15 years of helping Indian businesses

About Semrush

Semrush is a leading online visibility management software-as-a-service platform.

Learn more about Semrush

Pros:

Competitive analysis isn't totally accurate, but about as good as anything else I've come across. They keep adding more and more features and there are a number of integrations that I really like.

Cons:

The pricing can sometimes be ridiculous. I am a one many side-hustle "SEO Agency", and I am spending $100 bucks a month on the tool.

Semrush ratings

4.3
Customer Service Software
4.4
4.6
4.3

8.7/10

Semrush has an overall rating of 4.7 out 5 stars based on 2,196 user reviews on Capterra.

Have you used Semrush before?

Filter reviews (2,196)

Marco Genaro
Marco Genaro
Founder in France
Marketing & Advertising, 2–10 Employees

One of the best SEO tool. Unfortunately, a bit expensive.

5.0 2 months ago New

Comments: It's a classic SEO tool and a must-have for every SEO consultant. It's perfect for quickly analyzing competitor websites as well as your own. It's a very powerful tool if you know how to use it and what to look for. In my opinion, it's only worthwhile in the hands of SEO and marketing experts. I would love it to be a bit cheaper, but it's worth the price.

Pros:

As an SEO consultant, what I like the most about SEMRush is that it includes almost all the features I need on a daily basis: it allows me to analyze my website and my competitors' websites at a glance, it helps me keep track of the backlinks I have, and it enables me to conduct quick SEO audits. Additionally, it's very user-friendly.

Cons:

In my opinion, there are two cons of SemRush: First of all, sometimes there are more-specific tools for some taks. For example: I prefer to use SERPROBOT for Keyword Tracking, Ahrefs for Backlinking/Outreach campaigns and Keyword Planner from Google Ads for keyword research. Lastly, the problem with SemRush is that it's quite pricy. The Guru plan is around 250USD.

Christopher
SEO Manager in UK
Marketing & Advertising, 2–10 Employees

The most comprehensive tool on the market

5.0 2 weeks ago New

Comments: SEMrush is the ideal one stop shop for running an SEO campaign, if you only get one tool, make it this one

Pros:

I love how easy it is to use, the layout is simple and every function has little hints to show you what it does.

Cons:

It is quite a but more expensive when compared to a lot of tools, its worth it but some companies cant afford that budget.

Health, Wellness & Fitness, 51–200 Employees

Do you like micro-transactions and predatory billing? SEM RUSH is for you.

1.0 2 months ago New

Comments: AWFUL. It's a great product but being nickeled and dimed gets old.

Pros:

It's probably the best engine for research on a host of topics from keywords to competitor traffic. The tools are fantastic and the data is immense. They just put it behind micro-transactions, and trying to generate any report with any level of depth requires their highest tier for $600/M or $7K per year to generate the reports. If you are a small or mid sized business, prepare to either pay the fulll price or be extremely frustrated that every report you want to pull is behind a pay wall. Youll get an error message after spending 30 minutes setting up a report, and they just hope you'll pay through the nose.

Cons:

Do you like the feeling of being farmed for every dollar you have? Do you like mico-transactions and everything being blocked if you aren't in the highest subscription tier? SEM Rush is the micro-transaction and subscription BS model on steriods.

Md. Tanvir Bin
IT officer in US
Education Management, 501–1,000 Employees

Best for SEO and Promotional purpose

Comments: It gives me a platform that not only gives our competitors in that area insights, but also helps us with local SEO by providing keywords.

Pros:

Our website's movement in SERPs based on our selected keywords can be understood by using the SEMrush analytics tools. I can determine what we are doing well and where our SEO approach needs to be improved by monitoring our movement in the SERPs. Our performance on social media can be analyzed with its Social Media Toolkit.

Cons:

The usability isn't the best. Paying for a plan is highly costly.

4 months ago

Hi there! Thank you so much for sharing—we're happy to hear that. If you have any feedback about the UX & SEO features, feel free to connect with our Support team anytime. They'll be happy to help.

Toshia
Owner in US
Cosmetics, Self Employed

The best ranking application out there

5.0 last month New

Comments: I love this application. It handles everything i need it to.

Pros:

You have to try this application. Once you use it you don't want stop. It does everything for you.

