15 years of helping Indian businesses

RUN Powered by ADP Reviews

About RUN Powered by ADP

RUN simplifies payroll and HR with a comprehensive set of easy-to-use tools, all backed by ADPs small business expertise.

Learn more about RUN Powered by ADP

Pros:

Customer service is pretty quick to respond by chat or email. It has every feature I need, including customized deductions.

Cons:

I kept getting charged for things after cancellation.

RUN Powered by ADP ratings

4.4
Customer Service Software
4.3
4.4
4.2

8.3/10

RUN Powered by ADP has an overall rating of 4.5 out 5 stars based on 778 user reviews on Capterra.

Have you used RUN Powered by ADP before?

Jeremy
Jeremy
Franchisee in US
Consumer Services, 201–500 Employees

Powerful Enough for Large Companies

Comments: Paying employees weekly or biweekly has been simplified.

Pros:

I've used a few payroll companies during my time but ADP always seems to be the most dependable and reliable.

Cons:

With convenience is going to come cost. However, the newer level additions have made programs more customizable and tailored to individual business owners.

4 years ago

Jeremy, How wonderful to hear that both our top notch RUN? Service Team and our powerful payroll engine provide you with features tailored to YOU. We appreciate you entrusting us with your partnership on your human capital management needs. -Your RUN? Service Team

Katrina
Katrina
Human Resources Generalist in US
Hospital & Health Care, 10,000+ Employees

RUN is a great, easy-to-use payroll solution

Comments: Having a sales rep available to respond to my inquiries is a huge convenience. The supplementary data and reports are appreciated, as well. I appreciate that your costs are less than those of similar businesses.

Pros:

RUN powered by ADP has numerous benefits, but the fact that it gives workers access to their data and the ability to modify it is my favorite feature. One's contact info, W-2 withholdings, and payment options can all be changed. This frees up a lot of my time, which I can then use toward more pressing matters, like making sure everyone is paid.

Cons:

It bothers me that the technology isn't as cutting-edge as the retail ADP. I also have experience in retail, where I find that updating information is less of a hassle than in wholesale.

5 months ago

Katrina, thank you for your review. We love hearing that our product delivers for you. We strive to offer the best possible experience for our clients, and your feedback about the Wholesale experience has been shared internally.   -Your RUN Team

Melody
Owner in US
Health, Wellness & Fitness, 11–50 Employees

Quit ADP because of their "security"

Comments: So, when I decided to leave ADP, they didn't file my quarter 1 even though I changed right at the end of quarter 1. Thus resulting in my filings being late, late fines, headaches, etc. I would not recommend ADP to anyone I care about.

Pros:

ADP has some positives. Their customer service is always polite and helpful. Otherwise, hard for me to say much positive.

Cons:

ADP must be the only software company in the world that hasn't resolved what is a very simple issue. If one of my employees forgot their password and could not log in to see their paystubs, I, the administrator, had to call ADP to get it resolved. Their is no option for employees to call customer service themselves to fix it. ADP always stated that this was for "security reasons," which I find hard to believe, as every other company has figured this out. I kept ranting at them and finally they gave me a code to give to any employee that was locked out to prove they had permission to see their paystubs. Next time it happened, I gave the code to the employee, and ADP still called me to make sure they had permission. That was the last straw! I am a business owner and administrator, my time is too valuable to be calling them all the time when this is absolutely resolvable.

5 years ago

Melody, We apologize for your frustrations with your experience during your time with us. Security is front and center in what we do to ensure the safety of your company and your employee's data. Your feedback is very important to us here at ADP so we thank you for the review. The RUN Powered by ADP? Team

Melissa
HR Generalist in US
Information Technology & Services, 11–50 Employees

Ease of use & efficient for small companies

Comments: It has been good thus far, but as we are growing, we'd like to look into something more integrated.

Pros:

Easy to add PTO and view schedules, track requests, and assign managers. The customer service is great, easy chat option available

Cons:

Reports could be more customized, does not sync PTO time with Google Calender

Staci
Business Manager in US
Health, Wellness & Fitness, 2–10 Employees

Very good!

Pros:

I've used Run for many years. It's a great program and easy to use. Reporting is quick as well.

