15 years of helping Indian businesses

About UKG Pro

UKG Pro is the culture-driven HCM solution that puts people at the center of your strategy to create great workplaces for all.

Learn more about UKG Pro

Pros:

If you have a vast budget, this could be a great product for you. But you absolutely will spend a fortune for all the bells and whistles.

Cons:

You can not configure the application for candidate experience. Terrible implementation and testing and deployment process.

UKG Pro ratings

Customer Service Software
3.9

7.7/10

UKG Pro has an overall rating of 4.3 out 5 stars based on 599 user reviews on Capterra.

Have you used UKG Pro before?

Margarita
Margarita
Exp and FA Actg Mgr in US
Accounting Software, 501–1,000 Employees

Worked great for candidate tracking

Pros:

I really liked the features built in for performance tracking and candidate review during a job search fill. Really made leaving comments and communicated back and forth with HR a breeze.

Cons:

Sometimes documents or modules can be difficult to find. Certain links are available but are broken when you go to actually get to the area you need.

Katrina
Katrina
Human Resources Generalist in US
Hospital & Health Care, 10,000+ Employees

UKG is an excellent tool for managing employees

Comments: Recruiting from a wider pool of candidates has been made easier by the system's seamless integration. This program has helped facilitate a steady stream of qualified applicants, which has decreased the cost per employee and shortened the time to recruit.

Pros:

UKG is used for personnel record keeping in my company. To wit: data backup, payroll processing, tax preparation, employee onboarding, and regulatory education. We integrated UKG with our payroll systems and created an easy-to-use portal for employees and management.

Cons:

Some systems require lengthy builds and troubleshooting to integrate with. There is room for improvement in how healthcare EMR systems and time management are integrated. There may be a delay in page refresh rates as a result of increased personalization of employee landing pages.

Rebecca
Insurance Software, 201–500 Employees

Please choose a different system

2.0 2 months ago New

Comments: The overall experience was frustrating. It was riddled with ghosting and gas lighting. They must teach a specific customer service model that contains these two elements. I honestly have never encountered anyone like them.

Pros:

I can't think of anything that I liked about it.

Cons:

Customer service and tax pay services were really bad,

Brian
Clinical Research Coordinator in US
Research, 201–500 Employees

UKG Pro Makes a Proactivity Easy

Pros:

I love how UKG Pro is the HUB for everything. From healthcare information to paystubs. UKG Pro has it all. I like not having to navigate through 3-5 different websites and finding all my required assignments and tools in one website. It has been an amazing HR tool to keep me on track with all the required trainings and communicating my needs and concerns in one location. It's a pretty intuitive website and the app has been super friendly to use.

Cons:

I don't have any cons, I prefer this over some of the other HR programs that I had to use in the past.

Matthew
Assistant Controller in US
Farming, 201–500 Employees

UKG Pro The Way to Go?

Pros:

We switched to UKG as they were able to provide us with a more robust payroll and timekeeping system in combination with UKG Workforce/Dimensions. In particular we needed the scheduling functionality that Dimensions offered.

Cons:

The basic functionality of the system is fairly intuitive, but once you move away from the basic functionality of the system it gets complex and requires a lot of training through the UKG University or monkeying around to figure out. Some of their documentation is outdated. You can tell that some parts of the system were built quick and dirty to get the job done, but lack quality control. For example, there are some fields that you can't see unless you go into the edit view. Support is helpful, though for non urgent matters can be slow at times. We bank with a smaller bank and UKG is not set up to work well with them.

Jessica
Jessica
Game Programmer in US
Computer Software, 1,001–5,000 Employees

Effective payroll and benefits tool

Comments: The transition from a paper-based approach has been revolutionary for our company. The most important advantage is that it allows our managers to see all of their employees' records in one place, make edits, view their timesheets in one place, and generate reports.

Pros:

It gives us a consolidated database of accurate employee information. Our most novice technical trainees can utilize it with the same ease as our most seasoned executives. During the rollout, we received excellent assistance.

Cons:

The most desired component of PowerBI has been difficult to master. We've determined that the HR department can best serve our reporting needs with the assistance of the technological team.

Nancy
Director, Benefits in US
Education Management, 1,001–5,000 Employees

Director, Benefits

Comments: Overall is good and easy to use. Integrated modules

Pros:

Platform is easy to use, and different modules available.

Cons:

reporting capability. Have to depend on having someone create custom BI Reports each time.

Patrick
Automotive, 201–500 Employees

All-In-One People Management Tool

Pros:

UKG Pro is a well-integrated system that captures virtually all people-management tools in one place. It is easy to navigate and the reporting tools are very helpful.