Cons:

Maybe the price could be free or cheaper.

wissal
freelancer in Morocco
Computer Software, Self Employed

Honest opinion about semrush

Comments: the best platform for you depends on your specific needs, budget, and technical expertise. If you're considering Semrush, I recommend weighing the pros and cons against your requirements to see if it's the right fit

Pros:

Semrush is a comprehensive and powerful SEO suite that can help you improve your website's visibility and organic traffic. It's user-friendly, data-driven, and constantly evolving, making it a valuable tool for businesses of all sizes.

Cons:

It's important to note that these are potential drawbacks based on user feedback and shouldn't necessarily deter you from exploring Semrush

2 months ago

Hi there! Thank you for your positive review of Semrush! We're glad you find it user-friendly and powerful. Your feedback is appreciated.

Lauren
Principal Consultant in Netherlands
Market Research Software, 10,000+ Employees

Great tool for SEO

5.0 2 weeks ago New

Pros:

SEMRush is a great tool to use for keyword research. It is able to get volumes on topics that Google does not make publicly available, and it is great to be able to get a quick snapshot of search volumes in other markets. We also like the related keyword suggestions and the SERP information. It is easy to export data into Excel/ csv.

Cons:

the lack of historical data – you can see a year's worth of data, but only on a trendline/ with an index, so it is hard to compare keywords with each other or to calculate growth/ decline

Jeff
CTO in US

Not just another SEO platform

5.0 2 weeks ago New

Comments: I'm happy with it. It's one of many tools - it could be the only one, but lacks in certain areas. Needs more AI and more automated, time saving tools.

Pros:

Broad range of SEO/SEM products that integrate to help newbies and seasoned veterans navigate the SEO/SEM world

Cons:

It costs too much over the lang haul - it is not automated (or give you the option to automate) enough. While it helps identify issues, it's not great at helping you to resolve them.

Saviour
MANAGER in Zambia
Computer Software, 11–50 Employees

Semrush Review

5.0 2 weeks ago New

Pros:

The site audit feature which is one of the best features on semrush. it really helped my website alot by boosting my website search engine ranking so positively .

Cons:

So far i have not faced any challenge on semrush.

Steph
Director in UK
Alternative Medicine, 2–10 Employees

Free trial is well worth it, just wish it was a bit cheaper

5.0 3 weeks ago New

Comments: one of the best seo tools for marketing your business online

Pros:

Very intuative to use and a really insightful tool which is essential in helping me choose the best keywords for each web page for my business. So much information to gain from it around search volumes and keyword competitiveness

Cons:

The price! just no way do-able on our marketing budget

Ankur
SEO Team Leader in India
Information Technology & Services, 11–50 Employees

One of the Best On-site management Tool with amazing features

Comments: Overall this tool is incredibly brilliant and useful, I thank the team of SEMrush who are adding such feature, Most of the time I don't have to look for other tools when I want some research. they are covering most of the thing related to SEO.

Pros:

There are plenty of pros of semrush, I found many while using more than 2 years. my favorite feature of this tool is an on-page review, Backlink Gap checker and competitor analysis is the best reason to buy this tool. It gives you a better idea on your backlink strategy (How can still more links from a competitor and how you can build a new one). One of his features name as Keyword Magic tool is great if you are new into the keyword research part, it allows you to go into the deep by local wise, LSI keywords, etc. Position tracking also a great feature by which you can track the performance of your keywords daily basis.

Cons:

This is the vast exploration of any tool, many of features and reporting functionality you can't understand still if you are an SEO's. So I think this is not everyone cups of tea especially you are very new into the SEO world.

Ariel
Marketing Consultant in US
Marketing & Advertising, Self Employed

Excellent Marketing Software—Has Everything You Need

Comments: My overall experience with SEMRush is excellent. THere's a slight learning curve, as with most tools. But you get more value for your money. When you subscribe, you don't just have an SEO software; rather, you have access to the ultimate marketing toolkit.

Pros:

What I liked most about SEMRush is its comprehensiveness as a marketing tool. Most people compare SEMRush as an SEO tool (for keyword research and backlinks). But it goes beyond that. My favorite is the content marketing toolkit which is a suite of tools to help me beat the competition. It has all the tools you need to plan, research, execute and audit your content. Once you have your awesome content, the next step is to distribute them. That's where its social media toolkit comes in. You can post, curate, and frequently publish (re-use) social media posts. Yes, that's right. No need for a separate social media scheduler. Do you do link building? SEMRush also has its own link building tool built-in. You can perform all the "search operations" right within, which then plugs into a workflow where you can send out emails (from templates). It allows you to monitor everything inside one place. Pretty neat!

