs, as well as focusing on just what you want.