Cons:

At times our employees have issues with the mobile app.

Rickie
Intake Specialist in US
Retail, 11–50 Employees

So easy to use

5.0 2 months ago New

Comments: Great for tracking schedules, payroll, time off, editing missed clock in and tax forms. Easy to update profile information. Great on both desk top and mobile app.
Highly recommend.

Pros:

Very easy access to multiple menus including tax forms, payroll, hourly tracking, vacation time.

Cons:

No cons recorded. I experienced user error but help desk was amazing at resetting my forgotten password

Ashish
Ashish
Dispatcher in Canada
Telecommunications, 201–500 Employees

Comprehensive Approach and advanced customization

5.0 last month New

Comments: UKG Pro is a robust and versatile human capital management solution that excels in customization, ease of use, and comprehensive HR capabilities. It’s highly regarded for enhancing operational efficiency and employee experience, making it a valuable asset for businesses aiming to streamline their HR processes.

Pros:

Ease of Use: The user interface is designed to be intuitive, making it easy for employees to navigate and complete tasks efficiently.

Cons:

Aesthetics could be better. They are not as appealing as competitors.

Megan
HR Supervisor in US
Medical Devices, 201–500 Employees

If you need a new HRIS system, UltiPro should be on your list!

Comments: We have been really happy with our experience with UltiPro. We are going on 3 years now and still are improving our processes as they continue to upgrade and make good improvements to their software. We appreciate working with our salesman, [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] still even though he doesn't need to be part of the team he still stays in contact! The system is easy to use for all levels at the company and are pleased with the products they offer.

Pros:

There are a few good things I like about UltiPro. I like their reporting system and having a wide-range of reports available by a click and no need to recreate a new report. They also offer reports you never thought you would use, but after using it is a great tool and resource to have! The online customer success portal is a nice feature to help you find the answer you are looking for, but also having an option to create a case and have a representative look into your question and contact you via phone or email to resolve. The app is getting better and better and our employees utilize the app the most to have their information at their fingertips. It is difficult to break something in the software, but they offer a "sandbox" where you can test out the system or different products to test it out. They also offer a lot of workflow processes to where you set up the approvals for each item or activity that is changed on an employee profile or can set it up with no approvals and changes automatically.

Cons:

We are not big fans of the Learning Management Module they offer with their system. It is a 3rd party site and doesn't incorporate well with the Core side of the system. However it does work and is an option to stay within the UltiPro system. Just takes a little adjustment to get used to and work with other parties to import content.

Elizabeth
HR Manger in US
Financial Services Software, 501–1,000 Employees

Great mid sized HRIS system

Comments: Overall we have been very happy with our decision to move to UltiPro

Pros:

The ability to customize the system when needed. Easy to use, seems fairly user friendly.

Cons:

Time and attendance tracking leaves some things to be desired, hopefully with the merger with Kronos this will be addressed in the near future. There are still some aspects of the system that do need to provide more customization.

Ashlee
Director of Human Resources in US
Financial Services Software, 1,001–5,000 Employees

I love UKG

Pros:

although the customer service has dropped a bit I am still very happy. the only side of customer service that i feel is suffering is the Benefit side. I'm struggling with Benefit help. but all other aspects I am very happy

Cons:

I don't like some of the Time Management and how PTO is tracked. But I am hopeful with the changes into Dimensions

John Aries
Kronos System Administrator in Colombia
Outsourcing/Offshoring, 1,001–5,000 Employees

UKD Dimensions

Comments: The company's payroll and timekeeping accuracy has significantly increased since we started UKG Dimensions

Pros:

The product is easy to use on a user standpoint

Cons:

The reporting side could be more user friendly as not all have the time to attend trainings.

Jacob
Health, Wellness & Fitness, 201–500 Employees

Good, but not perfect

Comments: UKG is beneficial to our organization and if you are able to put in the time up front, you can make things work to your advantage. Once you understand the system, it is easy to use. However, it does take work up front.

Pros:

The time management program, as well as the ability to manage employee information and benefits.

Cons:

The reporting function could be improved. At the very least, more training sources could be beneficial for the BI functionality.

Jeanne
HR Manager in US
Publishing, 51–200 Employees

UltiPro is a great investment

Comments: We have had a favorable overall experience with UltiPro since going live in October 2016. The support team we have now is incredibly responsive to our requests and the functions in UltiPro have improved the quality of our internal processes. When there have been issues with support, etc. UltiPro has been very quick to resolve the issue. They take client feedback very seriously.

