15 years of helping Indian businesses

About Quip

Quip is a new way to collaborate with your team that combines documents, spreadsheets, to-do's, and chat in one seamless experience.

Learn more about Quip

Pros:

Quip is very easy to use and navigate within the software. Basically, it offers you a never-ending list for your notes (very similar to OneNote for example).

Cons:

It provides extremely limited options within files. If you try to ingest files from other sources it will not hold any formatting options.

Quip ratings

4.4
Customer Service Software
4.5
4.2
4.3

8.1/10

Quip has an overall rating of 4.4 out 5 stars based on 204 user reviews on Capterra.

Have you used Quip before?

Charles
Charles
Owner - Marketing in Spain
Health, Wellness & Fitness, 2–10 Employees

All your info access anywhere. Collaborate with your team and those on your external team.

Comments: I am quite happy with it. The fact that everything is there and it's secure and I'm always adding to it makes it more valuable for me and my team every day. Especially when I can pull up costs or ideas when out and about.

Pros:

The way it easily works on mobile and on desktop and you get notifications as soon as someone has done something. Ease of linking documents in chats Having everything available in one place so you don't lose things and get others up to speed quickly. Ability to easily lock people out of the use of a document or not.

Cons:

Sometimes it's hard to find an item if you clearly don't label it in the title. - Access to support is a lot harder since Salesforce bought it over. You now have to log in to Salesforce fill in a form to get the support, before you could message support within Quip.

Oil & Energy, 5,001–10,000 Employees

Good integration with other tools.

Comments: I develop and review engineering technical specifications, operations manuals and policy documents, ensuring they are up-to-date and accessible to everyone involved. Additionally, I use Quip to create and monitor project schedules, assign tasks and track progress. The personalized dashboards allow me to quickly see the status of various projects, I think I can finally say that it has been a favorable program on my team.

Pros:

Quip allows my team and I to work simultaneously on the same document. This is crucial when we are developing technical specifications or planning projects, as it allows for instant synchronization and reduces misunderstandings or duplication of effort. The integration with other tools is very cool, we take advantage of it a lot at Chevron, we use several software applications for different purposes. Quip integrates well with other tools like Salesforce, allowing us to access and compile information efficiently without having to constantly switch platforms.

Cons:

Although Quip is excellent for text collaboration, I sometimes find that the formatting and editing options are a little limited compared to other more robust document editing tools like Microsoft Word or Google Docs, I think this perhaps with a little more development from them would be great.

Computer Software, 1,001–5,000 Employees

Seems to be intentionally limiting

Comments: From a collaboration perspective, its pretty smooth/easy - but the biggest challenges are the organization of all of these random documents and integration with working with other platforms (namely content from Microsoft apps)

Pros:

The ability to quickly create new documents, add others, and collaborate is good. You can quickly tag/add users, and have a good trust in its access controls.

Cons:

Quip's ability to work with data from other applications is my #1 biggest gripe. Like most normal humans, my workflows and processes don't exist in a single app... I work across applications. If you try to copy text from a powerpoint or from one-note to quip, it gets pasted in as an image. If you take that same text, and put it in a notepad document first, then paste it in, it pastes as text. It would appear that an intentional decision was made at quip with how they choose to interface with Microsoft platforms - which is beyond infuriating as a user. After much searching online, there appears to be no way to correct this from a settings perspective.

Retail, 10,000+ Employees

Ease of doc sharing with Quip

5.0 4 weeks ago New

Comments: I enjoy using Quip for its ease and versatility.

Pros:

I love the ease with which you can share lengthy docs and spreadsheets.

Cons:

It is hard to find a Quip if you lose it. Search function could be made a lot easier if you put a thumbnail with the visual of the Quip.

Kreasan
Jnr HR Business Partner in South Africa
Construction software, 10,000+ Employees

Quip has it all. The benefits are endless.

Comments: Quick integration and implementation. Very profound Services and smart results. I create documents and share them with ease and enjoyment.

Pros:

Quip has a unique treatment that unites every department building a conclusively focused team fit to deliver on the goals and objectives of the company. I have been able to share documents and tasks while keeping communication at top notch. Furthermore, Quip is problem easiest to use software yet the capabilities are way beyond expectations. I am a happy user.

Cons:

Quip is user friendly and reliable. It has helped us work as a team achieving goals faster and accurately. I have not experienced a single downside of it.

