15 years of helping Indian businesses

QuickBooks Enterprise Reviews

4.5 (20,236) Write a Review!

About QuickBooks Enterprise

The leading accounting software for small businesses. Instant access to customer, vendor and employee information.

Learn more about QuickBooks Enterprise

Pros:

Easy to navigate through. Amazing technical support, inexpensive, and it has such seamless integrations.

Cons:

Nothing really major is wrong but just a slight problem with the customer service, had a problem deleting my previous account and was told that they cannot delete it.

QuickBooks Enterprise ratings

4.3
Customer Service Software
4.1
4.4
4.3

8.4/10

QuickBooks Enterprise has an overall rating of 4.5 out 5 stars based on 20,236 user reviews on Capterra.

Have you used QuickBooks Enterprise before?

Filter reviews (20,236)

Blake
Blake
Ecommerce & Consumer Products Manager in US
Mining & Metals, 11–50 Employees

Value for the money is incredible

Comments: Great, would recommend! Any sort of business needs accounting software, and your business should use Quickbooks. If given the choice, we would use this again.

Pros:

The seamless integrations, technical (both IT & Accounting) support, and intuitive user interface provides a great experience for automating a small or midsize operation

Cons:

It loads slowly -- I feel like Quickbooks constrains the amount of servers it dedicates to this platform. There are businesses that have far more transactions that we, and it still takes a while for reports or pages to render.

Obeng
Establishing Excellent Building Materials in Ghana
Building Materials, 5,001–10,000 Employees

The easiest and most accountable software ever seen.

5.0 2 months ago New

Comments: Using QuickBooks Desktop Enterprise makes your company work easier and faster and gives you all the ability to access everything you are building as company and as a businessman or manager.

Pros:

The fact that you can account for all your multiple projects and your profits. And also been able to know everything that is going on in your business by using the QuickBooks Desktop Enterprise.

Cons:

Having the fact that it will be challenging in managing all the multiple project at once and at the same time.

Jillian
Jillian
Executive Vice President in US
Health, Wellness & Fitness, 11–50 Employees

Beware before importing transactions! There's no way to bulk delete them!

Comments: My bad experience erased all the good that could've come from Quickbooks. I just wasted two years of bookkeeping, two weeks of non-stop work in QBs preparing my 2017 Tax return that is on extension and I'm now going to get penalty fees from the IRS. They can't pay me for those fees and they can't give me back my time, but the least they can do is refund me for the two years of service fees that their representatives have rendered useless to me. I can't get any higher than a Supervisor Kayson in the Accounting Dept. I've begged and pleaded and told her that I know Quickbooks doesn't want this for their customers and that they should be informed of this disaster to make sure it doesn't happen to anyone else and she refused, after begging for almost an hour, she said there was no one higher she could pass me onto. It just can't be possible, but that's how I was treated when the worst possible thing could happen to me and my business. It's not worth the risk. Please do your research and make sure this doesn't happen to you!

Pros:

No pun intended, but for the features that actually work well, they are very intuitive. They accommodate such a huge range of detail and diversity in what each business would require. Beautiful interface.

Cons:

No one should use this product if you have to import a lot of transactions! 1. There is no way to batch delete transactions that you may import by mistake or that you decide later on you don't want (which is likely to happen because once you get over the learning curve and figure out how you want to use the software, you may have entered data that you no longer want). I found this out the hard way. After two years of data was entered, I was encountering issues related to how I originally added the transactions to my register and that I needed help fixing. But then multiple representatives kept only solving small portions of the problem. After the fourth or fifth rep saw my issue, she said that I had to start all over again entering two years of data into QBs. She had me disconnect my bank accounts, then "delete" them from the Chart of Accounts. This makes the account "inactive" BUT she failed to tell me that those transactions would never actually go away. They stay there in the background and mess up your reports. So because she had me then reconnect all my accounts and re-import two years of data for me to start over again, it essentially duplicated every transaction (thousands of them). Now my only option is to either manually delete every duplicate, which is not possible OR cancel my acct, create a new one and start over again. All the reps and supervisors I have spoken to have blocked me from anyone higher in the company. They refuse to refund me for any more than 1 mo.