Pros:

Implementing UltiPro has allowed us to streamline many functions that were performed manually with paper documents. Internal staff transfers, promotions, salary changes, etc. are now handled within the UltiPro system (including approvals) where prior to that, paper forms had to be manually signed off by multiple managers before submitting them to HR for processing. Our benefit enrollment process has moved from an Excel enrollment form to an online enrollment that feeds directly into the payroll system once approved. A goal tracking system for employees has been created in UltiPro that allows employees/managers to create goals, rate them, track them with comments, and then show completion dates. Employees may now access their personnel record in UltiPro and make updates to home address, marital status, dependent/contact info, tax withholding as well as immediate access to W-2 forms and ACA forms. In addition, UltiPro offers an online PTO tracking system where employees can request time off and managers can immediately approve electronically. And, of course, what I like most is the amazing reporting capabilities that UltiPro offers. Besides the hundreds of standard reports already created, I can either edit/modify current reports or create my own report.

Cons:

This is rather minor, but there are functions I would like to create in UltiPro that I don't have access to do as an Administrator. I must submit them to UltiPro Support Team and some of the functions require an additional cost. It's not a lot, but it's just the principal.

Cynthia
Head of Payroll in US
Veterinary Software, 201–500 Employees

I'm Sad to Say....

Comments: Let me start by saying that it used to be great system and in the past I was a huge supporter of UltiPro and Kronos, and I thought they had the best systems out there from a payroll perspective - much easier to use than either Workday or SAP, and they had excellent support. And you were in control - you didn't need to hire a ton of expensive pseudo-IT people to run your department. Sadly, that's no longer the case. It's almost impossible to get support, the UI has gone downhill, and the product is very disjointed. It takes forever to perform simple tasks - very similar to a Workday or SAP. You can get it done, but not easily. You can no longer reach anyone in the Tax department - you can open tickets but no one will ever respond. You're on your own and you don't have the ability to make necessary updates yourself - it's a terrible feeling. I have had tickets open for months and I'm coming up on year end and I'm not going to be able to report accurately. Why they would take away the ability for users to make their own updates to taxing jurisdictions I'll never understand. But they did, and they don't respond when you open a case even after escalating. It's a nightmare. Now, I would go with another vendor given the choice. And that makes me sad.

Pros:

I absolutely love the reporting capabilities in the core system. UKG uses Cognos, and you can literally write a custom report in minutes and pick up pretty much any field in the database and export it to Excel or PDF or whatever format you're looking for. You can schedule reports that can be automatically sent to your users and they can only see what their role and security allows them to see, you can create dashboards and interface files - whatever you need from a reporting perspective is at your fingertips. And it's as easy as drag and drop. I can't stress enough how useful this feature is.

Cons:

I hate how long it takes to perform simple tasks, and I am horrified by the fact that they no longer provide test environments - to me it's not an option to test in production. We had to fight and beg for months to get them to make an "exception" for us, and frankly would have moved in another direction had they not eventually given in. The product and support, both of which used to make the system different from the other offerings on the market, have gone so far downhill in such a short time it's astonishing. Be prepared to have to go to a ton of different screens to get basic information or to perform an everyday task. And forget about getting any support. You can open tickets but no one is going to respond no matter how much you beg for help.

Janine
Director of Human Resources in US
Machinery, 201–500 Employees

Expensive Option with some benefits

Pros:

Allows for customization. Has great reporting capabilities.

Cons:

We tried to use UKG as the one place for HR. Unfortunately, several modules (recruiting, onboarding, performance management) are offered, but they all lack the functionality to make them add value to our organization. We dropped PM because it was so difficult to use. We are also looking at alternatives to ATS and Onboarding. I am not a fan of their support model. I really don't even know my CSR.

Jamie
Helpdesk Specialist in US
Information Technology & Services, 51–200 Employees

Best HR site I have personally used

Comments: Allows me to view all my HR information all in one location.

Pros:

Been using this site now for our clocking in and out at work for 5+ years. Very easy to use. Site has never been down, always up and works. The site is speedy to navigate. Allows me to easily and quickly log in and out. Allows me to pick easily pick my insurance every year and has all the information I need on the site. Allows me to quickly get a brief overview how many sick/personal/vacation days I have and will earn. Can hop in and request days off very easily and then view a yearly calendar to see what I have already added in the future and the past. We also use this for our performance reviews. Not a fan of those but the site makes it work OK. Site times out at 30 minutes and it gives you a countdown before it gets there, so it makes it easy for me to see when to clock back in for lunch. I can also view my paycheck stubs here. It is very nice to have access to all of this in one location. I also hear it integrates with AD credentials but we have not implemented that. I have used other HR websites such as Kronos and this one is so much easier to use.

