15 years of helping Indian businesses

Sage 50cloud Accounting Reviews

About Sage 50cloud Accounting

Complete, out-of-the-box-desktop accounting software, with secure cloud and mobile access, for small & medium sized businesses.

Learn more about Sage 50cloud Accounting

Pros:

Sage has been the bread and butter of accountants across the UK for many years. Once you have learned how to use it, it is easy to use.

Cons:

The initial set up and everyday use can be a little intimidating and aggravation.

Sage 50cloud Accounting ratings

3.8
Customer Service Software
3.5
3.7
3.5

6.7/10

Sage 50cloud Accounting has an overall rating of 3.9 out 5 stars based on 372 user reviews on Capterra.

Have you used Sage 50cloud Accounting before?

Jonathan
Jonathan
Head of Business Development in UK
Information Technology & Services, 2–10 Employees

Suberb Accounting Product for start ups/ SMEs

5.0 3 weeks ago New

Comments: Excellent product, great support, available to use anywhere
Highly recommended if you are looking for a blend of desktop/ cloud accounting experience.

Pros:

Ease of use Intuitive Great reporting suite Integrates easily into other applications Gives visibility into financial health and growth plans easily to allow us to focus on core business activities

Cons:

Need add-on's for customer management Need add-on's to get ready made dashboards and set kpi's

President in US
Information Technology & Services, Self Employed

Sage 50cloud - Good Small Business Accounting solution

Comments: Sage 50 cloud overall is packed with features to allow companies to managed their accounting needs from A/R to A/P, Inventory, Payroll, and even Job Costing. It is a versatile solution for business that have 1 user, all the way up to a business with 40 users.

Pros:

Sage 50 is rock-solid from an accounting perspective. It also has very good built-in reporting, as well as the ability to integrate with very customizable and advanced reporting tools

Cons:

It is not quite as user friendly for non-accounting professionals as other solutions, and the "cloud" functionality is not reliable.

RAEGAN
ACCOUNTANT in US
Accounting Software, 11–50 Employees

Would Not Recommend-Not Reliable

2.0 last month New

Pros:

I loved the thought of accessing my Sage 50 platform via the cloud services.

Cons:

This was not a reliable method of accessing Sage 50. It fails to load repeatedly and little help from customer service to resolve the issue.

Veronica
CFO in UK
Music, 11–50 Employees

Why I love Sage 50cloud Accounting

Comments: Sage 50cloud Accounting is very user friendly. I really like the look and feel of it and it is easy to navigate the various options.

Pros:

I love Sage 50cloud Accounting because its on the cloud and we can access it anywhere. We are a small business and it provides all the functionality we need to carry out our accounting needs.

Cons:

There is nothing I dislike about Sage 50cloud Accounting

Daniel
Accountant in Poland
Accounting Software, 2–10 Employees

Sage slowly catching up with Xero, QuickBooks and others

Comments: It is definitely getting better and better but still lagging behind Xero or QuickBooks

Pros:

It now does most, if not all of the things expected from online software for bookkeeping and accounts.

Cons:

The feel is still old fashioned, not very intuitive, though for people coming from desktop Sage this should not be a problem. Still not many apps link with Sage, compared to e.g. Xero

Dan
IT manager in UK
Environmental Services, 51–200 Employees

On premise title in a world of cloud-based products

Comments: It used to be the only game in town, but nowadays, it needs a true cloud-based version which it doesn't have.As an on-premise software, it worked ok before we moved to work from home as everyone was in the office, so the connection to the server was made over the local LAN. Once WFH started, we had to move and use Sage Drive, an internet-based sharing tool. The data get out of sync fairly quickly. We now moved to a hosted solution but still used Sage50 as it's the only tool that can get the job done for us with our unique setup.

Pros:

That it's the only financial package that can transfer cost codes to our CRM system.

Cons:

The clunky thin server is called SagDrive.SageDrive is a service that allows sharing between a server and terminals via one central point (hosted by Sage). It is slow and gets quickly out of sync with the sage server.

Mark
Director in UK
Nonprofit Organization Management, 11–50 Employees

Good but could be better

Comments: It does the job. Can be cumbersome at times. Lagging behind the competition.

Pros:

Customer support is great. Always get through to someone who can help solve issues.

Cons:

Playing a bad game of catch-up in terms of features and being cloud based.

Morna
Director in UK
Health, Wellness & Fitness, 2–10 Employees

Crucial for small businesses

Comments: This package is easy to use, so crucial in helping us keep track of our business performance and makes our finance so efficient and professional. Saves us loads of time too. Plus a great price for all that. As a small business we couldn't do without it.

Pros:

Despite our size, Sage really professionalises our finance. So easy to keep track of how we’re doing, cash flow, P&L at the touch of a button and Balance sheet. Couldn’t do without it.