6 years ago

Hi Jullian. You've been through quite the ordeal, so I appreciate you leaving this honest and thorough review. I want to exhaust my resources to turn this around, so please know I have the tools and visibility to help. I encourage you to reach out to me at your earliest convenience ([email protected]). That's my inbox, and I'd like to dig into your account and ensure these data entry and import issues are cleared away once and for all. I'll help you do so with the least amount of strain on you and your time, as I realize you have a thousand other things to do than delete duplicates. You deserve better, and I'll see to it that happens. I'll be on the lookout for your message, and I thank you in advance. Jess, The QuickBooks Team

Marco
Owner in US
Health, Wellness & Fitness, 2–10 Employees

Quickbooks works well!

Comments: Works quite well for what we need. I love that it checks my math for me, less room for human error. I use it each and every day.

Pros:

Well I’ve gotten used to using it and relying on it for everything. Invoices and accounts receivable. Entering all my credit card, bank and cash purchases for the business. Also creating POs for what we purchase for the business to sell. Everything. Easy to use. Easy to find what we need.

Cons:

Nothing! Not much to say here. Happy with it.

Mayra
Analyst in Colombia
Civil Engineering, 51–200 Employees

QuickBooks Desktop Enterprise

4.0 3 weeks ago New

Comments: Overall, I will give Quickbooks Desktop Enterprise a 4 out of 5 stars

Pros:

It optimizes the supply chain process, very intuitive and organized so you can manage and you can efficiently track progress

Cons:

sometimes their customer support team is a bit slow in their response

Amy
Business Manager in US
Nonprofit Organization Management, 2–10 Employees

Quickbooks Desktop Ease of use

Comments: QB has been my first choice for the past 20 years of managing businesses. It's ease of use and setup are by far the best I have found with similar products out there. Whether you have 4 employees or 100, need only a desktop version or an online version - Quickbooks is the one you want.

Pros:

It is very easy to set up and use. I have used desktop for over 20 years and have loved it. I recently did switch over to QB Online with one company I manage which I find also very easy to use seeing as it can go anywhere with you and you can access it from any computer. Desktop has all of the features needed for a small, basic company but also can withstand the demand of a larger business. The ease of billing, payments, reporting and reconciling are well worth it's cost. Upon set-up there are pre-loaded accounts for you as well, so if you are unsure as to how to start QB makes it VERY easy to help get you pointed in the right direction.

Cons:

From my experience it can't be utilized from any computer - you need to have the software installed in order to use this product which makes it difficult if you travel or need access from multiple locations.

Jeff
Jeff
Operations Manager in Canada
Construction software, 2–10 Employees

Hmmmm... Take some time to plan.

4.0 last month New

Comments: If you are going to use QB Desktop Enterprise, PLEASE make sure you plan ahead for things such as inventory control issues like units of measure. How do you purchase your products vs how to you consume/sell them. We run the manufacturing edition, so we have experienced some challenges with this.

Pros:

Quickbooks Desktop Enterprise is good, there is no doubt about that. It is relatively straightforward to use and maintain. It has a lot of functionality and features that are very beneficial.

Cons:

Where do I start? One of the issues that we encounter is every time there is an update, it seems to break the Database Manger. We looked at switching to Quickbooks Online Advanced to make things easier, but it is VERY lacking in comparison. QB Desktop Enterprise, in most cases, is hosted locally. This leads to issues with server and maintenance. The features are very antiquated compared to other online options that are currently available.

Julia
Virtual Assistant in Philippines
Design, 2–10 Employees

Quickbooks Desktop Enterprise

5.0 2 months ago New

Comments: It has a seamless UI which is good for digital employees in keeping up with their day-to-day tasks, as well as monitoring their timesheets.

Pros:

The user interface is nice, especially for digital workers, with features that are quite efficient for team management.

Cons:

Nothing. It's good, especially for time tracking.

Kevin
Accounting in US
Accounting Software, 11–50 Employees

QuickBooks Desktop Enterprise

Pros:

What I like most is its user friendly experience and ability to manage invoices from a diverse selection of suppliers / projects.

