15 years of helping Indian businesses

QuickBooks Online Advanced Reviews

About QuickBooks Online Advanced

QuickBooks is an end-to-end accounting software that can grow with your business.

Learn more about QuickBooks Online Advanced

Pros:

The system is easy to use and QuickBooks has a ton of guides and videos to help begins with just about anything. Truly accounting made easy, not to mention the dozens of app integrations available.

Cons:

My only complaint is when calling customer service, I have been helped by representatives who know less than I do about their program.

QuickBooks Online Advanced ratings

4.3
Customer Service Software
4.1
4.3
4.2

8.3/10

QuickBooks Online Advanced has an overall rating of 4.4 out 5 stars based on 924 user reviews on Capterra.

Have you used QuickBooks Online Advanced before?

Adrienne
Adrienne
Owner, Bookkeeper in US
Accounting Software, Self Employed

QBO Online Advanced- Not Perfect, but a Great Option for a Growing Business

Comments: I am an advanced user, so my experience has been mostly positive. As I mentioned, I think the software is not always intuitive, so it can be frustrating for less experienced users. However, customer service is great and always responsive.

Pros:

Quickbooks Online Advanced is robust and offers a pretty impressive suite of options for a growing small business. I love that a business owner can run so much of their business from one piece of software. As a business owner and a bookkeeper, I get frustrated with all of the options out there and appreciate that QBO Advanced eliminates the need for multiple programs.

Cons:

There are definitely some improvements that could be made. The software is often glitchy, causing frustration for users that are not experienced. I would also love to see even more customization in the reporting screens. I'd love to be able to click and see drop downs on the main profit and loss screens.

Laura
Laura
Digital Strategist in US
Marketing & Advertising, Self Employed

Quickbooks Online is Sleek, Professional, Easy, but Lacks Some Custom Reporting Features

Comments: Overall, Quickbooks Online can replace the accounting software of most small-to-medium businesses. It's easy to use and fast. You can use Quickbooks Online from anywhere, any device, at any time. That's a big deal. I love having the ability to browse it on my computer and then, when I need to, bring it up on my phone when I'm at the coffee shop or with a client. Intuit hit it out of the park with this app.

Pros:

The best feature is easily the sales tracking. It's easy to create quotes, turn them into sales orders, and then onto invoices. The process is easily linkable with many POS and ecommerce solutions.

Cons:

QBO lacks some of the most robust reporting features that I'm used to. This is the biggest issue with the online software.

Adebisi
Business Development Manager in Nigeria
Leisure, Travel & Tourism, 11–50 Employees

QuickBooks Online Advanced Review

5.0 2 weeks ago New

Pros:

I use QuickBooks Online Advanced on a daily basis to automate tasks such as project accounting and job costing.

Cons:

QuickBooks Online Advanced offers all the features that I yearn to use on a daily basis.

Gary
President in US
Chemicals, 2–10 Employees

Adequate for simple product businesses

Comments: We run our business on it and have to work around all the limitations, it gets the job done, but we spend a lot of time having to use excel outside the product to get things completed. It is getting better but so slowly we have considered moving to another online software package.

Pros:

QBO is an easy to use intuitive accounting software package with generally reliable online access. It has the basic accounting features that you would expect for a small business, but lacks the detailed features necessary for a bundled product business (one where your product is composed of Bill of Materials and you need to track the details on the sub components - think of gift baskets with 10 items in it, and the basket has a single SKU.) QBO has been improving in many ways and priority circle is a welcome addition to getting support.

Cons:

The Reporting is really poor, you cannot simply build a report using any fields there are significant limitations of what fields you can include in a report. For instance you cannot write a report with customer and invoice information in it. IE. What customers have bought what products and when - this can't be done you need to export all the data and then do your own intersection to answer that question. There is really limited inventory tracking - as long as you stock and sell individual wigets your are ok, but if you sell bundles you are screwed. We have to do all inventory tracking outside of QBO because it is so lacking. You can't not do line item discounts. You cannot have negative product line items ( like volume discounts or returns, etc.) There are so many basic features in QBO Desktop that are totally lacking in the online version.

Crystel
Owner in US
Cosmetics, 2–10 Employees

Perfect for a small business owner

Pros:

It’s perfect for any small business owner wanting to control their accounting themselves.

Cons:

I have no cons for this service. It does exactly what I need.

Lisa
Executive Director in US
Nonprofit Organization Management, 2–10 Employees

Not Suited for Nonprofit Organizations

Comments: While we have cobbled together charts of accounts to somewhat make it useful for our organization, when we can afford accounting software made for nonprofits we will change systems. This has been a painful learning experience.

