15 years of helping Indian businesses

About Wix

Create, manage and grow your online presence for your business, blog, store and more with Wix’s intuitive website creation platform.

Learn more about Wix

Pros:

Lots of great features: great design tools, great templates, beautiful fonts, and easy to drag and drop functions.

Cons:

Absolutely awful customer service and support when things go wrong (which they do, daily).

Wix ratings

4.4
Customer Service Software
4.2
4.2
4.3

8.1/10

Wix has an overall rating of 4.4 out 5 stars based on 9,451 user reviews on Capterra.

Have you used Wix before?

Filter reviews (9,451)

Amber
Amber
Events Services, Self Employed

Wix makes it easy

5.0 3 weeks ago New

Comments: I really like Wix. I have no major concerns are problems. I probably could spend a little more time figuring out what's available in the platform.

Pros:

I love that Wix makes getting a site up and running easy. I don't have to worry about the site crashing or not having direct access to jump in and change things when needed. As a small business owner, things are always changing so It's important to be able to pivot quickly. I also love sending the e-mails out of the same program. Makes life easier.

Cons:

Some of the templates and structure to get things formatted correctly can be a struggle at times but I get there eventually. I'm not a skilled designer so this might be part of my problem. The other is the extra fees for everything. Want to send out more e-mails, that's a fee, want to set up g-mail in the program, that's a fee. And the price increasing every year when they are giving out 50% discounts. But, as a business owner, I get why. No big. I'm still here and happy to pay the fee.

Nicole
Owner in France
Design, Self Employed

Easy to use While Retaining the Flexibility to Grow Into

4.0 3 weeks ago New

Comments: Overall, WIX is my preferred platform to build as I value empowering my clients to learn how to manage their own websites for basic upkeep. WIX is easy to teach clients how to use and is very affordable. I also appreciate that WIX allows you to create your website on the free account so that my clients don't need to feel rushed in learning how to use the platform before paying for it (unlike other platforms that only offer 2 week trials). By far, best customer service out there.

Pros:

By far the biggest selling feature for me with WIX is their customer service. By far the best, most responsive and ready-to-help team I've encountered. Every platform has it's glitches but at least WIX is always there to help. It's also one of the easier platforms to build a website on. Super user-friendly so that I can easily teach my clients how to use it. I also appreciate that WIX allows you to create your website on the free account so that my clients don't need to feel rushed in learning how to use the platform before paying for it (unlike other platforms that only offer 2 week trials). By far, best customer service out there. Finally, it's the best compromise for small businesses between where they are now (small or startup) and what they need to grow into.

Cons:

I does tend to glitch more often than I would like. However a quick refresh of the page usually fixes the issue. I also miss the old agency benefits account.

Andrea
Andrea
Copywriter + web designer in Canada
Design, Self Employed

Wix: Not as good as WordPress... arguably better than SquareSpace (that's right. I said it!)

Comments: I have designed two websites with Wix. I am extremely pleased with how one website looks and with the email campaigns that have been super easy to set up and send out. That client needed a beautiful site and email functionality. Wix was cost effective for this purpose and she is able to make minor changes even though she is not tech-savvy. My other client needed shopping cart functionality and already had his site made at Wix. I made the site look nicer and loaded all of his items into the cart... but Wix could not handle the size of the store. The site works and looks great, but he had to use Shopify for his purposes. Overall, I choose WordPress because, as a designer, I need 100% functionality and the ability to do anything my clients need. Out of the box, Wix can't do some of these custom things. But I have no problem recommending Wix as the CMS to use when you are not a designer and you can't afford SquareSpace (nor should you use Squarespace because, despite SqSp marketing, a developer is required for simple changes). I am not a fan of Squarespace. So! Use Wix if WordPress is too big of a beast. :)

Pros:

Wix is easy to use. It is a WYSIWYG CMS that handles everything from design to email campaigns to shopping carts. It features a number of different styles of photo galleries and offers a large range of word processor-style copy options (compared to Squarespace). Dragging padding is easy, searching for high-quality photos and videos (provided by Wix) is easy. Font options are plenty. Wix allows you to upload your own photos, which are stored in an image gallery for easy selection throughout the design process (Squarespace does not have an image gallery which means you have to upload the same image multiple times whenever you need it which is extremely slow and frustrating). Changes can be made per item per section allowing 100% customization (Squarespace applies changes globally and code is required for per-item changes). Wix is closer to WordPress than SquareSpace when it comes to being able to do whatever you want to do to get things exactly as you want them without using code. Wix uses plugins for added functionality (Squarespace does not have plugins available). For a beginner, Wix is a great CMS.