Cons:

What I like least is it's limitation for successful integrations based on other softwares / platforms we currently house within our company.

Beth
Office manager in US
Real Estate, 11–50 Employees

Great product

5.0 2 months ago New

Pros:

Easy to use even for our staff without an accounting degree

Cons:

I wish the data import and export was a bit easier but it gets the job done.

Stephanie
Owner in US
E-Learning, Self Employed

The only accounting software I'll use

Comments: Quickbooks has helped me be able to stay a solo-entrepreneur and not need to hire a bookkeeper, accountant or assistant because I'm able to save time and keep up with it by myself!

Pros:

Quickbooks just makes it so dang easy to run my business. When I was starting out, I had NO idea how to manage my money, balance my books or split my business income from personal expenses. Quickbooks makes it simple to categorize, upload, split and balance my money. I have saved so much time on taxes and bookkeeping in the last four years. I truly don't know how I would have figured all this out without software like this.

Cons:

I do wish that there was a built-in time tracker of some kind. I want to be able to send clients invoices based on time worked on a project and it would be really nice to have that built into the software itself without paying extra or using a third-party app.

5 years ago

Hey there, Stephanie. Saving you time and energy so you can devote more attention to your business and customers is what we're here for. Hearing how helpful QuickBooks has been is music to our ears! We're always working toward making the software even better. Your feedback helps us do just that. You can find out more about what's going on behind the scenes by viewing our Blog: https://intuit.me/2L2zqTv Thanks for a 5 star review! Morgan, The QuickBooks Team

Donna
Office Admin. in US
Farming, 11–50 Employees

Very Happy with this software.

Comments: Saves us on postage since we can email our invoices. If you make a mistake there seems to always be a way to correct without any problems.

Pros:

You can make so many different reports and is very easy to use. Once you learn one area of the software, the others on based on the same format.

Cons:

Off hand the only feature I would suggest is in the vendor information for General Ledger Accounts, I personal would like 10 lines to disperse my bills. Payroll needs separate taxes and net, etc. As of right now you can only put in 3 lines.

4 years ago

Thank you for the review, Donna. It's comforting to know that QuickBooks offers the reporting you're looking for. We're constantly trying to improve this area of the product as we want to ensure all of the reporting methods needed are available. We've taken note of your feature suggestion and will be providing this to the product development team. Wishing you continued success and happiness with the product! -Hannah, The QuickBooks Team.

William
William
High-Performance Business & Financial Coach in US
Financial Services Software, 11–50 Employees

Fast, Simple to use, Easy to Integrate, Support is light, and price is a touch higher than others

Comments: Overall, I have no intention of leaving QuickBooks.

Pros:

QuickBooks is easy to import into, export out of and directly integrate with certain platforms. The software was built with the user experience in mind.

Cons:

The price is a bit higher than the competition, so technically its a con. However, I don't consider this a negative because sometimes you get what you pay for and I found QBO to have better features and a better reputation as a whole. The support is not as easy to work with as I would like. But compared to some of the competiton, its better than not having any.

4 years ago

Hey, William. Thanks for being such a loyal member of the QuickBooks family. We appreciate all the kind words you have to say about our product. Aside from phone and chat support, you can also go to the Community for assistance (https://community.intuit.com/). Once there, you can communicate with other users as well as our experts. All the best in your business endeavors. Caitlyn, The QuickBooks Team

Tiffany
CFO in US
Public Safety, 2–10 Employees

Advertising versus delivered

Comments: Overall, the software is very functional and user friendly. The extra steps that I use outside the software would be nice if they were integrated, but I have been doing them for the last 4 years, so it doesn't affect my routine. I like how quickly I can create an invoice if someone asks and I can fill in the blanks for tracking later without affecting my bottom line.

Pros:

This software is very user friendly. Getting to individual accounts is easy and straight forward. The importing of bank records saves me a ton of time doing payroll and reimbursements each month. I can track all of the owner's businesses in one place without paying extra per company added.