Krishna
Krishna
Human Resources Generalist in US
Hospital & Health Care, 5,001–10,000 Employees

When using Salesforce, Quip is a great tool for working together

Comments: The team can make a document of any kind and work on it together. Thus, we rely on it to efficiently record a wide variety of information. The quip app also allows us to exchange entire folders of documents if necessary.

Pros:

In order to make reference to external services or data in Quip, you may simply type a @ symbol before their handle. The @ symbol has many uses, such as mentioning people or adding a time stamp or date. In addition, you will receive a reminder at the specified time.

Cons:

Setting up Quip and getting the most out of it can be challenging; the optimum use is in conjunction with the Salesforce product, so you're limited if you're using a different CRM.

Yoyo
Co-founder in US
Marketing & Advertising, 2–10 Employees

Quip is like Google Docs combined with Apple Notes

Comments: A really great notetaking app. I can take notes on my android phone or iPhone and it syncs right to my mac. And it's very easy to keep organized. All the collaboration features are just cherry on top.

Pros:

Super easy to use like Apple notes. Easy to view at a glance. Unlike Google Docs which things tend to get lost in. Google docs' dashboard is just weird compared to apple notes.

Cons:

Running on windows the app seems to take a lot of RAM and my computer heats up quickly. Considering it's a notes app, it should be more lightweight.

Antonio
Antonio
Engineering Manager in US
Automotive, 201–500 Employees

Excellent solution for internal communication and collaboration with your coworkers.

Comments: We utilize Jest to keep our inside communication and archives organized, it moreover makes our lives simpler when we ought to collaborate on something. Joke Dynamic Reports are a more helpful format than emails, as modern information is displayed so you'll alter the data within the reports. In profound inboxes emails in some cases get misplaced, you know precisely with Jest where the 'file layout' is capable for each content. Illuminate others around unfinished ventures and make it simple to include modern ventures, we were able to choose how much space we would devote to numerous of our records, this permits us to track in genuine time the capacities of any part of the community. It permits us to work together on issues that are imperative to cross-functional collaboration, and especially when working remotely.

Pros:

Joke organizes our company's communication and is additionally the finest arrangement we tried for collaboration, we will effortlessly relegate assignments to particular representatives and have them collaborate, permitting us to extend efficiency. My colleagues and I regularly use Quip to record key partner assembly minutes or to trade data. Much obliged to Jest, the number of our emails has been diminished and you'll take note the advancements that have been made. Frequently after checking for cautions, send updates, you'll be able rapidly share and indeed secure your records with others. I like that as my group individuals look, alter, and open records, Joke makes a difference me see upgrades in genuine time, so I can rapidly screen who's centering on what and when.

Cons:

I do not just like the include that it can't be utilized within the native record route plans of Windows/Mac reports. To hunt for records and logs, you wish to open the application/software. Joke runs much slower than Exceed expectations or Express, since in reality the source record must be made at slightest two or perhaps three times, it was exceptionally difficult to inspire in the event that it was anything more than a client interface with a spare organizer. I would like to see the execution of pre-built formats since they can spare time for numerous clients.

Giacomo
Communications Manager in US
Facilities Services, 1,001–5,000 Employees

A Reliable Document Management Solution for Us

Pros:

I have an incredible experience with Quip because it is an easy to use document management solution. Quip is highly reliable.

Cons:

Quip has great features. I do not have dislikes about Quip.

Claudia
Procurement Officer in US
Hospital & Health Care, 1,001–5,000 Employees

Quip: A Great Document Management Solution

Pros:

For efficient document management, we always choose Quip because it has been efficient. Quip is highly reliable.

Cons:

I like the efficiency of the features of Quip. No complains about Quip.

Nathan
Nathan
Digital Marketing Manager in Zambia
Computer Software, 11–50 Employees

Quip's An Alternative to Google Docs and Slack

Comments: I tested Quip as part of a team effort to find a collaborative tool that we could incorporate across the board. Over the 6 month period that I tested it, I found that while it was functional for the most part as a lot of things, it failed in key areas that we would need it to work including handling large spreadsheets, edit history and connectivity issues. However the price and slow functionality when it comes to bigger documents/spreadsheets leaves much to be desired and as such, it may not be ideal for anyone but bigger organizations that want to cut off multiple communication channels and document tools. Overall Quip is a good alternative to Slack & Google Apps. However it leaves some things to be desired in the looks and function department.