Cons:

Wix is not WordPress. It is designed for beginners to make all of the basic things anyone needs as easy as drop and drag. But WordPress + Divi theme is the best choice if you aren't afraid of a little learning curve. Wix's shopping cart functionality is not powerful. I made a store with a few dozen choices that had a handful of options each. This crashed the cart. If you have a handful of items to sell, Wix would be fine. Otherwise, use Shopify.

Jeena
Apparel & Fashion, Self Employed

Customer support was timely and effective!

Pros:

Two things: 1. Straightforward and delightful to set up - I've enjoyed the product-led growth model with which Wix has led my onboarding and activation. I can see fellow entrepreneurs being able to set up and launch quickly with their websites with the modular and customized userflows. Thank you! 2. Superb Customer Support - I was having issues setting up my payment profile, and opted to chat with Customer Support late in the day (after 6pm PST). [sensitive content hidden] was so helpful in helping me understand the issue and putting into effect a resolution for my issue. Plus she gave me a tip that would be very useful to set up my store 'while you wait for the internal team to get the issue sorted'

Cons:

The template/store theme I'm currently using is quite slow in performance. But it's not terrible, just that the overall performance/speed of the pages slow down when I'm editing. I'll be more worried if the performance issues exist after I've published the site.

Robert
Food & Beverages, 11–50 Employees

Non-present to Real Time Presence

4.0 3 weeks ago New

Comments: We were able to recreate our website, improve it, and offer enhancements quickly and easily. Our need to book events and track ticket buyers is important to our identity. Events are an important revenue stream for us. We direct customers to the site for menu and beer options, what's happening and other specials. It is our source of truth.

Pros:

The ease of use. The content management capability and simplicity is what got my marketing and customer team on board and to adopt this as our primary web tool.

Cons:

It took a minute to figure out the add-on features, where they were and how to use them.

Gregor
Owner in Canada
Photography, 2–10 Employees

Is very nice for basic use

Comments: I tried to set it up and use it for some months only until I gave up and changed for word press that has much more add-ons and its much better supported and offers much more customization

Pros:

The basic templates are easy to use and have a very good look and feel

Cons:

When it comes to intermediate and advance features, it is very limited and hard to customize

Raven
Accounting Software, 2–10 Employees

Honest Review

Pros:

[sensitive content hidden], chat support, walked me through every step and took his time explaining what to do. I am very tech savy but had DNS error. His service affirmed how user friendly the service is for all levels. Wix is very user friendly to create a site that can make a small business like mine look global. I recommend it all the time.

Cons:

more discounts would be nice for repeat users or referrals

Amy
Education Management, Self Employed

Outstanding

5.0 last month New

Comments: My overall experience with Wix has been on point. The ability to create the website for my particular needs has been an amazing experience.

Pros:

The ability to develop my website. The guidance I have received has been helpful.

Cons:

Approval for payout takes too long. If I had known what forms I needed ahead of time, I could have had them ready.

Toshia
Cosmetics, Self Employed

Best website builder

5.0 3 weeks ago New

Comments: I love it it so easy to use and great website builder.

Pros:

I love how easy for beginners to use this product.

Cons:

Maybe the colors more customized in the themes.

Accounting Software, 2–10 Employees

wiz review

4.0 last month New

Comments: My overall experience has been great. I have learned so much about web design and how simple it can be.

Pros:

One thing I like about Wix is that it is very user friendly. The templates are high quality and easy to edit.

Cons:

The one thing I do not like is the pricing for domains. I used wix for some time before realizing the cost for original domains

Jordan
Jordan
Marketing Analytics Specialist in US
Marketing & Advertising, 51–200 Employees

Reliable Website Builder

Comments: We predominantly used Wix to spin up web templates for clients. It was always easy to train fellow co-workers on.