Cons:

We opted for this version because of the PO tracking. The problem is, the PO's are not created by us. They are created by our customers so we can't actually use that part of the software that we paid for. I can still run reports and track project time and expenses, but I can't track a PO given to us and how much left to be billed. I still have to do that manually. It also doesn't integrate with T-sheets without renaming projects on one platform or the other. One is for my engineers, the other is for our customers tracking. The two do not use the same formatting.

Stephanie
CFO in US
Retail, 2–10 Employees

Great for a novice but pricey

Comments: Overall, it's pretty good. If they could make their upgrades an easier transition and come up with a simple inventory conversion plan - I would be a happy client.

Pros:

Love that you get the upgrades and you can update your system. Love that it is user friendly - I was able to figure it out with basic (very basic) accounting knowledge. It's also pretty forgiving in that if you do a transaction the wrong way, you can delete and redo it.

Cons:

Two things: 1 it doesn't have an easy way to migrate from POS to Quickbooks for inventory. I am hesitant to change over as there doesn't seem to be an easy transition plan for a small business owner and 2 EVERY TIME there is an upgrade - there is an issue with our bank downloads. It's as if it takes a few days or a few weeks for either Quickbooks to notify the banks to update their code or whether it takes awhile for the adjustments to be made. This can be anything from not being able to download or import AT ALL or whether or not your mouse will even click when selecting a bank transaction. As a result, we wait a few weeks before downloading and upgrading to reduce the impact to our bank transactions. We have too many to hand key.

6 years ago

Hi there, Stephanie. First things first, I'll exhaust my resources to ensure the mentioned Cons are addressed. While you can synchronize POS and Desktop items and accounts (community.intuit.com/articles/1588763), I appreciate you broaching your issues with transitioning. Rest assured, we have a wealth of insights to help along the way. As a prime example, the article above is hosted by our Community space. Should you run into bank downloads again, I encourage you to check this other overview at community.intuit.com/articles/1501199. You deserve to upgrade your software as seamlessly as it's designed to be, and there's a step-by-step guide here: community.intuit.com/articles/1501544. As an added benefit, this article has handy links that cover what to do in the vent of an issue. As for pricing, feel free to reach out to me directly ([email protected]). I have the visibility to help, and can gladly discuss what cost-efficient options you have. Jess, The QuickBooks Team

Lyn
Lyn
President & Ceo in US
Nonprofit Organization Management, 2–10 Employees

For the Beginner

Comments: I would and have recommened this software to many different people for different situations as its user friendly, easy to navigate and has some great custom report features. I run a small local non profit and have been using QB for over 13 years with no intentions of changing to any other service.

Pros:

What I like most about this software is the ease of use. They make it very simple to enter customers and vendors along with invoices and/or bills. Then posting the payments and reconciling the accounts. You can use one piece or all the different capabilities, that is your choice as they do all work together.

Cons:

The thing I like least about this software is the troubleshooting. You have to have the exact title or phrase of what you've done wrong to find solutions to help you. I typically only do internet searched for assistance and have not used the call in system. That might actually help me more but I'm impatient and typically don't want to wait

6 years ago

Thanks for reaching out with your comments, Lyn. I'm delighted to read we're doing our part to provide a wide variety of capabilities in an easy to use package. We're proud to be backing River Cities United Way, so rest assured we've got you covered when it comes to support. As an alternative to calling in, I encourage you to reach out to the product experts who monitor our social media channels. You can find us on Facebook (Intuit QuickBooks) or Twitter (QBCares), and our chat reps would be more than happy to be of assistance. As an added benefit, you can expect quick responses anytime within their hours of availability (M-F from 8 a.m. until 10 p.m. EST). We're just a message away when you have questions, and they can lend a hand with finding the solutions you need. Thanks a ton for your 13-year loyalty to QuickBooks, by the way! I'm wishing you and your non-profit continued success, and a wonderful rest of your week ahead! Jess, The QuickBooks Team

Brandon
Manger in US
Restaurants, 1,001–5,000 Employees

Works great for me and my company!