Pros:

Low cost, easy to find CPA who knows how to use it

Cons:

It may be fine for a for-profit business, but it is not well suited for nonprofit organizations that must do fund accounting.

Oluwakemi
Finance Executive in US
Financial Services Software, 11–50 Employees

QuickBooks Online Advanced at Work

5.0 4 weeks ago New

Pros:

Automating over 85% of manual accounting procedures is what I like most about QBOA.

Cons:

The issues that I used to experience are no more since the vendor eradicated all early this year.

Chinonso
Director of Sports in UK
Higher Education Software, 10,000+ Employees

QBOA Insight by DoS

5.0 3 weeks ago New

Pros:

Creating and customizing invoices with QuickBooks Online Advanced is automated which lead to zero errors.

Cons:

I do not come across any drawback when utilizing this program.

Construction software, 2–10 Employees

Happy customer

4.0 2 months ago New

Pros:

Easy to navigate and not hard to get help if your stuck m

Cons:

Still have some bugs but what company doesn't.

Construction software, 201–500 Employees

perfect software for small businesses

5.0 last month New

Pros:

Ease to use to track expenses, create invoices, accepting payments, its all so easy & quick just like the name.

Cons:

its good for small business only, if business gets expanded, have to switch to another.

Molly
Senior Financial Manager in US
Information Technology & Services, 51–200 Employees

Best Move My Company Ever Made

Comments: The cost for this product is amazing. We have saved $100,000 yr since switching from NetSuite. My team and I honestly prefer QuickBooks for everyday bookkeeping and business operations. For our company the switch was a no-brainer.

Pros:

This software is so easy to use and makes training a breeze. A ton of the functionality makes everything more efficient and intuitive. The reporting is awesome and easy to create your own custom reports.

Cons:

You cannot have multiple tabs open and you cannot easily create consolidated financials to include multiple instances.

Kyle
Accounting in US
Information Technology & Services, 2–10 Employees

Ease of use

Comments: The chart of accounts feature of QBO is much cleaner than the two previously used accounting softwares. Also the reporting functions are much more user friendly for non-accounting employees trying to find financial information that makes sense to them.

Pros:

Everything is very clean, and easy to navigate. The general features of the software are user friendly to all levels of accounting. If you have never used an accounting software before QBO makes it very accessible to find important and valuable information about your finances with relative ease.

Cons:

The more in depth features do take a little time to navigate. There are also a lack to "advance" features for some of the functions but it overall fits the bill. There is nothing that is missing that is an absolute need for business function- just more of a "would be nice".

Curran
Admin Assistant in US
Public Policy, 11–50 Employees

Complicated Software, With Deep Capability

Comments: Overall I find it very helpful. It is easy to enter and find bills. It had a steep learning curve, but once overcome, it is extremely helpful software.

Pros:

The ability to find any transaction, bill very fast. There are reports that can be deeply customized, bills can be searched easily, and it is easy to switch between companies.

Cons:

It has too many features! It has a million options, and options within options. If you are inexperienced with the software, it can be hard to find what you are looking for. Once you do find things it becomes quite simple.

Intuit Response

5 years ago

We love knowing you've been able to locate the transactions you're looking for quickly and easily, as well as create customized reports to view specific data, Curran! We wanted to make sure to provide as many options and features as possible to meet your business needs. To find out more about how certain features work in QuickBooks, we invite you to check out our video tutorials: https://quickbooks.intuit.com/tutorials/ Thanks for a great review! Morgan, The QuickBooks Team

Tara
Controller in US
Construction software, 11–50 Employees

Works well for small business

Comments: On a day to day bases, it is easy to use and easy to see a quick snapshot of where our company stands. Customers can view and pay their invoices online and money is deposited quickly. It has helped increase our cashflow.

Pros:

The software was fairly easy to set up and is very easy to use. Very forgiving. Errors can be corrected easily. (with the exceptions noted below)

Cons:

The recurring transaction feature does not always work as expected. Accounts or products that are created in error can only be made inactive, not deleted. We now have a lot of extras since the accountant that helped us import our Sage data imported everything twice. We have 2 of all our products and accounts.

CFO in US
Nonprofit Organization Management, 11–50 Employees

QBO Advanced is underrated

Comments: QBO is easy to use and not because it's aimed towards inexperienced users or people who have no accounting background. It can be simple or used in advanced ways.

Pros:

The dashboard, cloud-based nature, and layout of the software has been up to date for at least 7 years whereas other general ledger software have stuck with more traditional builds.