Pros:

There's a lot of decisions that we have to make in life. If you work in marketing, it's how to spin up a quick landing page with little to no front-end designing skills. Enter Wix, the reliable web template builder. Sure, if you want to curse yourself out for hours straight you can buy a Wordpress template and configure it. If you have a couple of extra bucks in your pocket you can use Square Space and use one of their cookie-cutter templates. I like Wix because it gets the job done without breaking the bank, while giving serval options on spinning up a new website layout.

Cons:

I've noticed the support isn't as robust as Square Space, but there's typically very little that I need support on.

Barb
Management Consulting, 2–10 Employees

Must Have for any Small to Medium Size Business

Comments: The savings is tremendous using the Wix software. I no longer need a custom programmer, and it saves my staff and I hours updating the web site. Their blog is very simple to set up and maintain - another plus for us as we use it on a daily basis. This software is a real time saver, the templates are professional and their support staff is very responsive and knowledgeable. I can't recommend this enough!

Pros:

Excellent user experience, get started in minutes - there is no ramp up time to use this software. They have a powerful drag and drop editor , and you don't need any coding skills although coding is an option for the experienced users - a plus for any business. Make changes, add or remove text boxes, buttons, videos and more – within only a few clicks. There are hundreds of templates to choose from or you can create your site from scratch. They have an extensive help center - you can find answers to any questions and their are videos showing how to use their system.

Cons:

Their SEO component is not as robust as it could be. While you can get the basics done, I struggled with trying to use advanced features and ended up using another program to do it.

Sarah
Online Media, Self Employed

Professional Websites for the Average Person

Comments: As a solopreneur, creating a website for my online business was important. When I realized how expensive it would be to hire a web designer, I knew I needed to figure it out on my own. Wix allowed me to do that.
I was surprised at how easy the drag and drop templates made it, and how simple it was to customize the templates. Often times you will be told "Don't use a template that everyone uses. But Wix allows you to take that templates and fully customize it to your brand.
To make it even better, the pricing for Wix Pro is perfect. It is significantly more affordable than going through a platform like GoDaddy, and 10x easier to use.

Pros:

My favorite thing about Wix are the drag and drop themes. Wix takes the website themes to the next level by allowing you to customize the template you have chosen.

Cons:

My least favorite thing about this platform is sometimes the web design platform is a pain. By this I mean, while creating your websites, you will run into times where layers of your design will become jumbled, or the overlapping overlays will make it difficult to access an element or text block you are trying to move. For this reason, it is important to save your website as a draft frequently while designing.

Diogo
Photographer in Brazil
Photography, Self Employed

It helped me to build a pro looking website

Comments: It helped me to step up and build a pro looking website. After a couple of years of use, I found better options to my business, but have recommended to a friend since.

Pros:

Wix is a versatile website builder, with lots of possibilities. You can build a website from scratch, organizing a main page, a blog and pretty much anything you may need. The templates also help you to have a starting point, but you can personalize most of it with what you want to communicate. If you follow the tips, you can boost your SEO, link it to facebook pixel and Google Analytics. Also, you can buy your domain together with their plan, which helps on saving time.

Cons:

There are many bugs on posting photographs, especially in the distance between each photo on blog posts. It is a small thing, but, since I'm a photographer, it was a lot of wasted time solving these design issues. Also, there were some limitations on the templates that didn't help on capturing leads or building landing pages.

WENDY
DIGITAL MARKETER in Malaysia
E-Learning, 2–10 Employees

User Friendly Website Builder

Comments: Overall , I am a happy Wix user so far.
Everything in WIX is a no-brainer. Even if you do, there's always a friendly help support team to ask around with. So, go ahead and try it out. Building a website wouldn't be a headache with WIX ;)

Pros:

I really like how versatile WIX is. You can basically be as creative as you want in building your own website. Even if you are not as creative , the beautiful templates given are enough to make you choose the perfect design. Or you can even let WIX to do the site building job for you as they have a very convenient and intelligent . Just answer a few questions and let Wix to start building your website. You just need to make some personal touch and that will be guided by Wix as well. I love the fact that there is a cropping tool which can really cut off your time if you're not a photoshop user. The tool gives you the simplest way to crop out background and saving you lots of time. Also, another thing to love is that how simple it is to integrate other software into wix . Even if you are from a zero coding background, integration becomes easy as ABC and that's no joke.