Comments: This software makes tracking my income and my expensive a breeze. I don't like doing accounting work, I feel like it takes away from my business but this software really helps minimize the time I spend doing it! I also love the fact I can use this software to accept online payments and only get a fee of 50 cents per transaction and it doesn't even take any percentage of the invoice! And finally it really makes doing payroll for my employees way easier! Thanks quickbooks for being there for me when I need you to be!

Pros:

User friendly and very ease to use and navigate. It's especially great for beginner that don't got much accounting experience! Integrates with popular programs like PayPal,Square, Shopify, and thousands of others very well! It also has a cost effective so this is great for small business who need this type of program but don't want to spend tons of money!

Cons:

Online version of quickbooks can lead to security risks considering they could get hacked at anytime! Has very man limitations and doesn't really offer all the benefits that other more premium and expensive account software offers! Also you may experience tons of instability and file crashes!

6 years ago

Hi Brandon. First things first, your security is a top priority. I want you to be aware of this, so rest assured there's a wide variety of safety precautions in place. This Community database article discusses these in full: https://quickbooks.intuit.com/community/Getting-Started/Is-my-QuickBooks-Online-data-secure/m-p/186166. Additionally, please know any instability in the Online version has an easy fix. Because your data is safeguarded in the cloud, you also don't have to worry about file crashes/losing info. You can clear up any performance issues by clearing your browser cache. Another example of what the Community has to offer outlines the steps for doing so: https://quickbooks.intuit.com/community/Getting-Started/How-do-I-clear-my-browser-cache-and-temporary-Internet-files/td-p/186420. As for the feature set, I'll gladly discuss what cost-efficient options there are for getting the functionality you need ([email protected]). Email anytime. Jess, The QuickBooks Team

Director of Business Affairs in US
Primary/Secondary Education, 51–200 Employees

Solid accounting solution for small to medium businesses across multiple vertical segments

Comments: We use QuickBooks Enterprise for Non-Profits, which allows ODBC access into the data to provide access for external reporting capabilities from products like Crystal Reports. This can be a powerful feature depending on your reporting needs.

Pros:

QuickBooks is easy to install and configure, includes many useful out of the box reports, easy to read visual indicators for things like receivables and payables, and an easy to configure and process payroll solution. We use the Intuit Enhanced Payroll subscription, which has significantly cut down on the labor involved in processing payroll. We can easily customize, memorize, and schedule reports to ensure our department heads are kept up to date on their budgets. We use the system to track our endowments, auxiliary cash accounts, and profit and loss for projects and individual organizational units. Over the past several versions they have greatly improved the shared company file feature, so managing multi-user access has become much easier and more robust.

Cons:

Though Intuit recently introduced the ability to use multiple monitors with QuickBooks (a much overdue feature), they require that all monitors use the same scaling. It's not a huge deal, but a little inconvenient since I use a laptop and would prefer the built-in display panel on the laptop to be 125% and the two external monitors to be 100%. Also, the way they implement multi-monitor display is a little weird... the main app spans monitor screens, and sub-windows are drug from monitor to monitor within the main app's window. It would be much more user friendly if the sub-windows (such as the home screen, various reports, data entry windows, etc) can be moved around independently of the main app's window. This is how most other apps work and I believe how Windows was designed to handle multi-monitor use.

Evan
Evan
Director of Education in US
Education Management, 2–10 Employees

Charges without Consent

Comments: Everything was fine until I discovered how atrocious the customer service is.

Pros:

Many parts of the service feel unpolished and there are many bugs, but it is HIGHLY FUNCTIONAL. And cheap. It is hands down the best bang-for-buck of any other accounting software out there. I have been a happy user despite the bugs, because: There are many things that QuickBooks does really well. Invoicing (while hard to automate) is very robust, and by far the single cheapest invoicing option I have found. The system's auto-categorization abilities when matching expenditures, revenue sources, etc is fantastic. Further, you integrate QuickBooks with a slew of other services, making for a fairly customizable and generally robust accounting tool. It's also easy to get an accountant on to balance and check your books.

