15 years of helping Indian businesses

About Cloudflare

Cloudflare Inc. is a web performance and security company on a mission to build a better Internet.

Learn more about Cloudflare

Pros:

Overall, my favorite feature are the email alerts for when a domain's nameservers no longer point to Cloudflare. That allows us to provide invaluable customer service for our own clients.

Cons:

Also every now and then my site looks odd. I clear the cache on site and browser and it still looks odd.

Cloudflare ratings

4.6
Customer Service Software
4.3
4.7
4.6

9.1/10

Cloudflare has an overall rating of 4.8 out 5 stars based on 442 user reviews on Capterra.

Have you used Cloudflare before?

Pedro
Pedro
CEO in Portugal
Information Technology & Services, 2–10 Employees

Great services for free

Pros:

The services offered in the free tier are very good. What can we ask more than what they offer already? It's simply very good that they even offer such a complete free version as they do.

Cons:

Eventually having a "pay-per-use" plan that we can customize with different options and pay per use. I know business wise that's not easy but it would offer a great flexibility to whoever wants to pay for specific functionalities

Internet, 11–50 Employees

CDN, Internal Network Security, WAF. Cloudflare does it all

Comments: My overall experience with Cloudflare has been amazing. While their support can be frustrating at times with making you go around in circles understanding the issue, in the end, they get things solved, and will often pass you up the chain to their Tier 2 support to have a personal connection to try and get things sorted.

Pros:

When we first used Cloudflare as our CDN, we discovered brilliance. Finally a CDN for everyone, with a freemium model to get your services round the globe at a fraction of the cost of everyone else. Be careful though, once you're in this freemium model, you're soon diving deep into all of their features where you're MORE than happy to hand over the money. From Network and Device security in Cloudflare for Teams to WAFs, easy to use page rules, Tunnelling, and optimisations for delivery across the network, you're soon using it all and using it all without the need for large IT teams to get it set up.

Cons:

A few downsides, which are all related, is somethings things aren't quite working and you're not sure why. It seems the features of the system grew massively and more quickly than they were expecting and their UI and UX didn't keep up. Once you get on the chat and they explain what's going on, it's easy to fix, however for the moment, it can be confusing to try and figure it out yourself.

Karambir
CEO in US
Nonprofit Organization Management, Self Employed

Cloudflare...has lost its luster

Comments: Cloudflare has evolved from a simple tool to guarantee 24/7 availability and quick response time. When I compared it to QUIC.cloud and LiteSpeed, I found it did not perform as well.

Pros:

Cloudflare provides a number of features that are important/essential for small business websites (DNS management, caching, SSL, etc.)

Cons:

Overly complex and increasingly expensive without achieving optimal performance and 24/7 guarantees.

Ibrahim
Ibrahim
Assistant Relationship Manager in Egypt
Banking, 10,000+ Employees

Security will always be your aim here

Comments: My overall experience was really satisfying

Pros:

I’m using cloudflare for 2 years now in using the DNS services to secure my computer and my network in general it’s like using a VPN without using a VPN which helped me to access lots of stuff that wasn’t available in my country of residence. The app has lots of uses for cybersecurity, computer security, network security etc and it’s really good and reliable

Cons:

It sometimes bugs or freezes but it’s hard to find an app with all these combined features in one place

Automotive, 10,000+ Employees

Cloudflare is a poor-mans' dream for Content Delivery Optimization

Comments: Very positive. If you're running a website or web services and you don't have the big bucks to scale with Azure/AWS, then consider these guys. They very seldom let you down.

Pros:

What's not to love about it? It has some of the cheapest and fastest content delivery tools on the planet. It has a free tier if you're just a cheapskate, but the paid tiers are pretty modestly priced among industry competitors. There are basic security filters in place and a few other optimizations for regional support (they have more data centers than most others with less latency). Their DNS/Name services resolve quickly and with fewer disconnects.

Cons:

Support is kind of a chore, just because they have so many customers. I think it's something they're getting better at though.

Christopher
Creative Director in Italy
Media Production, 2–10 Employees

Cloudflare is

Comments: We have used Cloudflare for our company and personal websites for over four years without many issues. They have great features and if you are not tech savvy with the installation of SSL Certs or setting up rules this product can help you a lot. Their support can be a bit hit and miss but you usually get a response within 24 hours. We have seen some of the biggest and best brands in the world use Cloudflare and it’s really good how much you get for the price.