Cons:

I have to say that I didn't like the fact that most widgets added in Wix are some add on feature which require you sign up and pay. I have to say as convenient they are, the usage is quite limited and the price is somewhat expensive. For example, there is a limit for the forms and subscribers name lists . Hence, as a user, we have required to use 3rd party software to be integrated such as Zapier and Hubspot. I just realized that by using Wix as a website, it means that you are bound to use it for the rest of your life as you cannot transfer your site to some other site builders. It wouldnt be much of a big deal if you have already done it as the features in Wix are quite comprehensive and useful.

Pamela
Music, Self Employed

Amazing Website Functionality with Incredible Features

Comments: My overall experience with Wix has been a very positive one. Wix fills a unique niche in that it allows beginners to create a professional-looking website with little to no coding skills, yet has extremely advanced features that grow with you. From booking integration, to blog creation, menus to mobile device formatting customization, I really have not found any other platform that is so extensive in what it offers.

Pros:

Wix is one of the best website providers out there. The features are easy to start with, yet provide unprecedented opportunity for enhancement. Some of the advanced tools they provide such as databases, datasets, and dynamic pages, allow for templates to be created without manually copying each page. Wix has amazing music player integration, allowing composers and music artists to showcase and sell their work directly from their website. The apps, coding tools and new addition, called Velo, allow for infinite customization, making Wix a great choice for anyone who needs more than the basics.

Cons:

Overall, Wix is amazing and I have had very positive experiences using their platform. However there are a few areas for improvement. Wix is missing Apple Pay functionality at the moment. This drives customers to other platforms in order to fill this gap. Wix also has an amazing art store app with so much potential, however the company used for print fulfillment has received several less-than stellar reviews. I have also noticed that website speeds for Wix sites tend to be slightly slower than other companies. There are also several formatting glitches I have experienced with Wix, especially with page layout, but they seem to be short-lived. The limited social media share button customization in terms of color, shape and formatting can be frustrating for websites with a specific decor. Otherwise, my experience has been very positive.

Jennifer
President in US
Sports, 2–10 Employees

Fast and Easy

Comments: My overall experience with Wix has been extremely positive. My sites are put up and edited quickly, and can be completely overhauled and changed at any time. The drop and drag features make it a snap for novice users.

Pros:

I have three sites up and they are simple to build and edit. The software is terrific for small businesses that don't have an "IT" person on staff and need to get things updated quickly. There are plenty of options in terms of templates, fonts, buttons, graphics, and more.

Cons:

The only negative thing is having to purchase multiple custom emails. It's a bit pricey for small businesses. It would be nice if you received three emails as the standard purchase.

Brandon
Brandon
Owner in Canada
Motion Pictures & Film, 2–10 Employees

Wix a different platform that allos you to do more advancd customization

Comments: My overall experience is positive, I found support helpful when I've needed it, they have really good promo plans and that platform works well overall.

Pros:

I like that I don't have to just use templates and can make almost any type of design I want if I know how to either code or I can do a more experienced drag and drop with the advanced editor.

Cons:

My biggest flaw with Wix is that there is a lot of programs that can not implement with Wix because of no supp[ort on wixes end. This makes it a lot harder to implement systems that I like using and would prefer to use when searching for platforms such as rental systems, eCommerce, live chats.

shakeel
shakeel
IT Manager in Pakistan
Information Technology & Services, 11–50 Employees

Wix: world easiest drag-drop website builder

Comments: My overall experience with Wix has been positive. My expertise in website building is limited, but Wix made it easy for me. There are a lot of features I love about Wix, including e-commerce, multiple payment gateways integrations, and automation emails.