Cons:

The one thing I didn't like is the setup process. I can't remember having some sort of onboarding experience (or maybe i just skipped it). I had to learn by going through other tutorials and help docs. Another thing i didn't like was integrating with Google Analytics/Search Console. My experience is that i have to connect it once per tool. Instead of only doing it once, every tool has to be setup like this. That said, it's still totally worth learning as it has pretty much everything you need.

4 years ago

Hi Ariel! Thanks for giving us such an awesome review! As for the setup process, you can request a free online demo and one of our representatives will conduct a walkthrough about all tools we have. We appreciate you enjoy using the tool, and will keep working on improvements!

Steve
Steve
Webmaster & SEO in US
Design, 2–10 Employees

All Your SEO Base Are Belong To Us!

Comments: Overall SEMRush is a super useful SEO toolkit worth every bit of praise it has received, including from the likes of [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] fame. My primary client switched from AHrefs at my request back to SEMRush.

Pros:

SEMRush is a great hub for virtually every facet of SEO you can imagine - integrations for social media, analytics, search console, competitor research, the whole nine yards - that doesn't have too terribly steep of a learning curve.

Cons:

SEMRush is prone to highlighting the "worst" part of a site on any given auto-generated email or scan based on the metrics its own scans find, and a lot of them are unnecessary scare-mongering. For example, it's normal to have redirects on a well developed site, but this will come through as "9% of your site's pages have redirects!" It can spook a client who doesn't know any better.

4 years ago

Thank you so much for your great feedback, Steve! We really appreciate it. As for the Site Audit tool warnings, you can hide the checks that you think are irrelevant to your website using the eye button.

Susan
Partner in US

Great Product for SEO

Comments: Overall it is great and the software is really excacly what I need for doing my SEO work. . The support is awesome they get back to you quickly and are always ready to assist with any issues. Overall I say this the perfect software for SEO.

Pros:

I like how easy it is to use, it makes my job much easier. I am able to get the info quickly send to trello for the team to work on some items and it's great for giving me ideas for keywords, content and article writing.

Cons:

My only con for this item is the AMP and needing to have the highest plan to access the amp info. I am on the mid tier and I can't access the pages with Amp errors. Since AMP is so important right now I would think that info would start at the mid-tier level.

Jay
Jay
Digital Project Manager in Australia
Legal Services, 11–50 Employees

Nice SEM tool to have

Comments: SEMrush is all rounder in terms of Search Engine Marketing tool. Interface is similar to Google Analytics and easy to use. They have rolled out couple of regular tool updates every year. Very helpful articles in Knowledge Base. They do have some advance SEO and PPC features but very limited in terms of data especially Backlink Audit. If someone from search marketing looking for one for all tool (SEO, PPC, Competition Analysis) then it's an good option. However, if someone looking for a special tool for a particular job such as Backlink analysis and acquisition then look for alternative tools.

Pros:

Good UI (Similar to Google Analytics) Feature rich Easy to Use Free trial period Competitive Research

Cons:

Backlink Audit is not showing all the links Position Tracking a bit inaccurate Log files doesn't support .log format

3 years ago

Hi Jay, thank you for the detailed review! happy to know you enjoy the tools and are ready to recommend them. Please contact us at [email protected] for any question on the tools - we'll be happy to help you!

Julio
President in US

You can't drive blind

Comments: I admit to get the most out of SEMRush, I had to spend some time with it and I can tell you that after three years, I don't know all of it. Yet with all that complexity, you can get a project up and running and become useful in a matter of minutes.

Pros:

Go deep into a URL and discover the good, bad and ugly of SEO on a project. There are very few platforms that hold up and deliver on the promises made. SEMRush is one. This one works and it works for my company.

Cons:

Like any SEO platform we sometimes get false positive results and there never seems to be a rhyme or reason for it. But I am nit picking.

Marketing & Advertising, 11–50 Employees

Solid all-in-one for marketers

Pros:

Semrush offers pretty much everything you need to handle digital marketing and SEO. The feature-set is massive, from social posting and link disavowals to site health.

Cons:

Semrush is a pretty classic "all-in-one" – jack of all trades, master of none. We routinely have to look at specialist software to get REALLY deep in any one area, but Semrush easily covers the 30-, 20- and 15,000-foot views.

2 years ago

Hello! Thank you for your feedback! We were happy to know that our tool saved you some time.