Cons:

TERRIBLE CUSTOMER SERVICE I was charged for payroll without consent. 6 months ago I signed up for a free trial to see what the Quickbook's portal for payroll looks like; after toying around a little bit and deciding that it was, while not great, functional, I cancelled my trial with the intention of getting the service when I hire full-time employees. Received cancellation screen. No problems. Fastforward to now, I go to sign up for payroll and discover I have been being charged for the last 6 months. I called in expecting to get a credit or waiver of future fees for a few months, only to be told that “QuickBooks does not refund for non-usage”. I explained the situation, and was told that "I shouldn't have signed up for the product then". I asked to speak to a manager, she took my phone number, and I never received the follow-up phone call. Is it a large amount of money? no. However, I have been a very active user of QuickBooks for nearly two years now and it is extremely disappointing to see that they would treat a long-term client this way.

5 years ago

Hi Evan, We'd like to thank you for taking the time to write this thorough review. Our mission is to provide you with a variety of accounting tools that are both helpful and affordable, so it's awesome to hear that QuickBooks is doing just that for you. We'd like an opportunity investigate the Payroll charges you received and make sure this situation is properly addressed. The next time you're free, please email us at [email protected] and provide any case numbers you have in reference to your previous calls. That way, we can find your account on our end and get brought up to speed on this situation. Looking forward to hearing from you, Kristian, The QuickBooks Team

Anthony
Anthony
Operations manager in Nigeria
Apparel & Fashion, 11–50 Employees

A wonderful accounting tool for startups and growing businesses. Customer support is nothing to writ

Comments: It's a great accounting software, but charges and customer service could frustrate you

Pros:

I like how QuickBooks has an aesthetic and user friendly interface that makes it relatively easy to navigate. It drastically reduces the amount of work and time I have to expend on basic accounting operations. Its Integrated tools help me draft invoices, keep an eye on financial reports, track my business revenues, costs and expenses very easily. With QuickBooks online, producing financial reports is a matter of just a few clicks as a user finds it easy to create sales receipts and estimates in minutes producing instant accounting reports.

Cons:

Adding transactions from bank feeds can be very time-consuming because there's no functional flexible way of entering transactions from bank feeds. Sometimes I have to visit a transaction twice to get all the data and coding in the right order. Another sticking point is that there’s no way for me to sync QuickBooks Online with QuickBooks Desktop or vice versa. Intuit's lack or inadequacy of professional support is a big weakness. You often have to be on hold for a really long time before speaking with a support staff, and even after you do, sometimes they're unable to solve your problem.

5 years ago

Saving you time by providing the tools you need to get the job done is our number one goal, Anthony. We're thrilled to know this has been achieved for you! You can continue to rely on us for all of your invoicing, reporting, and revenue tracking needs. For more info on adding downloaded back transactions, we recommend this article (https://quickbooks.intuit.com/learn-support/en-us/bank-feeds/download-match-and-categorize-your-bank-transactions-in/00/185637). As an alternative way to find the support you need, we invite you to browse our other Community articles. If you can find exactly what you're looking for, you can post your own unique questions and receive helpful advice from fellow users and QuickBooks Team members (https://community.intuit.com/). Thanks for stopping by to leave a review. Morgan, The QuickBooks Team

Kianja
Bookkeeper in US
Accounting Software, Self Employed

QuickBooks, Not Just For Professional Use

Pros:

Both QuickBooks Desktop and QuickBooks Online are very easy to use. They can both be customized to fit your companies business objectives. I love QuickBooks online for the convenience of accessing your accounting information from anywhere. I think that being able to login and download your financial transactions is very convenient for a small business owner. It is as simple as reviewing which category (or account, which it is known as within the software) the transaction is assigned to. If you do not have the transaction assigned to the correct category when it is initially downloaded, you can change this within the software in a few clicks. The best part is that QuickBooks Online will remember which category you assigned to the transaction. So, they next time you download transactions from the same vendor, QuickBooks will recognize the transaction and automatically recall the category you assigned the last time. QuickBooks Desktop does the same as QuickBooks Online. However, the beauty of QuickBooks Desktop is that you can create as many "Company" files as you want. I put the word company in quotation marks because you can also use this software to manage your personal finances. Although this is not what the software was created for, the fact is that if you manage your personal finances like a scaling business, you will have a better handle on living within your means. QuickBooks Desktop makes this very easy to do.