Cons:

As a non finance person (but with a good level of knowledge) I find it difficult to understand the ‘how to’ articles from Sage when I need help.

Penny
Member in South Africa
Cosmetics, Self Employed

Sage 50 cloud accounting would highly recommend

5.0 3 weeks ago New

Comments: Very happy with the Sage platform, absolutely no reason to look at changing.

Pros:

Functionality, ease of use, annual licence fees are not expensive, customer service/assistance is great.

Cons:

You need to be extremely accurate in your loading of data, if batched and incorrect, you cannot go back and make any changes, you would need to do additional admin on new batches to rectify.

Kira
Executive Assistant in US
Real Estate, 2–10 Employees

Small Business Product Only

Comments: Overall we were not impressed with Sage as we became a mid-size company. Sage really only is useful for very small businesses.

Pros:

The pro of Sage is customization. You have the ability to customize everything you do which is good, but it can push the rules of accounting if you are not careful. I liked the ease of customization when it came to payroll.

Cons:

There were a lot of cons for Sage especially when it came to becoming a larger company. The manual process of all actions were very time consuming. Our cloud operations also never worked and their support team was unable to help us.

Oil & Energy, 11–50 Employees

An Excellent product for SMB

Pros:

Sage 50 is extremely easy to use and capable of adapting to most small to medium size business needs. Because Sage 50 has evolved there are also many partners available to help create custom reports, or extend the core functionality of Sage 50.

Cons:

Unfortunately, Sage 50 doesn't allow a lot of customization to workflows, data collection, etc. It also does not collect some key data that is imperative to doing business in today's age, such as Phone Numbers and Email Addresses when creating Quotes, Orders, and Purchases. This is critical data when working with customers. Sage 50 also limits the number of contacts associated with Customers and Vendors to 20? This isn't enough, and, why limit it?Lastly, Sage 50 offers a low Database Size before it becomes sluggish and somewhat unusable, forcing data purging.

Wilson
Electrical engineer in Uganda
Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing, 1,001–5,000 Employees

Streamline Your Finances with Sage 50cloud Accounting: A Comprehensive Review

Comments: Comprehensive accounting features: Sage 50cloud Accounting provides a range of accounting features, including invoicing, financial reporting, budgeting, and cash flow management. This makes it a complete accounting solution for small and medium-sized businesses.Cloud-based accessibility: Sage 50cloud Accounting is a cloud-based solution, which means that businesses can access their accounting data from anywhere, at any time. This allows for more flexibility and collaboration within the organization.Easy-to-use interface: Sage 50cloud Accounting has a user-friendly interface that is easy to navigate, even for those with little accounting experience. The software also includes tutorials and guides to help users get started.Customizable reports: Sage 50cloud Accounting allows users to create custom reports that are tailored to their specific needs. This makes it easier to analyze financial data and make informed decisions.

Pros:

Cons:

Cost: Sage 50cloud Accounting can be expensive, especially for smaller businesses. The cost may be prohibitive for businesses that are just starting out or have limited budgets.Limited customization: While Sage 50cloud Accounting offers some customization options, it may not be as customizable as other accounting software. This may limit some businesses' ability to tailor the software to their specific needs.Steep learning curve: Sage 50cloud Accounting can be complex, and there may be a learning curve for users who are not familiar with accounting software. The software includes tutorials and guides, but it may take some time to become proficient.Limited support: Some users have reported difficulty getting support from Sage, especially for technical issues. This can be frustrating for users who need assistance with the software.

Terry
Owner in US
Design, Self Employed

Horribly Expensive / Lousy Customer Support

Comments: They downloaded the cloud version a few years ago. The first thing it did you erase everything, and I lost everything. Thankfully I had a flash drive backup, but it would only work if I purchased the EXPENSIVE version, which locked me into the EXPENSIVE version from then on.

Pros:

I have used Sage for at least 20 years, going through I don't know how many name changes. Back when it was on a CD I didn't have a problem at all. At one time I had 2 stores and 8 employees. Now I am semi retired and work alone. It has served me well.

Cons:

Some where along the way THEY decided to upgrade me to a higher level version on the Cloud. I don't want the Cloud. But since they upgraded me to a very costly version, there is no way they can downgrade to a simple version. All I want is the simple Traditional version. In January I had to reinstall the software, which I did. My invoice says this subscription expires 04/04/2021. But they are now billing me $732.95 due 04/06/2020, saying the other invoice is not correct. Their customer support if Horrible, IF they actually ever call you back. And thy aren't there on weekends.

Andrew
Commercial Manager in UK
Construction software, 51–200 Employees

Easy to use and cost effective.