Pros:

Wix is best tool for quick starting web designing without coding. If you are an entrepreneur or a small business owner, you can build a website on a budget. Wix also offers paid and free plans with a lot of feathers, built-in templates, and SEO tools. There are all the features you need to build a simple, customizable, and pleasing website at first glance with this tool. Probably, the biggest reason people prefer Wix is the speed at which they can build a website and the ease at which they can update it.

Cons:

Compared to other platforms, Wix websites can sometimes appear less professional. Your website's user experience will be diminished when you build it with a DIY site builder, which can lead to lost customers and revenue. It is not good to use the free version of this platform because it contains a watermark.

Jyoti
Massage Therapist in US
Hospital & Health Care, Self Employed

Reliable and Relatively User-Friendly

Comments: Overall Wix has been a great asset. I went from using an expensive website designer to doing it all myself. Wix has been very reliable.

Pros:

Wix fairly easy to use, although there is a bit of a learning curve. It just takes time, so as long as you are willing to put the hours in, you can come up with a really good website design. It's well worth watching the Wix tutorials. They are well put together and easy to understand. Wix also does online classes covering various areas. I don't find these as useful. The presenters are obviously experts but are not necessarily great teachers. Mostly I find they try to include far too much information and deliver it too quickly. Wix has a large range of good, modern designs, with inbuilt SEO options that make building your own website pretty easy. I also like that there is an inbuilt mobile website version which you can preview as you go along.

Cons:

Wix also does online classes covering various areas. I don't find these particularly useful. The presenters are obviously experts but are not necessarily great teachers. Mostly I find they try to include far too much information and deliver it too quickly. Customer service is very response and has helped on a couple of occasions to quickly resolve an issue with the website's function. It does have some glitchy areas in the website builder, but I think if you follow the tutorials and use the recommended browsers they are less likely to be bothersome.

Michelle
Director, Marketing in US
Health, Wellness & Fitness, 2–10 Employees

Wix Enterprise is Best Bang for Buck

Comments: I've been using Wix for the past 10 years. I've used it to create sites for clients as well as in my full time job. I love the flexibility it gives the client to make changes after my project is complete.

Pros:

I love the ease of creating a new site. All the options are fabulous and I learn new features almost daily.

Cons:

I don't have any complaints. The product is absolutely wonderful to work with. I am a graphic designer so the wysiwyg is perfect....and I don't need to know html coding.

Ashley
Ashley
Agent Marketing Lead in US
Insurance Software, 201–500 Employees

Easy to use, has many great features, and reasonably priced.

Comments: Overall, I highly recommend this product. There are very few additions/changes that I would suggest. And again, the price is more than reasonable.

Pros:

Clean and user friendly interface for building from scratch or editing templates. Tons and tons of available options to choose from. (Colors, fonts, menus, etc.) Our websites don't look cookie cutter, they look custom built. Connecting your own domain is super easy! It takes only a few minutes and is up and working immediately. Access to all the features during building. Basically we can use all of the features (even if we have to upgrade to premium to use them live) so that I can be sure that we really do want to pay for those features. On eCommerce site we can sell physical items and digital files. Ability to make eCommerce site a members only site. Forms are easy to use. (They could be improved a little. See Cons section.) Can edit the mobile site and the desktop site independently of each other without edits on one being applied to the other. Prices are very reasonable. Overall, Wix has taken a massive amount of work off my shoulders and still produces high quality, custom looking websites.

Cons:

Google ad vouchers are a little misleading. They only apply to new Google Ads users. So we purchased an upgrade mainly to get the ad voucher and then read the fine print that said we couldn't use it because we have an existing account. Better options for reserving/booking. We rent out display items and really need a calendar that is accessible to users of our website so they can see when display items are available in their area and when they are checked out. Better options for customizing auto emails to those that place orders. The majority of the email is not editable and doesn't really fit our needs. More customization and ability to copy and paste forms. I built out a form and realized I had put it on the wrong page of the site. I was not able to move it from the current page to the correct page. I had to delete it and rebuild it on the correct page. I would also like to be able to store the forms so that I can use them on other sites rather than having to rebuild each time.

Nephi
Freelancer in Australia
Internet, Self Employed

The pro's and con's of using Wix as your website builder.