Cons:

I am not a huge fan of paying a monthly fee. While I like QuickBooks Online, I am not a fan of possibly paying an increase in monthly cost at any given moment. I also don't like that the mileage tracker is not readily available on the higher versions of QuickBooks Desktop (Starter, Essentials, and Plus).

5 years ago

Hey there, Kianja. Thanks so much for your thorough review. We love hearing how much you've enjoyed using QuickBooks and how helpful each version of the software has been for your business. You can count on us to have your back for all of your accounting needs for years to come! To find out more about ways we're working to improve the software and offer even more functionality to you, we recommend checking out our Blog: https://intuit.me/2L2zqTv Cheering you to continued success! Morgan, The QuickBooks Team

Scott
President in US
Management Consulting, 2–10 Employees

The Default Small Busines bookeeping software

Comments: We mostly like it. It dominates the market so much that it has become the default bookkeeping solution. I think the only reason to choose something else would be if your business far outgrows QuickBooks, or if your business type is particularly well-served by a niche product. Some add-on features are useful, such as 1099 reporting. There are many third party add-ons available.

Pros:

The main thing to know about Quickbooks is that it is the dominant player in small business bookkeeping. That means that every CPA knows how to use it and can help you to set it up for your business. Nearly any bookkeeper you might hire has used it before, so their learning curve should be short. It is cloud based, so your data is much safer from disasters than if you stored it on your own server. User support, while less than perfect, is at least plentiful through the message boards and other sources you might find in bookstores or on the internet. Although it is not optimized for government contracting, you can set up a chart of accounts that complies with DCAA requirements, and use the "Class" feature to distinguish between government contracts / customers. With such a large user base and development team, it is reasonably bug-free and feature rich.

Cons:

About once or twice a year, they seem to make a change to the user interface...notionally to improve the user interface, but for us it vexing that features we used to know where to find get hidden under some other menu. Some cursing ensues in the office, then we find where the feature is hidden, and work continues as normal. Sometimes they seem to push the add-ons we don't want, such as payroll or financing. The subscription price went up a lot after we had been loyal customers for a couple of years...meaning it is a lot easier to stay with them and pay the higher price than it is to go shopping for an alternative.

Yazid
Yazid
Accounting And Marketing Specialist in US
Accounting Software, 11–50 Employees

"Goes Above and Beyond, Simple Maneuverability, Ease of Use, Fast and Reliable"

Comments: Overall Quickenbooks has been a Pleasure to Use. I switched over from Freshbooks. It's been the best answer for accounting, financing and bookkeeping . The fundamental bookkeeping is easy to learn. I find the Customer Service to be Excellent. Its been an all around great experience and I would Recommend Quickbooks to anyone.

Pros:

QuickBooks is anything but difficult to bring into, send out of and straightforwardly incorporate with specific stages. The product was worked considering the client experience. In general, I'm content with Quick Books and would prescribe to any entrepreneur. I truly like the retained exchange list, where I can just consequently have repeating installments deducted from my framework rather its month to month, quarterly, or yearly. It can likewise be set up as an update when certain bills are expected for installment. It's exceptionally simple to stack, monitor your merchants and your clients just as your own organization information, for example, diagram of records, and things or administrations that your organization gives. The report place is very easy to understand with reports effectively accessible by adding a date reach, and it additionally offers the client to make their own ensemble reports

Cons:

I do wish discounting customers with credit adjusts was somewhat simpler. You have to have a receipt produced with charges prior to finishing a credit notice to send a discount check. From time to time a price may be lower than advertised and I would like to show reflection on the original invoice without having to create a new one.Hopefully there is a less difficult way, and I simply need to figure it out. The cost is somewhat higher than the opposition, however all my needs are met. Nonetheless, The help isn't as simple to work with as I might want. Be that as it may, contrasted with a portion of the competiton, its better than not having any.