Cons:

I have zero complaints, works well. Very easy to use

Jennifer
Nonprofit Organization Management, 11–50 Employees

Payroll Made Easy

Comments: My account manager is excellent. He is always responds quickly to any questions or problems I may have. It makes payroll simple.

Pros:

It makes my job much easier. This gives me time to work on other projects.

Cons:

There really isn't anything that I don't like about RUN.

5 months ago

Hi Jennifer, thank you for your review of RUN. We love hearing that RUN delivers for you. We strive to add value through our services and give you time to focus on your day-to-day business.   -Your RUN Team

Food & Beverages, 2–10 Employees

Payroll Taxes

Comments: It is not different than Paychex. Just big corporate software. It works well, but if you have a problem you are working with giant companies. Not sure with Paychex, but ADP customer service was horrific.

Pros:

Actual payroll processing and data entry of employees and payroll is easy.

Cons:

I had payroll tax issues that were not resolved by customer service, and in fact were made worse, causing a fine and back taxes.

4 years ago

Thank you for your review of RUN Powered by ADP?. We love hearing that RUN Powered by ADP? is not only easy and intuitive for you, but it also streamlines your payroll processing. Our RUN? Service Team would like to ensure your tax concerns are resolved, we look forward to connecting with you. As always, we strive to add value to your organization and add time back into your day through our products and services enabling you to focus on what matters most. - Your RUN Powered by ADP? Team

Mental Health Care, 2–10 Employees

Great!

Comments: I love all features available to me and it is worth the price.

Pros:

Support from customer service. They actually expressed wanting to work with me. Went out of their way to get me started.

Cons:

Nothing. I have honestly been impressed.

Natasha
Manager in US
Professional Training & Coaching, Self Employed

ADP: Easy to Navigate

5.0 last month New

Comments: ADP was easy to learn and easy to navigate. It has helped for all of my documents and financial processes to be all in one place. It is serving its purpose very well.

Pros:

ADP has an intuitive interface with a user-friendly platform. It's a one-stop shop. It makes it easy to sign in, enter hours, see pay stubs, view and print tax documents, and log out.

Cons:

On the management side, the only thing that I could dislike is having to add-on features a la carte because the service will end up more expensive than initially intended. But for now, ADP serves my needs.

Stanisha
Nurse Practitioner in US
Health, Wellness & Fitness, 2–10 Employees

Great software

5.0 2 months ago New

Comments: I have had a great experience so far. I have been using ADP for 2 years and will continue.

Pros:

The ease of setting up payroll and my account executive is very responsive.

Cons:

The cost went up by $10 a month when I cancelled the 401K plan

Rosemary
HR Manager in US
Research, 11–50 Employees

Mostly Easy to Use

Comments: Helping us keep in compliance with State law.

Pros:

Timekeeping feature is a great timesaver.

Cons:

There are still glitches with changing employee status (say from contractor to full time employee) Have had to call the help desk EVERY time I do this.

Jillian
Accounting Software, 11–50 Employees

Run Powered By ADP Is So Easy To Use!

Comments: I save so much more time using RUN by ADP for payroll and employee management. It takes a lot off of my plate and the fact that I can access it from anywhere is a wonderful bonus. The app works so well on my phone that I've processed payroll while out of town many times with no trouble at all. Payroll should be quick, simple, accessible and ADP RUN delivers on all of those needs.

Pros:

The ADP Run payroll platform has been making my life as an office manager easier since 2011. I recommend it to anyone asking about payroll platforms and I hope my office never changes. There are so many behind the scenes things that RUN does for you, like the pesky calculations to see which part-time employees qualify as full-time and have to be counted for the ACA insurance requirements. Done! ADP does that time equivalency for you! State new-hire reporting? ADP does that for you too. Entering employees and processing payroll is a breeze! The payroll reports are thorough and the W-2 processing and mailing is all done by them as well. If you haven't used ADP before then do yourself a favor and call them, you won't regret it.

Cons:

My main complaint would be on the employee side of the software. Employees can access their paycheck stubs through a platform called Employee Access. I like that it's available and I can manage it on the RUN side but sometimes the website is buggy. The employees say the app on their phones works better than the website. So you will have to reset passwords at times. I hope ADP addresses the glitches with that website.