Max
Digital Marketing Director in US
Consumer Services, 51–200 Employees

A Must Have Tool For Marketers

Comments: I have been using Semrush for over two years now and I cannot imagine my professional life without it. It is a really basic but essential part of our marketing growth.

Pros:

The ease of use and the simplicity of the UX are unparalleled to other tools out there. The depth of features is also great and I love the fact that it does such a good training job to make things easy.

Cons:

The reports and downloads are not too customizable which adds an extra layer of effort.

Sam
Owner, SEO in US
Marketing & Advertising, Self Employed

My CRITICAL Tool for All Things SEO

Comments: I love it. I made a decision years ago to go with Semrush as my #1 tool for SEO and I have not regretted that decision at all.

Pros:

I love how they are constantly adding new and very helpful tools as well as data to their platform. I feel like the value continues to grow as I use the platform.

Cons:

There are a few things that I wish didn't cost extra to use.... such as the Agency platform.

Jonathan
Director in Czechia
Online Media, 2–10 Employees

One of the most complete tool for the entire marketing team

Comments: We are solving so many problems inside our marketing team thanks to Semrush. There is always something to do with the tool, whether it will be about improving our SEO, correcting technical mistakes, building our content strategy thanks to Topic Research or managing our social media platforms from the Social Media poster.

Pros:

Overall, Semrush is really easy to use, whether we are talking about SEO, Content or Social Media toolsets. The diversity of features and the efficiency of each is a real plus since it can be used for many business cases and efficiently replace additional products in your toolset.

Cons:

The only hiccup might be the accuracy of the SEO numbers, there are mostly estimations and even if you can base your SEO strategy on it, you have to be careful not to take it as the ultimate truth.

6 months ago

Hi Jonathan, Thank you for sharing your comprehensive feedback about SEMrush! We're thrilled that our tool has become an integral part of your marketing team's efforts. It's fantastic to hear that you find our features diverse and efficient across various aspects of marketing. We appreciate your note about SEO accuracy—we're continually working to ensure our data is as accurate as possible. If you ever need assistance or have further insights, please don't hesitate to get in touch.

Alex
Alex
Marketing Communications Manager in UK
Marketing & Advertising, 2–10 Employees

Invaluable marketing data all bundled into one uber-powerful tool

Comments: We can manage all of our clients from a central dashboard, receive reports when we want them and rarely ever need to step outside SEMrush to get actionable insights on SEO. Though you could argue one shouldn't put all the eggs in one basket with an SEO tool (and in certain cases you really can't), the alternative is to invest in other tools too, which begins to get ridiculously expensive and wasteful. However, a decent SEO expert will know where to go to provide a broader scope of analysis, and this CAN be achieved for free in many cases. Ultimately, SEMrush is the Swiss Army Knife of SEO tools; it does almost everything you could need, and they provide plenty of training through their Academy to get you used to it all. Time and patience with SEMrush now will save far more time in the future, and the subscription will certainly pay for itself many times over. In fact, insights and actions we've been able to take using the data on SEMrush has led to us gaining more clients over the years, simply because an exisiting client has referred us on based on out success with them. Learn the tools, and you won't be disappointed!

Pros:

- The sheer amount of power at your fingertips - there are tools for every need, whether you're an SEO or a marketer - the level of data is incredible. - Their Keyword Magic Tool for finding related keywords has saved us countless hours of head-scratching. - Excellent citation management - honestly, being able to update SERPs on SEMrush, then have those changes syndicated to all the major listings online is a huge time and headache saver! It's extra per client, per month (only $20), but it's worth every penny - it costs the client more in our time to do it all manually! - Their auditing tools are second-to-none, whether it's backlinks, on-page SEO or tech SEO - their insights go deep and their suggestions on how to fix issues are extremely well explained - Competitor analytics go hand-in-hand with their backlink building tools, suggesting the best sites to obtain quality backlinks from based on what your competitors are getting - again, hours and hours saved!

Cons:

Only a couple, considering everything it does, but being picky: - The price can mount up if you have a lot of clients and want to take advantage of all their tools (though the convenience should overcome most of this reservation) - It takes some time to get used to - there's SO much on offer, that it can be a little overwhelming at first. It's easy to use, though because it's so powerful, finding everything can be tricky with so much going on sometimes

Laura
SEO Manager in UK
Leisure, Travel & Tourism, 51–200 Employees

Comprehensive & reliable SEO tool

Pros:

It's a great tool for doing keyword research and for tracking keyword visibility across a number of projects. This is the main reason why we are using this product, so that we can monitor and report on the evolution of our website's visibility across our targeted keywords.

