15 years of helping Indian businesses

About Clover

An all-in-one point-of-sale & payments system, Clover integrates the functions of a cash register, card payment terminal, & POS system.

Learn more about Clover

Pros:

We loved using the Clover system for a recent event. It was very easy to use and navigation-friendly.

Cons:

They cost to much they lied about the monthly payment.

Clover ratings

4.0
Customer Service Software
3.3
3.8
3.4

6.5/10

Clover has an overall rating of 3.9 out 5 stars based on 480 user reviews on Capterra.

Have you used Clover before?

Kirk
Kirk
CEO in US
Consumer Services, 2–10 Employees

ANGEL security was awesome!!!!!

Comments: over all very pleased!!!!!!! except the updating part!!! very stressful !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! every year!! like taking a major exam!! each year they ask for updates and each year it is more technical, and extreme even with some savy computer people like applying for a bar exam to be a lawyer!!

Pros:

the ease to process payments and the response entering to the bank account

Cons:

the high fees!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and the updating every so many months!! keeps on changing!! very stressful!!!!!! does not always benefit clients!! like taking a Bar Exam!! or applying for a mortgage !!!!!!

Sabrina
General Manager in US
Transportation/Trucking/Railroad, 51–200 Employees

We needed an upgrade from QBM.

Comments: We love the web-based back office. Checking sales from my phone and being able to check orders in real-time has been the best management tool.

Pros:

Plug and pay. Clover really is, "plug and pay" we were able to start using it as soon as the machines arrived. We also were able to get a replacement register drawer quickly when one just stopped working.

Cons:

Our menu was not completely programmed when the machines were sent this was a bit of a hassle. After some back and forth we were somewhat satisfied with the items programmed and we could take it from there.

Grace
Owner in Canada
Consumer Services, 2–10 Employees

Very poor service and very confused company, no secure for your money.

2.0 2 months ago New

Comments: Very frustrating experience, customer service department has no idea what to do, managers say things and never do it.

Pros:

Nothing for comment, poor customer service no one is responding.

Cons:

Nothing to say like them, it was nightmare with this company. Every day have to check bank statement make sure they deposit money and not stealing money.

Thomas
Retail, 2–10 Employees

The crash of Clover

Comments: I’m a month pass our warranty and because of their crash I end up having to pay over $300 to replace a piece of equipment

Pros:

A piece of equipment failed because of their crash and unable to use the system basically out of business until it is fixed and I had to pay for it. It’s been over a week already looks like another week.

Cons:

Very unreliable I had a business you better have a back up system like Square and an iPad and a cash register

Sable
Salon Owner Educator in US
Health, Wellness & Fitness, Self Employed

My Clover Review & Experience

Pros:

I liked the POS system however it has a learning curve. After playing around with it for a couple weeks I was able to better navigate the device. It was a very easy setup.

Cons:

Not what I thought it was going to be like. I was not informed of the additional charges and App Store fee. It was difficult to integrate online booking and salon management with this system. I ultimately had to change. I think it is a wonderful system for maybe a restaurant or other type of business not for salons or spas - in my opinion.

Construction software, 2–10 Employees

Save your money

3.0 4 weeks ago New

Pros:

The initial implementation was relatively easy.

Cons:

Statements were challenging to reconcile. Customer Service should be referred to as Customer Dis-service.

Jodi
Medspa Manager in US
Medical Practice, 2–10 Employees

Great payment processing device

Comments: Clover payment system has been really great for our spa. Really easy to run transactions, reports or refunds. The customer service has been knowledgeable and super friendly when we have had any issues.

Pros:

It’s is super easy to take and track transactions. Has report capabilities And many functions. It is super easy to use. I have two different clover devices for different providers and they are all great.

Cons:

The software itself is wonderful. The only issue I have is with the flex portable device on/off button. It is on the side and client constantly hit the button when they are picking up to sign for a transaction. The button should be on back underneath where it can’t be accidentally touched.

Yousef
Yousef
Health, Wellness & Fitness, 2–10 Employees

Horrible!!!! Do not use!!!!

Comments: Horrible. Will never use or refer to anyone

Pros:

Nothing at all. They shut down my account without any notice.