5 years ago

Jillian, Thank you for your feedback on RUN Powered by ADP?! We are happy to hear that RUN? offers you features and functionality that are easy to use and efficient, especially when on the go! I have passed along your product feedback in regards to Employee Access, would like to hear more detail on the website issues your employees experienced. We value your long standing relationship and appreciate you taking the time to provide these insights on your experience! - Your RUN Powered by ADP? Team

Mike
HR Manager in US
Management Consulting, 11–50 Employees

Solid HR Platform

Comments: Overall, we find ADP RUN to be useful and a pretty good value for the money. It saves us time and works as expected 99% of the time with no downtime. ADP has really good customer service and we've enjoyed the integration with the retirement services. RUN is robust and offers a lot of different, useful features.

Pros:

We've been using ADP RUN for a few years now and have enjoyed our experience with the system. It makes payroll a breeze and provides our staff members with an easy-to-use timecard and information portal, which allows them to see their pay stubs, W-2s, and retirement balances. Errors within the system are rare, and the ADP customer service team is extremely responsive if any issues do arise. W-2 forms are generated automatically for us to mail out and ADP also helpfully files tax and employment reports, which saves a ton of time. An added bonus is the fact that RUN integrates with ADP's retirement services division, so employees can make changes to their deferral percentages and investment options directly through the Employee Access hub. We've also found the HR411 feature to be useful for basic HR queries, particularly when certain forms are needed. It's a good resource.

Cons:

Every so often, the Employee Access hub seems to glitch and prevents some employees from reaching their accounts. I've found that this can sometimes be rectified with a cache clear or even opening the Access portal in a different browser, but overall this is a relatively minor issue and it can be quickly cleared up in most cases. ADP also has a bit of a habit of having random salespeople reach out from time to time to attempt upsells rather than a dedicated account manager (we do have a dedicated manager, but the upsells are usually pitched by others).

Real Estate, 51–200 Employees

Reliable, easy, and great customer service

Comments: It's extremely user friendly, employees can log in to see pay stubs and reports about their pay, customer service is exceptional, and it's not very costly, considering the amount of time it would take me to do this on my own.

Pros:

I've had to rely on customer support a few times, whether for questions or the occasional mistake in processing. I've never had an issue that wasn't solved within five minutes. I can open a chat or give them a call, and they either fix it for me or teach me what I need to know. I'm sent a reminder when it's time to run payroll. I especially like that any of the reports can be exported to Excel.

Cons:

Once you submit a payroll, you can't edit it. It would be nice if you could complete a payroll, then view some of the resulting reports to identify an errors, then submit it. But, once you click submit, you have to get support involved to change anything. Also, though it's very easy to export any report to Excel, they are formatted to be viewed, not necessarily used for analysis. For example, a report might have multiple occurrences of column titles in the same column as numerical data, in addition to having subtotals in the same column as data. Employee name and date appear above each data set and not on the same row as the data.

5 years ago

Thank you for your exceptional review of RUN Powered by ADP?! We are happy to hear that RUN? offers you features and functionality that are easy to use and efficient! The RUN? Service Team is always here to provide quality support, right in the moment you need it and we are thrilled to hear that has been your experience. Your feedback and insights are important to us so that we can continue to deliver you with the products and tools that enhance your business. Our team would be happy to discuss reports in more depth with you, we look forward to hearing from you. - Your RUN Powered by ADP? Team

Emmarose
Construction software, 2–10 Employees

ADP Payroll

Pros:

It makes tracking wages and employment records easy to track.

Cons:

Some documents are tricky to locate. Each pay stub has to be downloaded individually unless put together in a custom reports package.

2 years ago

Emmarose, We thank you for your review of RUN Powered by ADP® and couldn't be happier to hear that our product delivers for you. Adding value through our services and giving you time back into your day through our products is truly what we strive for and we are pleased to hear that has been the experience for you. -Your RUN Powered by ADP® Team

Meg
Meg
Director of Operations in US
Health, Wellness & Fitness, 11–50 Employees

OK for Payroll, Terrible for Taxes

Comments: Software is great, company is difficult.

Pros:

Easy to process payroll and requires very oversight on customer end.

Cons:

ADP Run continuously fails to file taxes and makes it so you don’t want to leave because you want to make sure things finally get resolved but try and prevent it from happening again.