Cons:

Honestly I cannot think of anything negative to say about the website. I have never had a problem with it.

UKG Response

6 years ago

Hi Jamie, thank you so much for sharing with us. We're thrilled to hear you are enjoying your experience. We hope you have a wonderful day!

Nathan
Product Manager in US

UltiPro is the primary UI that I use to access all my personal work information.

Comments: I am able to keep track of my personal work information in one convenient software and mobile app. It allows me to view my payment history, my PTO statuses and many other things. I like being able to view all this information in one easy to use software.

Pros:

UltiPro is an easy to use Software that provides me with easy access to all work related information. The mobile application is great when I am on the go and need to get access to a quick piece of information. It allows me to view all my tax information as well as insurance information. It allows me to export W2 and W4 information when doing my taxes and does so in an easy way.

Cons:

I would say the biggest Con for the software is the mobile app does have some missing features of that compared to the PC software. On the mobile app I am not able to access some features that normally I would be able to. Other than that I do not have many Cons for this software if anymore at all.

UKG Response

6 years ago

Hi Nathan, thank you for your feedback. We're thrilled to hear you are enjoying our Mobile App! I cannot wait to share your insights with the Mobile App team - they will be thrilled! If you don't mind, would you be willing to share your mobile experience on the Mobile App Store of your choice? Further, I did see you your request for more Mobile-specific features. I just wanted to let you know that Mobile App features are determined by an organization's HR department. It's possible there are features available that you may not have access to. If there are any specific features of interest, feel free to let your HR team know! Thanks for taking the time to leave us feedback. We value your insights and hope to continue providing you with a great experience. Have a wonderful day!

Debbie
Sr. Payroll Specialist in US
Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing, 501–1,000 Employees

A Quick Payroll Process

Comments: Okay, I have been using for 5 years and I still come across issues.

Pros:

UltiPro is quick with processing payrolls.

Cons:

You can tell there were many different developers.

Kathryn
HR Specialist in US
Individual & Family Services, 1,001–5,000 Employees

We're getting there!

Pros:

We previously used 5 databases to track employee information. Having UKG Dimensions with everything in one place has been a dream come true!

Cons:

Integration was a challenge but we expected that. All modules were not available at the same time so we were still hopping between our old systems and UKG Dimensions. We have come a long way though and we are thrilled that things are finally moving in the right direction and streamlining all of our HR and payroll processes.

Matthew
Director in US
Financial Services Software, 11–50 Employees

Review

Pros:

Its east to navigate, intuitive platform, employee engagement with service is easy.

Cons:

They fail with any tax issue or carrier connection. It is definitely not their wheelhouse, and they always have issues.

Jacqueline
HRBP in US
Chemicals, 201–500 Employees

Worst system ever used

Comments: Awful

Pros:

This experience has been so terrible I can't think of anything positive.

Cons:

Implementation assistance was nonexistent. Everything we try to get help with is a huge expense. Turnover of account reps is constant. We are on our third or fourth in about a year of using the system. No one gives you their phone number and every request has to go through a case management system that they never respond to. Setting up a file feed is the most frustrating experience I have ever encountered. They use outsourced consultants that take like 6 months to schedule. The file feeds that we requested before we started using the system are still not completed a year later. The one feed we were able to get setup needed one organization code repathed. Its been three weeks since we entered the request and they have not even started it. We were told once they get around to starting it, it would take eight weeks. When you questions them on why something so simple takes so long they just give you absurdly inflated project timelines.

Annette
Human Resources in US
Financial Services Software, 501–1,000 Employees

We have been using Ultipro software for our HRIS System serving 1,000 employees

Comments: Access to all employees HR files

Pros:

I like the various functions that Ultipro is capable of. From payroll, Time clock and time off control, keeping a database of employees positions, salaries, name, address, email address, PTO and Personal Day bank and actual time clock. There is an applicant tracking system but we don't use it at this point.

Cons:

There is a lack of support from the Ultimate software team. Any requests for service take an inordinate length of time. (months). The service is then not done correctly. We had file feeds giving our 3rd party providers wrong dates of employment, number of hours worked incorrectly. So we had to manually update this provider with the correct information. This delayed our employees getting approved for Family Medical Leave Act and Short Term Disability. When contactly Ultimate, they were not accommodating in getting the file feeds corrected, even though it was their fault. The initial launch of Ultipro was rough as well. Wrong data and mistakes in the files with Ultimate Software Team unaccommodating.