Pros:

Quip is a great collaboration tool that is something similar to Slack, Google Docs and Google Sheets all wrapped up into one. My favorite feature is the collaboration tool which allows you to edit documents and discuss them in real time with other users. You can send messages to other users and Quip has a nice way of letting you know whether a user is online or offline. The messages can be sent to individuals and within a group chat setting. When commenting on spreadsheets, you can annotate cell by cell which is something helpful especially if you are reviewing spreadsheets with a lot of information. File management is a charm. You can easily upload shared documents to folders and limit who can see the documents as well as who can edit/view the documents. One gripe about collaboration apps that I have had in the past is the amount of notifications you get if you have multiple people working on documents/projects etc. Quip solves this by giving you the option to prioritize the notifications you want to this. You can also @ specific people which makes communication easier. Similar to Slack, there is an option to notify everyone with an @everyone option to send messages to a whole team. Quip integrates well with Salesforce, so if you are using Salesforce, this is a good option.

Cons:

If you want to test Quip before deciding, you may not like the requirement for a work email. You need constant internet connectivity to make Quip work, if you find yourself in a place where there is no internet, you may be out of luck to use Quip. While Quip is good for communication, editing and collaborating on big spreadsheets slows the app down and you can find it slows down performance. You are better doing light to medium size documents/spreadsheets. When collaborating documents, versioning and edit history are important. It gets hard to revert to an older copy of a document and it can create some confusion if there are a lot of people looking at the same document.

Lisa
CEO in Mexico
Marketing & Advertising, 11–50 Employees

Best docu-sharing tool for a team

Comments: I would highly recommend Quip to any team needing to collaborate on a lot of documents. It keeps us extremely organized, we love the workflow features, and communication tools. We have tried using Google Drive in the past and have STRUGGLED with the shotty navigation and lack of tagging/communication options. Quip is exponentially better than any other docu-sharing tool we've used!

Pros:

Simple user interface and easy to onboard my employees. Quip keeps us very organized and is great for tagging each other in comments and collaborating in single documents. They have a number of workflow features that we've used several times to help manage project timelines, etc. I also love that I can share links to documents so clients can pop in and review without having to be added as a full user. We've reached out to customer support several times, especially during the onboarding process, and they have always been extremely helpful.

Cons:

Notifications are a little overwhelming and difficult to manage. Very rarely we've had issues with pages not updating or saving, especially when there is a lot of text that has been copy/pasted.

Pharmaceuticals, 5,001–10,000 Employees

Quip - a super nice collaboration tool

Comments: To be simple, we really like this easy to use collaboration tool.

Pros:

So easy to collaboration with colleagues, and for family. Get everything together rather than individual files everywhere. "Word", "Excel", "Powerpoint" lite versions, so easy to use, whatever you want. With google account integration. No hassle for account management. You certainly don't expect it to be super powerful, but it is good enough for our purpose.

Cons:

Logic of files arrangement a bit confusing. If you are coming from traditional file system. You may need sometime to get used to it. Moving files around is not that easy, especially if you want to manage multiple files at the same time. It used to be annoying that recent editing panel shows up every time you open the application. Recent updates fix this problem.

Faiyaz
Faiyaz
CEO in Bangladesh
Design, 2–10 Employees

Cheap Solution for Team Collaboration

Comments: Overall experience was great. It was easy and smooth.

Pros:

Quick Setup, easy interface, combines team messaging with collaborative document creation and editing tools, cheap plans compared to its competitors. Also supported by Zapier.

Cons:

Limited API, limited storage on free accounts, interface could be more polished and not that much strong as other competitors.

Ciedelle
IT Support Associate II in US
Information Technology & Services, 10,000+ Employees

Equipped with Quip!

Comments: We use quip to share files among members and teams in our organization and I love how we could easily update and access them from anywhere especially on the mobile as well, it makes collaboration way too easy.

Pros:

The design and layout is superb, I specifically love how you can folders visually and it is attractive. Being able to color code them makes organizing files and projects shared across teams more effective.

Cons:

Not all file types are supported like scripts, I would have to just upload it as a textfile with the scripts if I wanted it on quip.

EBIN
EBIN
Founder & CEO in India
Human Resources Software, 11–50 Employees

All in one platform to manage the entire documents and other tools in a single platform

Comments: We have increased the productivity of our employees and thus our core goal of high productivity is achieved.

Pros:

We really like Quip the way it is built as the platform itself acts as a source to maintiain all the tools like docs, chat etc. in this single app itself. Quip is the best way to manage all the different tabs under one window. The major hike is with the single window system where all the needed plugins are added and can be managed. Quip is the one and only platform to simplify the user burden of maintaining multiple apps and multiple windows.