Cons:

Customer service, service itself, sales representative

Lori
Environmental Services, 2–10 Employees

I've tried others. Clover made the cut!!

Comments: Almost a year now and I am happy with Clover. I depend on it daily.

Pros:

Clover is the easiest to use, most dependable, most reliable POS application out of all I have tried. US based support and competitive pricing.

Cons:

They take the fee out after the deposit instead of before like most of the others do.

Joel
Pastor in Canada
Religious Institutions, 2–10 Employees

Best Payment processing service for Non-Profits

5.0 2 months ago New

Comments: My overall experience was very positive.

Pros:

I like Clover's discount for non-profit institutions like ours. We got the POS system on a 50% discount and they waived the monthly fees. We only have to pay fees per transaction.

Cons:

While we do not have to pay a monthly fee, we do have to pay $0.10 per debit transaction. This was higher than compared debit companies, but in the long run it will still be worth the amount we use it.

Ziyad
Food & Beverages, 11–50 Employees

Don't judge a book by its cover! Looks great at first glance, wait until you use it

Comments: HORRIBLE, once I onboarded my merchant who sold the thing to me has not been able to do a single thing for me and always tells me to talk to Clover support. When you call clover support you spend a minimum of 30 minutes - 2 or 3 hours between getting bounced around, and people not being able to help. Once I called and they literally sent me back and forth between two departments twice that I had to yell at the last lady even though it wasn't her fault.

Pros:

The hardware is nice and integration with Homebase (our scheduling software). The question was about software and I mentioned the hardware because honestly its probably the only good thing -ok they have good integrations in their marketplace as well, there are a lot -its fast

Cons:

-NO ABILITY TO GENERATE A SHIFT REPORT FOR AN EMPLOYEE THAT SHOWS HOW MUCH CASH THEY COLLECTED MINUS PAYOUTS... I can't believe it -Terrible customer service!! -When you receive your payments, it comes minus the days fees and their merchant statements don't match the deposits. You will never be able to reconcile, they are probably stealing. -REPORTING IS SO BAD! It looks good at first glance, once you start trying to go into detail, or if you want to look at your quarterly sales you end up having to download an excel and manipulate the data yourself -NO ABILITY TO DO TAX-INCLUSIVE sales. I can't believe they have a presence in Europe... I live in the US and I hate dealing with coins, I don't want to sell items with tax-exclusive, I like to have flat dollar amounts. You can't with them -theres much more but I'm not gonna sit here all day, this should be enough to deter you

Brian

No support, at all.

Comments: Terrible. 25% of the time iy works great....but the 75% it runs terribly. And if I choose to call them about a problem, I will be on the phone for a hour or longer, every time!

Pros:

It looks modern, but it doesn't function like they said it will.

Cons:

Deleting whole orders. Combining tables without approval. Running credit cards for the whole order, it chooses to run for half or some random total...but not what it says! Beyond frustrated with this pos.

Carol
Retail

Clover not a choice for retail, very misrepresented and pricey

Pros:

There is absolutely nothing that I like about this product except maybe the appearance and not too bad adding in stock that is already in the system.

Cons:

This is marketed as a state of the art POS system with added capabilities through apps. However the base system is so limited that i would not even consider it a POS system, but more of an expensive payment processor. I had researched retail systems and most have lots of features and capabilities such as accepting unlimited bar codes, include a wide variety of detailed reports, inventory management including tracking of stock, re-orders, keeping track of back orders, client records, all kinds of very basic needs to a retail store. When the bank presented this system, I asked very specifically about its capabilities and gave very clear information on what I needed in a system. The rep assured me that it not only did all of the basics that I needed, but it also had apps that were available for customizing and expanding , such as going into also having an online sales presence. So, I feel it was either deliberately misrepresented or the rep is not trained at all on what the system offers and did not feel it important enough to get valid answers. The basic system does not even include basic necessary functions for retail. 1) it has a 15,000 bar code limit, plus other limits for categories and modifiers. - Their solution is for you to create new bar codes per item and just use the modifiers and what not to make up for it - however the modifiers and such also have limits. 2) it does not allow more than one wholesale cost per bar code. So if you obtain stock at differing prices due to seasons, volume, clearance, or price increases - the new prices over writes the original price put in. There is no way to have different cost for the same item. So again their suggestion is creating new bar codes for new pricing or to have a separate system for tracking cost of goods. 3) The reports are nominal. They look like ticker tape reports. No report gives information usable for a purchase order. I made the categories my suppliers so I could easily use the category report to reorder sold products, but the product and bar codes are not part of the report, so the only indicator of which item it is is the description and price. There are also few types of reports available compared to other systems I had looked at. 4) There is no purchase order capability in the base system, so also no way to track orders, back orders or way to easily know what to even order from sales or stock quantities. 5) I have had multiple times where items are put into inventory only to have them not show up when scanned at the register. Part of the time, I will go into the inventory app later and find the item with all of the necessary info there, but for some reason it is not getting picked up by the register app. Other times it isn't there and even after going back and re-entering again, I still have same problem, so I have resorted to running these items as a customer item which has further screwed up the accuracy of my inventory. 6) Due to various glitches (items not showing up in or possibly not even being subtracted properly from inventory) my inventory is nowhere close to accurate and at some point will have to be fixed. 7) To order or check inventory has to be done almost exclusively by physically going through my store to see what truly is in the store and what is needed and then typing up an order or report from that. 8) new inventory is all added manually rather than the scanner adding into the inventory app. So if you have two on the shelf, but two more you add it to make now 4. There is nothing that shows you who or what manually added or subtracted from the inventory app or when. You can assign specific access to specific functions, but I have found no oversight at all, there is no way to see what they are actually doing besides their name by the transaction they oversaw at the register. This is only the beginning of what this system lacks. 9) The only way to make up for these shortfalls is through the app store (which they had told me was for customizing, expansive needs - not basic functions). I still have yet to see anything that really covers everything this system lacks and each app costs monthly and I could easily be spending somewhere between $99 and $250/ month on an app - and its a thrid party app, that though approved, is not guaranteed, and then it is more customer service reps to deal with. I have been unable to get any decent or helpful responses from customer service reps just with the system itself - can't imagine what it would be like with glitches between apps and the system.On top of all of what the system does not do, I got mine though a lease which is way more expensive then it was presented to be, and the lease is "iron clad, unbreakable" with no guarantee the system works for my situation. I have taken it to corporate level and the best I have gotten so far is an apology that I have been inconvenienced but still denying me the ability to get out of the lease. This is so non-functional for a dance store with lots of shoes, that I will have to get another system while paying for this one while I fight to get it resolved. The only reason I leased this system was the answers given to me bto very thorough questions and it was 100% misrepresented. I hate dealing with tech anything by phone and it looked like a simple solution - on the ground set up and my bank, merchant services, POS all basically through the same place. What a disaster it has been. Has made everything more time consuming then if I had just had a basic old fashioned register and done books handwritten and not had to spend so much. The purpose of the point of sale system was to simplify book keeping and have all of the inventory, purchase orders, client info, etc. all in one system. This does absolutely nothing well except possibly process the payments - at what is seeming like pretty high fees.

Jeanine
owner in US
Retail, 2–10 Employees

DO NOT BUY A CLOVER DEVICE UNTIL YOU READ THIS REVIEW.

Comments: Everyone passes the buck. When you call Clover they tell you to call the app maker. You call the app maker and they tell you to call Clover. If you call your bank that you bought the system from, they tell you to call Clover. Everyone is "sorry" but no one can fix the issue or can offer an alternative.

Pros:

There is nothing I like about my Clover device other than the price labels it can print for my products, BUT, that is an additional app you have to pay for and an additional piece of equipment you have to buy, which the rep told me was all included. I have to pay a monthly fee to be able to print price tags, he said that was also included.