Pros:

Our company uses Cloudflare for all of our websites. Cloudflare acts as a CDN, a firewall and also a performance layer for websites as well as protecting our websites from attacks. They respond to our needs quickly and it's relatively insexpensive

Cons:

The customer support could be a bit better.

Marc
General Manager in US
Consumer Goods, 2–10 Employees

Great Domain Hoster, DNS manager and CDN

Comments: Good documentation to get everything setup as you need it.

Pros:

I love the website speed improvement using a CDN. A lot of the features are free. That is pretty amazing.

Cons:

Some of the features are pretty expensive.

Nathan
Founder in Poland
Marketing & Advertising, 2–10 Employees

Good for all companies sizes!

Comments: Really good! Free tier is unbelievable good!

Pros:

Their free plan is unbelievable good, I didn’t need to pay for anything for almost 2 years and I just paid some features because was extra but all the essential is free

Cons:

Nameservers need to be moved to Cloudflare

Zack
Zack
Information Technology Security Officer in US
Chemicals, 1,001–5,000 Employees

Great AIO solution to secure all your web resources

Comments: When I came to the company, no one was engaged in the organization of security for web resources. Almost immediately I chose Cloudflare, set up this service, and since then I follow the analytics and turn on new features. We are satisfied with everything and we plan to stay further with Cloudflare.

Pros:

I like the fact that the service is constantly being improved and adds new features, which allows you to abandon other services and use everything to ensure security in one place. Most of all I want to allocate 2 features - it is a CDN and protection against DDOS. It works just great.

Cons:

Some settings are not in the obvious places for them, you have to google and read the documentation to reach them.

Abhik
Abhik
Student in India
Computer Networking, 10,000+ Employees

Most secure content delivery network for website of any size

Comments: I'm using Cloudflare for years and never faced any significant issue. I'm overall happy with their product and services.

Pros:

Cloudflare allows many advance features even for free users. Like DNSSEC in Cloudflare DNS, Cloudflare proxy, I'm under attack mode and so on. Further, ClouFlare optimizes the content of the hosted websites by minifying codes and make websites a lot faster.

Cons:

Cloudflare free plan and even the business plan doesn't allow users to bring their own SSL certificates. This is a very basic and necessary feature. To upload custom SSL you need to purchase an enterprise plan with a $200/month rental, which is quite costly.

Kunal
Consultant in India
Information Technology & Services, Self Employed

Make Your Site Secure and Blazing Fast

Comments: My overall experience with Cloudflare is great. Have been using since last 5+ years. Since 2019 they have launched many more product offerings. I use their DNS, CDN, Firewall Rules, Access and Teams for my WordPress powered blog.

Pros:

Offers an wonderful free plan. Easy to switch on/off features. Easy to migrate from other providers. Fastest DNS in the World. Firewall Rules to block certain URLs. Cloudflare Access and Teams to protect my WordPress Backend. Early adopters of new technologies like HTTP/2, HTTP/3, DoH, etc... Free DDoS protection. Hides your email id from bots. Know your site speed. Free Origin certificates.

Cons:

Plans are based on features which is different than the industry. Less page rules for free plan. Don't like the captchas. Rate limit 404s and Bypass cache on cookie available only on Business plan.

Nearly every single site we set up gets run through CloudFlare because of it's security and control.

Comments: It's great knowing CloudFlare is protecting our site from DDOS attacks. Their caching features make pages load incredibly fast, and their javascript CDN makes our sites load even faster still. The instantly updated DNS settings eliminates any downtime, meaning our users never even notice the switch.

Pros:

Once the nameservers are set up at the registrar to point to CloudFlare, DNS changes within CloudFlare are instantaneous. This is a huge deal when moving from one server to another. Having built-in SSL is another great way to provide peace of mind to our visitors. By essentially acting as a reverse proxy, it keeps our servers' IP addresses hidden from would-be attackers. Their bot and DDOS detection is legendary and their basic analytics are surprisingly helpful. A CloudFlare hosted CDN, cdnjs.com, has countless globally hosted scripts that make site building not only easier, but it also ensures the end results performs incredibly well. It's been years since I've set up a site that didn't have some CloudFlare feature built in.