Ashley
Ashley
Administration/ITSpecialist in US
Human Resources Software, 11–50 Employees

RUN Powered by ADP Review

Comments: Overall I like ADP because it is a whole lot easier than the old way of doing things and it a lot easier than our other system. There are some quirks with it and it could stand to be a bit more modernized, but even still its a decent service that offers a lot of neat things that can be extremely useful.

Pros:

As an employee I liked being able to log in and view my W-2s quickly as well as the employee handbook and PTO. As a person who also runs the payroll its nice being able to see an excel type form of all the employees across the board. I like being alerted when money is coming out so I know exactly whats going on especially since the funds came out earlier than what I thought. There is also a nice break down of everything. I like the idea of having all the employee perks that can be added on and will maybe be implementing more in the future. Lastly I liked being able to change some of the other employees banking information without too much of a hassle. There were 2 employees that changed banks shortly after getting ADP and requested their direct deposits go to their new banks and I assumed it would be a hassle to get them set up again, but it was pretty easy.

Cons:

It took some time and frustration to set it up and even still its not fully functional as far as the perks that are promised with the service. We have the vendor discounts at different restaurants and stores as well as a retirement plan, but it took a bit of time to set it up because the rep that was assisting us couldn't get through to the customer service. Another thing I was not expecting was that the money was being withdrawn the night before the actual payday. I'm not sure if that is an ADP thing or just how things work sometimes as this is the first time I've run payroll. It was also frustrating having to log into multiple services. As an employee and then to run payroll. I set up 2 log ins, but I feel like if you are an employee running payroll everything should be in 1 space.

Joan M
Entreprenuer and Business Owner X 4 in US
Construction software

The product is getting better over time.

Pros:

The product is a good product, money value is cost effective, informative, easy to understand. I have used ADP for about 23 years. I have seen several products that were used. Technology moves fast and this product provides future assurance of meeting the technological needs that businesses will be looking for to help run their payrolls. Education of the product and how it links into the unemployment office and keeps records on our employees and their payroll tax needs is also very important The reports that are offered can provide endless data. I am appreciating all these features available to me as I focus on running the company as well. I need quick, friendly and understanding customer service attendants that can help with my unique needs for my employees. It is a product that NEVER CLOSES and this is invaluable as my hours of work never close. Thank you for all the support that is at my fingertips. I would not want it any other way. A product I can count on!

Cons:

So many functions on one page that it sometimes loses its value of finding the right page for the right need. Maybe more pages with less on each page would make a person that is just starting out with ADP feel that it is more user friendly product.

Valeria
Manager in US
Construction software, 2–10 Employees

Amazing Sellers but after you sign it is a total mess

Comments: The person who sold this to me was great answering questions and said that he will be my point of contact is I needed anything after I sign up. Well… once the first problem started be disappeared…. And when he dis answer he was mas I reached out. Adp was collecting my state taxes but not sending them to the state, they said I never submitted my documents (which I did) and it was on my to fix it. Price changes without a formal notification.

Pros:

You can run it on an app anywhere you are.

Cons:

The customer service is pretty slow, lots of [sensitive content hidden] and never happened.

Computer Software, 51–200 Employees

ADP Review

Comments: Overall, ADP is a great software. We used it at a prior job for running payroll and it works great. We were able to pull the reports that we needed and run payroll seamlessly. ADP's support staff was very friendly and helpful with any questions that we had.

Pros:

ADP has a lot of good benefits to the user. First off, the user interface is easy to use. It is fairly easy to learn the system and start navigating its menus. Second, the system is very accurate as one would expect. It makes running payroll fairly easy. It allows users to house employee data and then using that data when running payroll.

Cons:

The one con (if you can call it a con) would be that you would have to have some training on how to use the system to get the most benefit out of it. It isn't a system that you can just sit down and play with it for a few hours and be an expert at using it.

Garrett
Garrett
Junior Editor in US
Entertainment, 5,001–10,000 Employees

A few rough edges

Pros:

It's great having a platform to check my daily punches, pay statements, and time off requests. I can always trust that my requests will go where they need to without needing to follow up in a separate email.