Comments: I have been using Sage 50 for the past 4 year and I am extremely satisfied with the results. The software is user-friendly and easy to navigate, which has made it easy for me to manage and keep track of key accounts, income and expenses (PO’s)One of the things I like most about Sage 50 is the customisable dashboard, which allows me to see all important information I want at a glance. I can also create custom reports and track any metric I wish which has been extremely helpful.The software also integrates seamlessly with other tools and platforms, which makes it easy to share data with other team members.Overall, I highly recommend Sage 50 for anyone in need of a reliable and efficient accounting software. It has made managing the financial side of business so much easier and has given me the peace of mind to focus on growing the business.

Pros:

Easy to integrate and set up, updates don’t have an effect on the business and haven’t ever been detrimental to the “Day to day running”. Ability to add users as required is massively beneficial, raising orders, invoices and managing accounts/debtors is so simple.

Cons:

The frequency which it can freeze by trying to cancel an action, is very poor. Surly “cancel” should do just that.

Amish
Accounting Manager in
Philanthropy, 51–200 Employees

Sage 50 Accounting

Comments: Sage 50 Accounting is ideal for the small business that is looking for a comprehensive, customizable core accounting solution that includes: A/P, A/R , well developedBilling, Invoicing, Inventory Management and Financial reporting. Sage 50 Accounting integration with Microsoft Excel, Outlook and PDF are some of its other features. Sage 50 Acwell-developed program that is great for the small business to keep their books organized. Sage 50 Accounting recognizes that small businesses may not need some of the more advanced features that some of its higher versions have. This is why Sage 50 features are pretty basic, providing support for tasks such as project management, costing, invoicing, reporting among others.

Pros:

Easy to Use. Ease of implementation. The flexibility of financial reporting. A functional software for small uncomplicated businesses. Integration with core Microsoft applications like Excel makes a good product for analytics export into a spreadsheet.

Cons:

It is very basic. And also does not have many capabilities. Finding Transactions can be a bit Tricky. Check printing has its own set of problem. Need to have a fair level of accounting knowledge to use it correctly.

Eric
Office Manager in US
Education Management, 11–50 Employees

Save yourself some frustration and don't waist your money

Comments: We have uses Peachtree/Sage 50 for 22+ years. The cost of use has grown exponentially and the service is useless. Its imposable to find a telephone number for support. They route all support to their automated chat system that has no comprehension of actual problems. So, after 25/30 minutes of arguing with a computer trying to get a "real person", you may or may not get connected. Then you have to reverify all the same info you just gave to "Pegg" the computer. Once you finally reach a real person for "support", they will send you a link to a help article that you have already googled and tried. That's all the support you get! Good luck fixing it yourself.

Pros:

Hard to say. Its too expensive. Support is useless. Has lots of technical glitches. Backup is unreliable.

Cons:

tech support! Free tech support is included with the subscription. But if you can't talk with a real person, what's the point? When you get a real person, they only send you a "help article" that you can google.

Jason
CPA, CA in
Accounting Software, 2–10 Employees

Used to be the standard for small business in Canada, but no longer.

Comments: I have recently discovered Xero and moved my accounting practice to this software. It is so simple with the convenience of being cloud-based. I now recommend Xero to my clients and given its simplicity (yet still very powerful) I can foresee clients taking charge of their own bookkeeping and getting rid of their existing bookkeepers.

Pros:

Sage 50 was the accounting program I used to recommend to all my small business clients. Stable program that has most of the simple functions needed for most small businesses. Most used small business accounting software among my clients and almost all bookkeepers in our area use and have experience working solely with Sage 50.

Cons:

It's not the most user-friendly program and has a reputation of being difficult for non-bookkeepers and bookkeepers alike to use properly. Sage has been slow to make it more user-friendly and were behind in moving to cloud options. Personal experience is Sage support is very slow to respond to queries.

Shelley
CPA in Canada
Accounting Software, Self Employed

SAGE 50 Rips you off

Comments: Horrible.

Cons:

Customer Service - When you cancel your subscription, they keep charging your credit card for Months! I've been charged for 6 months after I cancelled my subscription, I've called more than once, and they just keep charging. Very unprofessional, fraudulent behaviour in my opinion. Wouldn't recommend to anyone!

Christine
Accounts Manager in UK
Construction software, 11–50 Employees

My favourite accounting software by a clear mile - Sage is in its own league

Comments: I love using sage, i use daily in our business, if ever i need assistance from a Sage expert they are available by phone, online chat, or you can jump in daily webinars that run all day for a quick bit of help/ advice. I would never use a different accounts programme, sage has no limitations.

Pros:

Its so user friendly, its so easy to teach people how to use it when they are new to sage. It has an incredible amount of detail in its reporting features - it is very clever, it links with outlook - you can get very inexpensive add ons to aide with credit control. Its so cheap compared to other systems yet so much more efficient. Sage will always be in its own league when compared to others.