Cons:

I haven't had any luck with some of their automatic HTML/JS optimization features that involve rewriting the code. I can see how they would speed up page load, but I've often found they've broken my site. I don't really need that feature, so I'm not missing out, but if you're going to give it a try, make sure you test thoroughly, as you should be with any change made to a public server ;)

Simon
Simon
Creative Head in India
Broadcast Media, 2–10 Employees

Cloudflare - A name you can trust for speed, security and a robust network!

Comments: Google searches have proven that if users don't see a webpage within 2 seconds of clicking a link, they never visit the website again. With Cloudflare, not only do users see my webpage within a second of clicking a link, they are also incentivized to look around and in doing so, find more content that they might be interested in. This has increased user retention for my website, while also helping sign up new users to the mailing list to keep an active pool of engaged users.

Pros:

For anyone starting out in the world of web development, setting up and using a CDN can be a very daunting task. This is where Cloudflare comes in. With a streamlined setup process and straightforward controls, you will be set up and ready to go within minutes of signing up for an account. For 90% of users out there, the free version provides above and beyond what you will require from a CDN. With additional DDoS protection, a strong firewall and extremely fast caching, it takes your website from being about average to one of the best on the market. Some websites can experience load times that are anywhere between 2x and 10x faster.

Cons:

Being limited to 3 page rules is one thing where Cloudflare feels like it could fall short on. 5 would've been a nice number. But if you can get a little technical with how URLs work in general, you can combine multiple rules into one, giving in essence more than 3 page rules.

Abel
Abel
Founder in Nigeria
Health, Wellness & Fitness, 2–10 Employees

Great for website owners

Comments: Wouldn't switch to any other service for now, it works well for us.

Pros:

Without Cloudflare's free services running on all our sites, we'd probably have to pay more for webhosting and spend tons protecting and preventing our sites from spam/bot traffic. Since we run many content sites and have added them to cloudflare, not only have we managed to halve our hosting bill but we've also managed to speed up our sites in the process as well all while using the free plan that has almost everything you need. The free CLOUDFLARE SSL too means we don't have to pay for that. Cloudflare also has one of the fastest DNS propagation on the internet, unlike other providers who'd instruct you to wait 24 hours for full propagation all over the internet, with Cloudflare it's finished in minutes, not more than 2 hours in the worst case scenario. I also like that you can setup unlimited sites on the free plan, we currently have 10 websites on Cloudflare and its great. The AlwaysOnline technology too is good as it makes your website appear online even when your hosting server is done, great when you have a static site. Caching and seriously many other features that makes it a fantastic idea to jump on.

Cons:

While most of the basic features are available for free users, the real paid features are $20 a month per site, not much when you have one or two sites but when you're hitting the 10th mark, take a toll on the wallet.

Lucas
Lucas
Creative Director in US
Information Technology & Services, Self Employed

Amazing services and only getting better

Comments: I run DNS for all my hosting business through Cloudflare. The base-level firewall and caching keeps so much traffic from reaching my servers out of the box that I don't know what I'd do without it. Once you add in manually-configured firewall rules and specific cache instructions, both malicious traffic and legit requests overloading my servers drops even further. The API integration also allows me to add firewall rules based on alerts about malicious activity that I receive from things like fail2ban on my servers. This pushes the IP blocking one step further away from a single server and also protects my entire network of servers and sites from a malicious IP that has triggered a report from one server/site in the newtork.

Pros:

Really fast updates to zone records Amazing firewall and DDOS protection keep server load under control Edge cache speeds TTFB and keeps origin server bandwidth low JS Workers are AWESOME and come with a great free tier Great admin UI

Cons:

I exclusively use the free tier for 40 domains and I really can't think of a single thing that CloudFlare could offer at this price that I could reasonably expect to get for free. I would be sunk without the free tier and am totally grateful for all they offer.

Hannah
Hannah
Principal CEO in US
Graphic Design Software, 11–50 Employees

The best tool for web page security

Comments: Thanks to Cloudflare we have excellent security on the web pages, it works great and it is very easy to use it, the interface is excellent and easy to understand, totally happy with the results offered by this tool. and I would recommend to other people who use this service, since I use it there is excellent security and I can say that it is the best platform of this style and type that is why it is so successful and people use it.