Cons:

There have been times where the website has been late recognizing my morning punch in, which has led to some confusion with my manager. Navigation on the mobile app feels a little counter intuitive compared to the main website, namely with pulling up my full time card; it would be great if the Clock page on the app had a shorcut to jump straight to the Time card page so I could easily access the full breakdown of my hours. Also, though this is a small nitpick, the fact that the login page doesn't offer a simple prompt to re-enter your password drives me just a little nuts.

Megan
Owner in US
Printing, 11–50 Employees

Top of the Line Payroll Processing

Comments: We love that employees have their own portals to check their deposits and see past pay stubs. No more requests for copies of lost pay stubs, or people wanting to see details. It frees management up to grow our business and focus on our customers, while keeping employees informed and happy.

Pros:

Our company started using ADP many, many years ago. Back when you had to call in on the telephone and give employee hours. In the years since we have tried other services, just to see if we were truly getting the best service out there. And I feel confident saying that yes, RUN by ADP is the best payroll service out there. It's simple to use, efficient and simply does what you need it to do for payroll. Direct deposit or printed checks, your employees have options.

Cons:

We tried using their timeclock add-on and were not a fan. But it was a trial and easy to return.

3 years ago

Megan, We thank you for your review of RUN Powered by ADP® and couldn't be happier to hear that our product delivers for you. Adding value through our services and giving you time back into your day through our products is truly what we strive for and we are pleased to hear that has been the experience for you. -Your RUN Powered by ADP® Team

Amanda
Payroll/HR Lead in US
Human Resources Software, 2–10 Employees

Difficult to Navigate

Pros:

Simple to run payroll, and easy to find certain reports

Cons:

Support is very difficult to find, the payroll grid is so big you need to scroll sideways if you have several deductions or additions for payroll. Also, adding a new employee requires certain points of information and will not let you send to the employee to complete until you have all the information, there is also no way to resend to the employee without deleting and restarting the whole process.

2 years ago

Amanda, We apologize for your frustrations with your experience thus far. We are committed to partnering with you until the matter is resolved to your satisfaction. Your contact and account information is not available via this posting, however our RUN Team would appreciate the opportunity to connect with you to address your concerns. We do look forward to hearing from you. Your feedback is very important to us here at ADP so we thank you for the review. - Your RUN Powered by ADP® Team

Elena
Consumer Services, 11–50 Employees

Perfect for a small business like ours

Pros:

We started using ADP Run about 5 months ago and by far I am very satisfied. The interface is easy and user friendly. Even when there is something I can't figure out how to do or just want to make sure I don't do wrong, they have this chat that is surprisingly quick and helpful. You get to speak with representative withing 2 min and they not only explain what to do, but also go in and do stuff for you. It is also really helpful that our employees can access their record via app. What is more, it is way more cost friendly than when we were outsourcing the payroll processing.

Cons:

I really haven't encountered any problem yet. It seems to hit all the check marks we need. The only problem is that when we were starting they were a bit chaotic, not communicating between each other. We had a different point of connection every week, and it was somewhat frustrating. But despite this initial period, we have been running smoothly.

5 years ago

Elena, While I am sure I am not the first, I am very happy to welcome you to the ADP? family! We are beyond thrilled to hear that you find RUN Powered by ADP? to be easy and accessible for both you and your employees. Partnering with you to make payroll and HR easy and effortless so that you can focus on your business is always front of mind for us. Thank you for the valuable feedback. We look forward to connecting with you again. - Your RUN Powered by ADP? Team

Steven R
Steven R
Director of Business Engagement in US
Accounting Software, 2–10 Employees

Good software with horrible customer support.

Comments: Not very good, multiple sales people, and just plan horrible client support.

Pros:

Was easy to use as long as you did not need to make an adjustment or had a question. Calculation and reports wise was very solid.

Cons:

CUSTOMER SERVICE. Any changes or questions took valuable time away on hold or a waiting game as all requests were emailed to a group bank of people and you may have multiple confirmations and questions coming from different people in no particular order to track.

3 years ago

Steven, We welcome all feedback to ensure RUN Powered by ADP? continues to empower small businesses to more efficiently manage their payroll and HCM needs. We are sorry to hear of your experience with the RUN Service Team and will pass along this feedback along. Your feedback is very important to us here at ADP so we thank you for the review. - Your RUN Powered by ADP? Team