Telecommunications, 5,001–10,000 Employees

Quickly impressive!

Comments: To summarise its an incredibly attractive & useful product, both for sole traders and Limited companies. It's great value for money and can save a huge amount of time and headaches. This is particularly evident when you consider it as an interest in something that will without a doubt save you time, and may even lessen or cut your bookkeeper expenses totally. In view of that, I've have no problems in suggesting Quickbooks. Start with the 30-day trial to completely evaluate whether or not it meets your specific needs.

Pros:

First and foremost, keep in mind that this is a product with a long history. The parent organization, Intuit has been creating expense and bookkeeping programming beginning around 1983. They are a US organization however adjusted Quickbooks for the UK market and duty framework in 2014. Quickbooks is one of the main bookkeeping programming arrangements with more than 624,000 endorsers in 2014 (a figure liable to have risen). Once more, that simply adds to the entire trust and security component. The greatest benefit of utilizing Quickbooks is the time and stress it will save you. When you're fully operational you'll see how effectively you can keep all of your bookkeeping records forward-thinking. It truly turns into a breeze. Also the biggest advantage is that you're no longer shackled to your desk! saving your opportunity to develop your business. All of that for only a couple of pounds a month implies it truly is an easy decision and one of the best choices you'll make when maintaining a business.

Cons:

Nothing is perfect and to guarantee a decent Quickbooks review it's vital that you're aware of the disadvantages too. Right off the bat, similar to any product, it's somewhat flawed. There are some reviews on Trustpilot surveys of individuals encountering technical issues. Regardless of whether that is with connecting bank accounts or individuals simply doing something wrong. However it's frustrating when such things happen. However, to alleviate that, Quickbooks do have a pretty responsive tech support team. There are a huge number of surveys that describe the supportiveness and persistence of the Quickbooks customer service team. So it's reassuring to know that should you encounter a problem, they'll assist you with tackling it rapidly. The other negative worth focusing on is that with any product there is an expectation to absorb information. You'll have to invest some time figuring out how to take full advantage of its capabilities. Fortunately, Quickbooks make it relative easy with instinctive plan and design and a lot of tutorials and help material.

Beatriz
Bachelor of Education in Venezuela

A geneality of application. Very easy to use and gives good results

Comments: There are fewer data entry errors when using the QuickBooks integration, since there are fewer data entries manually. Human beings make mistakes and the ability to eliminate the entry of redundant data will diminish these errors.
In addition, QuickBooks integration allows for the fastest workflow from the point of entry to the billing phase, allowing the company to charge faster and increase cash flow.

Pros:

The software allows users to handle a variety of financial records, including sales receipts, payments, tax forms, invoices and inventory accounting records. Because Quickbooks is so easy to use, most tasks can be carried out without in-depth knowledge of accounting procedures. Manage your finances anywhere, you can track sales, create and send invoices, and know how your business is doing at any time. Best of all, your information is automatically backed up. Access and manage your books from your computer, laptop, tablet, or smartphone anytime you choose. Create access privileges so that your colleague or accountant can login and work with your data online. Know exactly how much money you have and how much you owe at any moment - your data is synced and backed up automatically. You can even photograph and save receipts with the QuickBooks Online mobile app. Create custom, professional invoices, sales receipts and estimates that you can send in minutes. Instantly see how your business is performing with customizable reports and dashboards. If you need help, support is available with answers to your questions and information on running your business.

Cons:

Although QuickBooks provides an audit trail for most of the information, there are some situations in which financial information can be changed without leaving any kind of documentation. Depending on how a customer uses the software, another potential problem is that Quickbooks does not come with a section on fixed assets. Also in order to keep the software up to date, there are a number of costly improvements that entrepreneurs may have to buy. Normally, these updates are only needed once a year in order to receive the most current payroll and other services. While the online service offers fewer features than the desktop version of the software, the most serious drawback is the history of extended outages. Also the extensive features of QuickBooks can be overwhelming for some smaller companies, as they can make the software more difficult to use and understand. QuickBooks is also better suited for double-entry bookkeeping, even though many small businesses use it for only one.