Pros:

It is a security tool for all the web pages that we manage, it offers excellent security and it offers free SSL certificate which is important so that each website visitor feels security and tranquility, also helps against DDOS attacks in an impressive way and is One of its strengths for which Cloudflare is known, its way of configuring is easy and the interface is simple and easy to handle. In addition to this it also has very good free options that all users can use.

Cons:

I really have no complaints or I see significant problems, There are more solutions and utilities that Cloudflare gives than the problems that may arise in certain situations, if there is something to mention and that is when changing a configuration; these changes may take time to make, but basically it does not represent major problems since it is a safe and reliable tool that we can trust and ensure our safety.

Rebecca
Software Development Engineer in US
Information Technology & Services, 51–200 Employees

Excellent software to accelerate the response of our website

Comments: This software is really useful since thanks to it we can provide our audience with a website or applications that are always available, that is, no matter where you are entering, you can always enter the website quickly because the workload is distributed on several servers, also the entry will always be safe because Cloudflare also stops those attacks that may impair the performance of that site.

Pros:

I like Cloudflare a lot because it is a software that helps to accelerate the responses given by websites or applications so that when a visitor enters the site they do not have to go through a slow process to access them, and this is because It gives us balanced loads so that it is not a single server that carries out the work but is distributed on several servers, in addition to providing fast websites it is also able to protect them against threats and bots so before these attacks come and this software has stopped them and the best thing is that it not only protects our website but also its visitors as it sends them alerts that let them know that they are entering from an already infected computer so the easiest way to to avoid that is that he asks that they carry out a captcha.

Cons:

One of the drawbacks with this software is that when making changes to the website, such changes may take time to be reflected since this software saves the content in a static way.

Andrew
President & CEO in US
Marketing & Advertising, 2–10 Employees

Cloudflare is a “must have”

Comments: I’ve been using website caching providers for about 7 years now, and switched to Cloudflare about 4 years ago. I have not once looked back. For the money, CloudFlare is by far the best caching solution on the market. I use it on two websites, each with different needs, and am able to achieve very affordably what would have been a pretty expensive configuration a decade ago. The automation in CloudFlare makes it simple for anybody to use them. I have a technical background, but many of my clients don’t, and I’m able to walk them through getting set up and running with CloudFlare with very short order. I see myself being a CloudFlare customer for years to come.

Pros:

The Cloudflare interface is intuitive and the software is extremely simple to use. The “set it and forget it” functionality is amazing, as it serves very much as an autonomous coaching solution once properly configured. Sure, you’ll need to tweak it from time to time as your website needs change, but that process is inviting and easy, even for people with less technical background. I also love the value that you get in even the lower-tiered price points. The DNS management is a huge bonus as well.

Cons:

It’s hard to say something bad about Cloudflare, but if I had to play devil’s advocate, I’d say that there are maybe a few features in the higher tier packages that I’d like to see in the entry level plan. Most users won’t feel this way though, as my particular needs are a little more specific than most.

Alex
Alex
Front End Developer in US

All in One Solution for Website Speed and Security

Pros:

The best feature about this software, in my opinion, is their trade marked Javascript delivery optimization mode: Rocket Loader. This feature enables asynchronous loading of all third party scripts loaded on your web page, drastically increase page load times. Our team enables this feature on each of our client's websites and always results in at least a 10% difference in page speed scores. Another feature that our company could certainly not live without is their dead simple firewall rule integration. A large majority of our clients only accept work locally or nationally, so any traffic coming from international sources is more than likely visiting with malicious intent. The country blocking feature in the firewall integration allows us to block this likely malicious traffic and decrease the odds of any security breaches into our client's sites.

Cons:

The only annoyance I had while using this software was the 30 second delay when clearing the server cache. This is a very small issue since 30 seconds is certainly not a long time, but my patience is not great when attempting to debug or optimize page speeds. This problem can be solved by turning development mode on, but when this feature is on all optimization features are disabled, so optimizing page speeds is not possible.

Rick
Rick
Senior Engineer: Rocket Motors and Warheads in South Africa

Cloudflare took my site from Google Page Speed Score from 56/100 to 88/100 within a day!

Comments: My website's increase in speed was phenomenal. With the absolute minimal changes to my website configuration (I just added an optional plugin), and changes to my DNS settings, I was able to take my Google Page Speed Score from a 56 to an 88 within 24 hours. This is very good for SEO and page ranking, which was really amazing.