Cons:

1) I don't like the fact that even with the Business subscription, there's only one user that can access the software at one time. I think there should be at least 2 users added to the Business account. 2) In the Keyword research section, it would be good to see an actual trend of the keywords that are being displayed (not just a trend chart) and to see this trend displayed in percentages (e.g. 10% growth in search volume MoM) 3) In the SERP analysis section, it would be good to see the SERP exactly as it is shown in Google or other search engines, with meta titles, with featured snippets, with PPA boxes etc. The more detailed information we can have in the SERP section, the better. 4) In the Topic Research section, it would be useful to have the option to save cards and view them later

3 years ago

Hi Laura, thank you so much for your review! We are happy to know you enjoy SEMrush tools. And thank you so much for the detailed feedback on the features - it is very appreciated and I will pass it to the teams!

Katya
Developer in US
Computer Software, 51–200 Employees

Great Software for Customer Research / Analytics

Comments: Semrush is amazing for getting to know your customers. Being able to see exact searches made on Google from our audience is very valuable and they have options for every part of the marketing journey, from social media to SEO and article writing.

Pros:

I have used this software for a variety of reasons over the years. First, it was for social media topics and now it is for SEO and customer search research to get to know exactly what our audience is searching for online. It has been a tremendous help and is the next best thing to asking them face to face.

Cons:

I found there to be a bit of a learning curve because there are just so many features and you need to learn how to get the most out of each one. It's a good problem to have, though, and support is available to help if needed.

Anupam
SEO Team Leader in India
Marketing & Advertising, 11–50 Employees

Empower Your SEO Strategy with Exceptional Keyword Research Tools

Comments: My experience as a SEMrush user has been exceptional. The platform's features, accurate data, user-friendly interface, and excellent customer support have greatly enhanced my digital marketing efforts. It has become an invaluable tool in driving my marketing success.

Pros:

1. Comprehensive features for all your digital marketing needs.2. Accurate and reliable data for informed decision-making.3. In-depth competitor analysis to stay ahead in your industry.4. User-friendly interface for easy navigation.5. Robust reporting and analytics for measuring campaign performance.6. Excellent customer support for assistance when needed.7. Continuous updates and improvements to stay up-to-date with industry trends.

Cons:

1. Learning Curve for Beginners.2. Higher Pricing Plans.3. Data Limitations for Niche Keywords.4. Varied Accuracy in Competitor Analysis.5. Steeper Learning Curve for Advanced Features.6. Limited Social Media Functionality.While SEMrush offers numerous benefits, it's important to consider these potential drawbacks before making a decision.

6 months ago

Thank you for your detailed and insightful review of Semrush. We greatly appreciate your positive feedback on the comprehensive features, accurate data, and our customer support. We also value your honest assessment of the potential drawbacks and limitations you've encountered. Your input helps us continually improve and provide better solutions. We're delighted to be a part of your digital marketing journey and are here to support your ongoing success.

Daniel
Daniel
Marketing consultant in Denmark
Marketing & Advertising, 201–500 Employees

All in one search engine marketing suite

Comments: With such a wide array of tools and opportunities you'd think it would make approaching their tools a little confusing or overwhelming, but SEMrush provides both written and video explanation to how and when to use their tools. And not only that, they are extremely good at listening to customer feedback, if you have suggestions to new features or questions about their current ones.

Pros:

With a wide array of tools, SEMrush are able to help you with any aspect of your search engine marketing. We use it for both organic and paid advertising research and it plays a crucial role in every project. The single best thing at the moment, is the recent addition of the bulk keyword research tool.

Cons:

The keyword research "magic tool" is awesome, but difficult to use when your account has multiple users doing research for multiple clients at once. We have experienced that if you aren't aware, you can accidentally add keywords to the wrong profile/client. This can be avoided by not using the "quick add" function but instead ticking off each keyword an then manually adding them to your desired list. Apart from this, we have never experienced any undesired behavior from any of their tools.

4 years ago

Hi Daniel! Thank you for taking the time to complete a review of SEMrush, we really appreciate it. We understand that our tools can have a bit of a learning curve, we're happy that you've found our blogs and videos useful and that our CS team was attentive to your needs.