Cons:

There isn't much I dislike. There are changes that are desired but these are features that other software also do not have.

Public Policy, 11–50 Employees

Good for small companies with limited transactions

Pros:

Online accessibility - can work anywhere with an internet connection. Linking to bank and credit card accounts is handy. Linking to Bill.com and Expensify are also easy.

Cons:

As a controller and an accountant consultant on the side, I would recommend the online version to small businesses with fewer than 5-10 employees and revenues under $1 million that have very few transactions. For companies that have multiple approval layers and AP invoices, you would need an add on app like Bill.com to handle. We use Expensify and Bill.com to handle expense reporting and AP. QuickBooks Enterprise edition would be a better fit for companies with more than a million in sales and more than 10 employees, but costs can add up on that platform. -Approval levels are very broad. If I want to allow someone to add classes, I have to give them access to banking and reports that are only for partners to see. Further a la carte customization for permissions would certainly be handy. -Speed - even with high speed internet, processing multiple AP invoices is very slow compared to the desktop counterpart. -Accounting integration - when allowing accountants access to the company file, downloading the GL needs to go to excel. If the GL is large, it may exceed the line limit for Excel. -Some reports are unable to use the custom fields. This creates problems when the custom fields are critical. in our case, we can't run a report of payments received that includes project numbers. In order to get that report, I need to use Zapier to extract payments as they come in and send them to a google sheet. So the only listing I have for payments listed with our custom fields is in Google sheets!

Veronica
Veronica
Consultant Manager in US
Food & Beverages, 11–50 Employees

A powerful tool to track accounting and financial reporting

Comments: Overall my experience has been good with Quickbooks online advanced. The product has all the features needed to run a business, get the reporting and also connecting with useful apps developed by different partners. Especially during this unprecedented times when online presence is fundamental QBO Advances provides access to not the only an accounting platform but also easy integration to other partners like Third party delivery, PoS, e-commerce, ACH Payments, etc.

Pros:

The software is designed to simplify the journey by increasing the quality of the data input during the booking of the transactions and eliminating common mistakes during the process of bookkeeping. I like how the bank feed makes easier every bank reconciliation and provides a lot of information directly from the bank statement.

Cons:

I do not like that the migration from desktop to online is not easy and the online version has some missing features compared with the desktop version. I also do not like the Inventory module does not have all the information for food products, like expiration date or lot control

Tammy
Staff Accountant in US
Computer Software, 51–200 Employees

It's All About The Extras

Pros:

QBO Advanced includes the analytics through dashboards and Fathom. These are powerful tools and very useful for management. The Enhanced Custom Fields are valuable for our company as we are able to capture information that can be kept in QBO with the client instead of having several spreadsheet to keep this information. The Customize Access By Role is helpful for us because we are able to then develop UI from our software into QBO allowing our developer to have access to QBO but not have access to the entire company file. Feedback is very vital for us the user. As we find something that could make our jobs easier, or a way of getting information out you can always enter the feedback in for Intuit's development team to review. I have experienced that some feedback has been addressed, which adds value for us because we know that the software is becoming a tool that will do all that we need it to do.

Cons:

We lost a couple reports when we converted over from desktop, but Intuit is constantly working on enhancing the software.

Norah Bird
CFO/COO in Canada
Alternative Medicine, 2–10 Employees

Quickbooks

Comments: Overall I am impressed with the software, I just do not like being held ransom by having no means of reviewing the history of our accounting records electronically. We can only review static, saved documentation

Pros:

I like the fact that it is fairly accurate in predicting what account should be used once it has encountered the same transaction from a bank account or credit card.

Cons:

The constantly increasing price but no new features to justify the increased cost. I think the thing I dislike the most is that the system will not allow the User to take a backup copy. We rely on their cloud and if we stop using their software, we cannot run or produce an electronic backup that we can review without continuing to pay for the software subscription. It is imperative that reams of reports and ledgers are and no electronic format that we can review our records.

Courtney
Writer in US
Writing & Editing, Self Employed

Quickbooks Online is great!

Comments: Very pleased

Pros:

I use QBO daily. I appreciate this as our main payroll and accounting system. Quickbooks easily integrates with our third-party websites and needs; eg. credit card processing, Paypal, as well as our donor base as we are a 501c3 non profit. I did not have a background in accounting or business management. Quickbooks Online made it very easy to learn how this function works. QBO Customer service always goes above and beyond assisting any needs. Minimal downtime and errors with this software. Very Happy.

Cons:

Over the years QBO has made many advancements and received customer feedback for a quicker, simpler way to run and access reports. I do not have any issues using this software.