Cons:

1)Don't get too excited about all the apps they offer! They all cost money (if you want the version that actually does more than the basics) and NONE OF THE THIRD PARTY APPS WORK WITH EACH OTHER!!! So, you may download the rewards app and an invoicing app. Because they don't work together, the customer will never get credit for any of their rewards, etc.. 2) Technical support always says they will call you back but they NEVER do 3)Your system comes with minimal capabilities. Think of it as a calculator that can process payments. 4) Sometimes it keeps accurate inventory counts, sometimes it doesn't. 5) When entering inventory, it frequently saves an item twice. You may enter an item with a quantity of 6. Clover enters the item twice, now you have the item at 12!

Emese
Company Director in UK
Medical Practice, Self Employed

AVOID this company

Comments: AVOID!!! This company is just after to rip you off! I signed up after using online payments only before and was completely clueless. They offered me much better rates compared to the smaller companies which didn't lock you in a contract but seemed worth while. As soon as I signed up, my account manager, [sensitive content hidden], "vanished". Turned out she left the company so I ended up having to call to figure out most things by myself. I wouldn't have minded, but within the first 16 months they put my rates up... I coped with that but then received another letter saying my rates will go up again, so I had enough. I contacted Worldpay and they offered much better rates. So then I contacted Clover to say I was to cancel, they said ok, just send an email with certain details to this and that email. They didn't mention there was any charges for it but I was with them for over over 2 years so assumed giving them the 30 days notice will be enough. A few days later got an email from them saying click on this form to proceed with your account closure - and there they were to charge me £120 for "early termination" and also added an extra £15 for a month lease. I mean wtf?? I called them up to complain and then received an email saying it could take them 8!!! weeks to respond. Now 3 weeks later nothing. I cancelled all my direct debits though so they can't just put random charges on my account. Disgraceful service!

Pros:

Nothing. There is nothing positive about them

Cons:

Charges increase and they are penalise you to wanting to leave.

Jeremy
Manager in Canada
Restaurants, 11–50 Employees

Easy to implement and maintain - loaded with great features!

Comments: Quick customer service, and a excellent interface, clover make POS a great option.

Pros:

Easy to learn and use, with great ability to track inventory and customers.

Cons:

The clover monthly pricing nearly doubled in the span of a month, backing out cafe into a corner. I’m still frustrated to be paying for the same features with a $50/month increase.

Lawrence
GM in US
Wholesale, 51–200 Employees

Comments: Trying to get the original set up support is terrible. You will spend hours on the phone on hold, then transferred to another line to start over waiting, only to be dropped and start over. I have had this experience every time we reactivate our machines. Billing is another issue. We use these on a seasonal and reactivation is a nightmare.

Pros:

Nice user friendly once up and running.

Cons:

Inventory is hard to duplicate in all machines. When you download the template it has several errors when importing.

Simon
Owner in Canada
Food Production, 11–50 Employees

Poor software and a false advertising to pull new customers.

Comments: Fun at first, but slowly becoming the worst experience I have ever had with a POS system.

Pros:

Nice clean design. Lots of promises that weren't met.

Cons:

Their customer service will inform you that they will not give you new terminals despite their failure to operate properly and regardless of their "hassle free exchange policy".Software glitches are abundant and rampant throughout the device. Chase systems although ugly were far more stable and reliable.

Chenna
CEO in US

Clover for restaurants

Comments: Excellent in every possible way conceivable. We didn't have any major challenges during the last 2+ years of the usage.

Pros:

Extremely easy to configure and change on the fly or on the internet, so, you don't have to be next to the machine to change or update anything. I can walk my Manager through this without any issues at all. The customer support is great. They are literally one call away. And anyone from the restaurant can call from the system, so, they don't have to provide any details on the account etc. Also, they can remotely log into the system directly and change things that we request, which is great, so, as a business owner I am not tied up to the system having to do everything myself.

Cons:

Some of the features need us to call the Clover Customer Support. Also, in the good old restaurant POS systems you can print the bill and the customer adds the tip manually on paper. Also, the system automatically prints Receipts even though we touch the No Receipt Printed option. They need to fix that to avoid the waste of paper.

Kelly
Barista/Cashier in US
Food & Beverages, 2–10 Employees

Ideal POS system for a food truck.

Comments: Overall a very positive experience! Great for foodservice and customer support has been able to quickly resolve issues whenever they came up.