Cons:

The UI is very hard to understand at the first time and for newcomers.

Justin
Instructional Designer in US
E-Learning, 51–200 Employees

Best collaboration software i've used!

Pros:

Quip makes it incredibly easy to collaborate with others on shared document writing. I work with a number of people who may not easily adopt new software, and Quip's simple and familiar interface allow them to begin working quickly and without fear. I lead teams of 15+ people working on the same projects, and can easily monitor progress and who is editing what!

Cons:

I have very few cons for Quip - most of which would be a desire to see more features, although this would likely come with the trade off that it would become more complex. No real complaints for me.

Rebekah
Product Manager in US
Computer Software, 51–200 Employees

Have a solid foundation or don’t use

Comments: Switching to confluence because it’s just too limited and chaotic for our companies use

Pros:

I like the straightforward means of creating a document. It makes for a lot of sameness and alignment across different teams. I like the kaban feature

Cons:

I find myself irritated when trying to change between bulleting and not bulleting. It tends to change my font. I don’t like that I can add bullets in a sheet/cell. Kaban is limited as are all the brainstorming features. Notifications often get lost. Can’t connect engineering tickets to documents in a good way. If your company doesn’t start with a solid and clear foundation in terms of documentation management, you’re screwed

Alvaro
Operations in US
Online Media, 5,001–10,000 Employees

I would like the old Quip back!

Pros:

Quip does a great job at being a very easy-to-use app when it comes to having collaborative documents to share for work. I like how different team members can contribute and leave their input simultaneously with other coworkers.

Cons:

The new UI makes things and tools hard to find. With an extremely clean look where the color white is so predominant, buttons are difficult to see and getting your work done may be more difficult.

Victoria
Victoria
Content Creator in Zimbabwe
Information Technology & Services, 11–50 Employees

Great

Pros:

The overall design of Quip is great and it allows for easy collaboration. We have used Quip together with Trello to allow for document sharing, as well as task management. With this tool, it's so easy to check for task progress online.

Cons:

Quip failed to work on my Chrome Chromebook (desktop) so I had to look for other options.

Kelly
Learning Ops in US
Information Technology & Services, 1,001–5,000 Employees

Very Customizable!

Pros:

I like how you can add a spreadsheet or a check list to a document. It's very customizable and the functionality to create it all is easy to use.

Cons:

Creating a spreadsheet into Quip is not the best. I feel like there is always a delay or a "lag" when editing or dragging cells. It's not the best option to use when creating a spreadsheet. Might stick to Excel for that part.

Raegan
Raegan
Office Manager in US

Nice but pricey.

Pros:

Group chats and file sharing are a lifesaver. No one likes group texts, they're annoying and don't carry over well between mobile platforms. With Quip, we can share a group chat that isn't annoying. File sharing helps when people are out of the office. We're always on the go and being able to send things back and forth without it getting lost in email is wonderful. Getting everyone together for meetings is almost always impossible with our crazy schedules and we never manage to pass the info around to everyone. This way we can send it out to everyone and know it was received. The to-do list function helps keep me organized.

Cons:

The price. At some point you start wondering is it really worth the price of every additional app and software you need. We have 20 something people, that adds up real quick. Much more cost effective for a smaller team.

Andrew
Associate in US

Great product for collaboration

Pros:

It is great how you are able to work on the same doc at the same time. I really appreciate the collaboration tools it offers

Cons:

There are alerts that get generated every time a change is made - the only way to turn these alerts off is for each user to manually go in and do it themselves. They should have the alerts function at the document level

Computer Software, 51–200 Employees

I built a custom reporting tool without being a programmer.

Comments: I was up to produce a highly functional spreadsheet to use as a reporting tool for my upstream management.

Pros:

The interface is clean and user-friendly. A novice can create a robust reporting tool for your internal use in less than a week.

Cons:

The embedded spreadsheet application has many advanced features. The Quip spreadsheet has more bells and whistles than I could figure out in one sitting. Quip's tutorals and customer service staff guided and coached me through the rough spots.

Cole
Cole
Director Of Strategic Partnerships & Key Accounts in US
Business Supplies & Equipment, 51–200 Employees

Quip works great at first..

Comments: We're still using Quip. But if you're not careful to make sure it's well organized, there can be communication problems.

Pros:

Quip is free/inexpensive. And it's easy to add people, so collaboration is a breeze.

Cons:

When too many projects are added to Quip, it gets quite confusing. Especially if you have different users with different access levels. Suddenly you have 3 folders with nearly identical content, and you never know which one to update.