Cody
Finance Director in US
Biotechnology, 11–50 Employees

Great product for SMBs and growing enterprises.

Comments: Good! 7-8/10. It's not perfect & may not be the best fit for massive organizations, but you can get a lot of mileage from it if you spend time with the software & get comfortable with the range and depth of features available to Advanced users. Always play with the beta features!

Pros:

QBO Advanced is designed to be an all-in-one finance & accounting solution. There are larger-scale ERPs out there, e.g. Oracle, ION, but Intuit definitely has the market cornered on out-of-the-box F&A software. Because Intuit has so many components available, the software is also modular to a certain degree & admins can turn on/off features as needed.

Cons:

Intuit does not play nice with 3rd party integrations. There IS a developer portal if you're technical enough to do API work, but we've found software add-ons like Zapier are often necessary to build task automation into the manual steps of many QBO processes (which you will need if your organization works at scale & does not have a large accounting team).

Beth
Owner and COO in US
Marketing & Advertising, 11–50 Employees

All-Encompassing, Integrated Accounting Program for Small Businesses

Comments: Sending invoices out to clients on a recurring basis used to vex me! But invoicing with QBO is quick and simple and I can see whether the client has open/viewed the invoice. Now I can even create invoices in batches! I can send reminders, statements, and clients can pay online with credit cards or ACH, allowing cash flow to improve. I can also see AR reports and then follow up easily.

Pros:

Overall this product is easy to use and offers the tracking resources our company needs. I also love the add-ons for processing payroll and the merchant services. It is a seamless, easy process for me to process payroll at a fraction of the cost of payroll processing companies. Also, I have yet to find a per transaction cost lower that Intuit's Merchant Services, plus it cuts the amount of work I would have to do if I used an outside credit card processor. I also like that this is cloud-based, online software that I can access from any computer at home and at work (or even at a coffee shop).

Cons:

When I have a question or need assistance, the customer service has not been as good as I would expect to support what is, in my opinion, such a great software. QBO Advanced, however, has upgraded with a service called Priority Circle.

Katrina
Accountant in US
Utilities, 201–500 Employees

#1 Accounting Software

Comments: Quickbooks is what it is. I know it's not a perfect review and not what everyone wants to hear but it's the best one on the market BUT with that being said this program lacks a lot and has A LOT of glitches and malfunctions all the time. Will I be switching to another one. Probably not in the near future.

Pros:

The overall use of QB online is easy. It's straight to the point and anyone can learn how to use the software. The majority of the features are pretty easy and function great.

Cons:

THIS SOFTWARE IS SO GLITCHY AND SLOW! Some days this software works phenomenal and on the days you need it to work it doesn't. This is especially bad when it comes to the payment feature for contractors. To pay one contractor is fine but when you need to pay multiple and use the feature included in QB it's horrible. Every click takes at least 30 seconds to load making a job that should only take a few minutes take 1/2 your workday.

Joe
Finance Coordinator in US
Nonprofit Organization Management, 11–50 Employees

Easy to use and very convenient

Comments: It has provided me everything I need to do my job well and has a simplicity that allows me to work very quickly and efficiently. The things it might lack are not critical to what I need to get done at work.

Pros:

QBO is very user friendly and easy to get acquainted with quick. There are enough features to allow you to do a multitude of tasks. Online bill pay is an essential feature for us and allows us to send ACH payments for free in a timely manner. The system is able to operate quickly and not slow down with multiple programs open at once.

Cons:

Can be difficult to find discrepancies/accounting errors. Could have more protections against altering previous period numbers.

Ali
Ali
President in US
E-Learning, 2–10 Employees

The best accounting software

Comments: Quickbooks is the most popular accounting software for small businesses and entrepreneurs. And for good reason! Quickbooks makes running your business easy, which is why it's so popular amongst entrepreneurs. Using Quickbooks made my accounting so simple. I love how I could sync everything to my phone and never miss an invoice or payment.

Pros:

QuickBooks is the best accounting software for established businesses and startups. It offers the best tools to make sure you always have the most accurate financial data possible, no matter what. And their technical support is second to none!

Cons:

Ability to send invoices via text messages

Intuit Response

2 years ago

Hi, Ali, and thanks for writing your review! We're so glad to hear that QuickBooks has made managing your business financials so much easier! That way you have more time to do what you love! If you have any suggestions on features you think would make QuickBooks even better, please don't hesitate to send them over for our Developers review by using the 'Feedback?' icon in-account, as this is how we improve upon our products. We appreciate you being part of the QuickBooks family! -Faith, The QuickBooks Team