Pros:

The interface is clear, easily navigated and very editable to meet your needs. This has been ideal for our coffee truck that enjoys making custom, often complicated orders.

Cons:

"Waking up" the system is a slow process, often takes us somewhere between 5 to 10 minutes every morning. Most days we have to do a full reboot in order to get things operational.

Morgan
Retail, Self Employed

no! D O N T even try to use this product/service.

Comments: EXTREMELY POOR. I did everything I could to get the needed support and assistance, and NO ONE was available or able to assist. After several attempts, the BBB will receive the final review and complaint.

Pros:

It seemed promising, but nothing was as it seemed at the time of purchase.

Cons:

No Customer service, or support.Unable to contact anyone associated with the company.Repeat billing for services and equipment MONTHS after closing account. No way to fix this situation since no one is at the company working.WOULD NEVER RECOMMEND to anyone outside restaurants.The equipment is account, and sales person proprietary...if you would like to sell it or pass it forward to another business person, that is a WASTE of TIME: It is not allowed since your equipment and services are linked to the original sales person only and are not transferable.

Brianna
Assistant in US

Great but has limitations

Comments: Overall, it’s been really great. Whenever we have issues, clover is usually able to solve it. Their customer service has been wonderful; they take time to understand issues and make notes for their software engineers when there’s a bug.

Pros:

Easy to use; intuitive layout. The report overview can show sales by-the-hour which is helpful for planning. The add-on apps have been working well; Menufy & the inventory audit are great. The inventory audit add on also has a downloadable app which has significantly streamlined our inventory process. Great customer service-they are able and willing to help fix any issues that come up.

Cons:

The hardware can be glitchy. 2 examples: (1) the station will start clicking buttons randomly and sometimes this can only be stopped by restarting the machine. (2) the biometric finger print sign in will crash about 50% of the time when trying to add new employees. The reports could be more customizable and the filters could be more detailed. It would be nice if the whole thing was able to be customized to fit our unique needs, but for the price it works well enough.

Molly
Molly
Tasting Rooms Directory in US
Wine & Spirits, 51–200 Employees

Bad functioning, terrible customer support, too many problems for the price.

Comments: Clover is a mid-range to expensive POS system that is definitely not worth the money. I wish we had stuck with Square that can communicate between both of our locations, share inventory, run a functioning website and has an accessible online dashboard.

Pros:

Somewhat easy to set up, and credit card processing did cut costs from our prior POS system. You pay for the look of the stations, the swivel can only make up for so many problems- in this case I'll be switching back to Square.

Cons:

I've had every problem in the book with this software. I've been shut out and had to factory reset my stations, had all data and inventory erased. I've had to plug in ethernet cables every week because they Wifi is not compatible, and have had to reset admin profiles due to shut out. Me and customer service have had at least 20 calls, and most problems never seem to be resolved in the end. Of course it's not their fault, but there is only the option of getting a call, you can't email, or chat with anyone online, and some poor person in India is trying to figure out what is on your screen when the technology is going wrong.

mark
manager in US
Food & Beverages, 2–10 Employees

crayola mode

Comments: Pretty average to bad. Crappy hold times incompetent customer service reps..... Meh

Pros:

It was here when I started. Was ok but now nearly not functional

Cons:

Bad interference that changes with updates and hides needed functions. Completely different look that makes it hard to use.

Yessenia
Manager in US
Restaurants, 11–50 Employees

Excellent POS System for any business!

Comments: Overall it is a great pos system!

Pros:

When we change to clover, we thought it was going to be difficult for us to learn how to use it. We were wrong it, was really easy to use and install. One of the things I love about it is, that I can add products remotely on the inventory. I can also verify the transaction remotely from my pc or my phone. The customer support is great, they immediately call back when you contact them for any problem you have with the machine, transactions, or any question you have. You can also add more features to your pos because they have a app store, which let's you add online orders, id verification, etc.

Cons:

Our business is a grocery store and restaurant, so we have the ebt program for the grocery store. It would be great if the clover machine with detect which items are ebt and which aren't ebt elegible. That way we wouldn't have to do 2 different transactions, because it does take more time for cashiers to charge what the customer is buying.