Cons:

I have no cons to report, I have found zero issues/ cons whilst working with it for over 10 years.

jscottu
Used the Software for: Not provided

Sage Peachtree is better...not easier

Comments: I have used both for several years. There is no question that Sage/Peachtree is not as "user-friendly" as Quickbooks...at least for the first month or two. But as you begin to actually understand accounting and your bookkeeping goes on and on you discover some very frightening things about Quickbooks. They put everything onto one, big, gigantic database-unlike almost every other accounting system in the world. That has several disadvantages but the biggest is why quickbooks has a nickname..."slowbooks". If you complain loudly enough they will recommend you "start over" after a year or two by opening a new company for the new year. Their constant ads are something you can live with. But what if you've had quickbooks for 4 or 5 years and you want to put it on another computer because your older computer blew up? Sorry. You'll have to get the latest version. At least with peachtree that is not an issue (if you saved all 3 of the registration numbers needed). My biggest complaint about quickbooks, though, is that it lets you do anything you want. That sounds good for somethings. It's not good for accounting. Peachtree makes it harder to go off track (although you can certainly mess up your peachtree books as well). Another thing I like about peachtree (for me) is that the fonts are bigger and they don't try to put everything on one page. Quickbooks has tiny font but you can certainly see lots of stuff on every page. I really dislike quickbooks reports which also have tiny fonts but that is personal preference.

Pros:

Usually lower in price. It doesn't try to hide the "debits and credits" as much as quickbooks does. In the long run that is a good thing. You will learn real accounting much quicker with peachtree than quickbooks (and you should learn it anyway).

Cons:

Peachtree is not as popular as quickbooks so there are not as many "3rd party add ons" available. If there is some particular 3rd party add on you need to use and only quickbooks has it then the decision is made for you.

Omolayo
Business Consultant in Nigeria
Financial Services Software, 51–200 Employees

My experience with Sage 50cloud Accounting

Pros:

Sage 50cloud is affordable compared to other accounting softwares. It is also very easy to navigate. I recommend for small business owners without accounting background.

Cons:

There is room for improvement. There should be a way to record invoices as partly or fully paid. Also no purchsse order and credit note functioning module.

Rachel
Partner in US
Airlines/Aviation, 2–10 Employees

Good software if you know what you are doing

Comments: Once I became familiar with this software and how to work my way around it, it has remained an integral part of our business accounting. The longer we use it, the more valuable it becomes. The sheer magnitude of accounting and business tracking capabilities is incredible.

Pros:

Sage is regularly updating and improving their software. There are many ways that you can make mistakes, but if you know what you are doing it is generally easy to fix said mistakes. The reports are a life saver when it comes time to do taxes or if I simply need to review something on an account.

Cons:

You will want at least a very basic accounting knowledge before trying to use this software if you are starting from scratch.

Amber
Office manager in US
Construction software, 11–50 Employees

Will keep charging you after cancellation

Comments: After cancelling my subscription Sage continued to charge my account for 5 months . After contacting customer service and being told I was owed a refund I have still not received a refund and that was 5 months ago

Pros:

I use Sage 50 for my accounting , but would never purchase any service through them due to their customer service. After renewing my subscription & charging my account without authorization then continuing to charge my account after I cancelled the unauthorized renewal

Cons:

Their Customer service is terrible purchasing any monthly service through them is risky , make sure you keep all bills , emails and transcripts of phone calls

Alicia
HR in US
Construction software, 11–50 Employees

Works best if you are utilizing all the job features

Comments: Sage has helped us to improve our job costing. The reports can be exported into Excel for further analytics and review.

Pros:

Features work well among eachother. Create PO, Apply to invoice, Inventory, Pay bill. Create your job quote, assign job, bill job, view job costing. I have found we are happier with the program the more we utilize it to its full potential.

Cons:

Using only certain features is difficult, as the steps in between may be missing to view full reports. It's also pretty ugly and kind of clunky, but it works and does the job. Additionally, it can be difficult to find support online because this is not a popular product.

JENNIFER
manager in US
Wholesale, 2–10 Employees

Basic accounting program with limited customization options

Comments: Cheaper than other larger programs, easy to use and manage.

Pros:

The dashboard feature makes using the software and locating specific functions relatively easy. Invoicing, accounts receivables and accounts payables is straightforward. Program is cheaper than other larger accounting programs.

Cons:

Inventory management features are very limited, pricing options are limited. Designed really for small, basic use . Limited customization abilities. You now have to upgrade and pay for upgrade every year because it is on cloud. Customer service is horrible, very rarely can solve any problems and wait times are very long.