Pros:

Cloudflare works seamlessly in the background, without having to do very much configuration. After the initial DNS setup, plugin setup on WordPress, and Configuration Wizard on Cloudflare, the process runs itself. I was amazed that a CDN could speed my website up as much as it did. I am now able to handle much larger volumes of traffic thanks to this. The protection from DDOS attacks is a definite added bonus, not that I have seen this used on my sites yet.

Cons:

The initial setup and propagation of DNS settings across the web makes for a few a small bit of downtime during the first day, but this is most likely a function of how the internet works, and not the actual software

Christopher
CEO in US
Broadcast Media, 2–10 Employees

My review of Cloudflare.

Comments: My overall experience is I found Cloudflare great for what my company has to do.

Pros:

Cloudflare DDoS protection is one of my favorites since it works in unison with other clouds' WAF and bot control services to defend our resources from all types of intrusions, keeping us safe all the time. The CDN increases website performance, especially on mobile devices, and its WAF capabilities enable us to block locations where we have no clients or company branches. It's easy to set up and operate, and its expanded security and speed optimization capabilities make it a great CDN for any site we create.

Cons:

Its commercial plans are costly, although it does offer a free package with limited capacity that is unsuitable for large organizations. I'm not happy with their customer service because they never respond soon enough to help us with problems.

Web Developer in US
Marketing & Advertising, Self Employed

Cloudflare makes managing multiple sites a breeze

Comments: Cloudflare has been a pivotal tool in helping me rebuild a client's website on a dev server and then quickly moving the new site live. It has changed that switchover from what was once a pain point to a simple copy and past of the new IP address.

Pros:

Cloudflare makes it a snap to update DNS settings without the wait associated with other solutions. I can move a site to. new server or set-up a new subdomain instantly

Cons:

The basic and most important features are affordable but the costs seem to escalate quickly at a certain point

O. Kelvin
O. Kelvin
Copywriter in Nigeria
Internet, 201–500 Employees

Top Service For SSL

Comments: Makes installing SSL certificate for my websites easy.

Pros:

These days websites with no SSL certificate installed scare users. Google Chrome displays the scary message "website not secure" to users immediately they land on your website, this is a big red flag. As a website owner, you can't ignore SSL certificate for your website, and Cloudflare helps you with that. At a time, I was struggling with installing an SSL certificate for my blog, almost paid huge amount to someone who promised to save my blog, I had to pause for a moment, went online for solution and cloudflare saved the day. There are videos on YouTube that can show you how to use it. It's just a matter of changing your name servers to the that of Cloudflare.

Cons:

None, but it was hard at first, but now I even use it for my clients.

Dominik
Student in Croatia
Information Technology & Services, 5,001–10,000 Employees

Free CDN that you should be using!

Comments: If you have high bandwidth costs you can cut them at least by half because if you properly set Cloudflare to cache everything, your website will be served from their edge servers which are closest to the client and that leads to super speedy websites for the client which is what we all want when building websites. I need to mention also that their documentation is really good and all the problems I had I successfully fixed by myself and when you need support they are always available by ticket system or even by phone.

Pros:

What I love about Cloudflare is that it is a very versatile piece of art which works incredibly with all my websites. I have a small blog and have been using Cloudflare for a few years. I help me speed up my site and block malicious bots trying to log in or any other attackers. It also has included a web firewall which is great. If you need per page customization of their settings you can always use page rules or even add apps to your website which extend functionality. It really has a lot to offer for a free price.

Cons:

I don't like that their free plan is somehow limited but that is normal in the business world. If you have special needs you will certainly need to pay a few additional page rules or even pro package which is not so expensive but gives an extra few features like image optimization and several options to even speed up your website more. Sometimes it can actually slow down your website because of all additional code added but that is rarely a case and probably is a result of bad theme or bad programming practice.

Anders
Anders
CTO in Sweden
Food & Beverages, 11–50 Employees

Cloudflare, security and performance deluxe

Comments: Cloudflare is many things. It gives us CDN functionality, reverse proxy, web application firewall and great flexibility when exposing applications over the internet. It boosts security to enterprise-grade with a very decent price model.

Pros:

Easy to get started, offers a wide range of features for both security and performance for our applications. Works great with other cloud providers since Cloudflare is based on DNS.

Cons:

There are some settings that can be a bit tricky to find and understand, but there is a great knowledgebase.