Comments: Decision: Is Wix A Good Buy? I think when you've arrived at this point, it will maybe be certain that I feel Wix that as a web designer, Wix is very great. It ticks off a ton of the right actually look at encloses its essential capacity (the versatile site manager is an incredible touch) and it is feasible to use to foster locales rapidly. What's more, there is extraordinary worth add too, with the additional elements and showcasing apparatuses. This is the sort of thing that would empower new site proprietors to broaden the range of their site further without managing an excess of specialized information or extra assets.

Pros:

Usability: Is it easy to use Wix? The Pro's Amazing drag and drop supervisor which is versatile to your degree of tech aptitude and web improvement information. The work process is exceptionally smooth and no coding abilities are required. Wix has a broad rundown of components permitting you to make changes, add or eliminate text boxes, lightboxes, buttons, recordings, and the sky is the limit from there – inside a couple of snaps. Very natural interface. Extra facilitating and space library administrations are given inside the Wix stage, making it an across-the-board answer for site creation. North of 180 million clients, from 80 nations, use Wix to develop their business for its exceptional effortlessness and usefulness.

Cons:

The Con's to using Wix. Premium Plans Are Single-Site Only Assuming you felt that paying an exceptional arrangement month-to-month expense would permit you unlimited admittance to Wix for every one of your destinations, reconsider. The superior highlights aren't adaptable, which means you purchase it for one site and it stays there! Envision what a bummer that would be, assuming all you needed was to connect Google Analytics? Something more to bite on. Plan & Pricing With five paid arrangement forms besides the free arrangement, it appears as though Wix has something for everybody. However, assuming that you're a major business and need something huge I propose you look carefully into the fine print before becoming tied up with the top-level arrangement. What I can't comprehend is that for every one of the apparatuses and elements Wix incorporates for nothing, it attempts to value itself similar as a web host does – by extra room, transfer speed, etc.

Management Consulting, Self Employed

A good all round web solution

Comments: I moved to Wix from another provider because it offered an all in one ecommerce solution at a reasonable price. It was easy to set up using the web templates which I then bespoked into the site I wanted. Wix offer different levels of packages and you can start your site at a low level and move up as your needs grown. They also offer regular deals to move to an annual package which is great once you are established

Pros:

The standard package gives you a great start to build a website and you can add on features that you want as your needs change. Integrates a CRM and email system into the package if needed. Face to face and online events are easy to set up. I use a separate domain provider and setting the DNS up was easy with the instructions provided by Wix SEO is easy to set up for the site and can be amended page by page if you need to They are quick with customer service and listen to users needs - when I started you couldn't schedule blogs but this was changed within a few months.

Cons:

It's easy to add on lots of extras and start to build up more expense before you need them. Best advice is to grown slowly and add on what you need when you need it. When I started you couldn't schedule blogs but this was changed within a few months.

Godswill
Godswill
Content Creator in Nigeria
Graphic Design Software, 11–50 Employees

Review for Wix.

Pros:

Wix is a popular web development platform that offers a range of features and tools that make it easy for users to create and manage professional-looking websites without the need for coding knowledge.Some users may appreciate Wix's user-friendly drag-and-drop interface, which allows them to easily add and customize various elements on their website. Others may find the platform's wide range of templates and design options useful for creating visually appealing websites that reflect their brand and style.In addition, Wix provides tools for SEO optimization, social media integration, and e-commerce functionality, which can be helpful for users who want to increase the visibility, reach, and sales of their website.Overall, Wix offers a comprehensive set of web development and management tools that can be useful for a variety of purposes.

Cons:

It is difficult to generalize about what I like or dislike about the software, as opinions and experiences can vary significantly from person to person. I had a positive experience with Wix based on the fact that I'm a designer and digital marketer, but others may have had negative experiences.One potential concern that some users may have about Wix is the cost of using the platform. While Wix offers a range of pricing plans, including a free option, some users may find that the cost of the paid plans is higher than they are willing to pay.Another potential concern is the limited flexibility of Wix's templates and design options. While Wix offers a wide range of templates and design options, some users may find that they are not able to customize their website as much as they would like, or that the templates do not meet their specific needs.