15 years of helping Indian businesses

About authorize.net

We help make it easy to get paid. It's that simple. We've been helping businesses accept payments anytime, anywhere since 1996.

Learn more about authorize.net

Pros:

This suite of features is essential for the day to day running of our business. Vastly improved customer support.

Cons:

There is no text to pay feature. Right now we can only email invoices.

authorize.net ratings

Customer Service Software
4.4

8.1/10

authorize.net has an overall rating of 4.5 out 5 stars based on 181 user reviews on Capterra.

Have you used authorize.net before?

Nipon
Nipon
Executive Director in Bangladesh
Information Technology & Services, 11–50 Employees

They are still providing the best card processing services for websites & online shops!

Comments: Great! I call them the universal card processor for almost every sort of business

Pros:

You might not hear a lot about them these days but actually they are the biggest network of merchant account provider processing card payments for almost every type of businesses since the beginning of e-commerce. They offer plan for high risk business sectors too and process cards in a lot of currencies. Plug-ins available for almost every platform out there and clear payments to bank daily.

Cons:

I found there interface little tricky and needed expert’s help to integrate with my e-commerce site.

Joseph
CTO in US
Wholesale, 2–10 Employees

THE Standard in the industry of processing

5.0 2 weeks ago New

Comments: It was easy to start and requires no maintenance to continue running.

Pros:

Authorize has been the easiest to use with no changes. They pass the test of time.

Cons:

No cons whatsoever. They are flawless in operation.

Josh
Josh
Managing Member in US
E-Learning, 2–10 Employees

Slow Payments, Convoluted Explanations for Account Use

Comments: Overall, Authorize.net has some benefits like customer trust and fraud prevention and if you are good at code, it might be great for you. Otherwise it seems a little outdated and complicated to set up and use beyond their automated features.

Pros:

I do like that Authorize.net is pretty widespread in its use, and that I feel I can implement it in a variety of mediums including SuiteDash CRM and Payments, my website, etc. It is rather versatile in that sense and allows for customization or more simplicity if needed.

Cons:

If you are doing anything beyond setting up Authorize.net with them directly and having them manage your processor, it is really difficult to figure out what to do and what you need. Customer service is great, but I prefer to just get things done on my own without multiple phone calls to set things up. Payments come slowly and it just overall feels really outdated for me.

Tammy
FOH Manager in Canada
Food & Beverages, 11–50 Employees

This system is Ok

4.0 last month New

Pros:

That you can go in and search specifically by name on someone who has paid

Cons:

It was confusing once we were switching over companies. We cancelled and they are still charging us for it

Joe
Marketer in US
Retail, 2–10 Employees

A Bit Dated, But Functional

Comments: Overall, positive experience. Had one day where the servers went down and were unable to take payment for a couple hours. Other than that, zero outages or complaints.

Pros:

We've had very little problems with fraudulent payment attempts. Security settings are quite customizable and ease of setup is good.

Cons:

The interface is a little outdated. Other processors like Square and Stripe feel more sleek and modern, more navigable.

Francesca
ICT Director in US
Information Technology & Services, 2–10 Employees

The Unshouting but Effective Payment Platform

5.0 2 weeks ago New

Comments: It has been an awesome experience more so due to its accurate fraud prevention feature that never fails at detecting any fraudulent activity coupled with the electronic payments which are quite fast. Besides, it integrated very easily with our company system.

Pros:

It is very easy to implement and has a perfect reporting interface

Cons:

The only issue it the pricing which may not favor every user

Falak
Network Administrator in Canada
Internet, 2–10 Employees

Very Convenient payment processing for customers and merchants

5.0 2 months ago New

Pros:

Payment processing is very streamlined as it is very easy for customers and merchants to manage payments and it sync very well with different accounting softwares

Cons:

The Payment processing time is very long I think. It takes some time to post the payment, but this sometimes depends on banks as well.

Tanveer
Human Resource Manager in US
Education Management, 1,001–5,000 Employees

authorize.net Works Efficiently Because It Is Reliable

5.0 4 weeks ago New

Pros:

For Efficient Payment Processing, authorize.net Is Highly Effective and Accurate to Use. It has a great customer support team.

Cons:

I like the efficiency of authorize.net. authorize.net has been brilliant.

Valentina
Finance Manager in US
Hospital & Health Care, 1,001–5,000 Employees

authorize.net Is a Powerful, Essential and Reliable Tool

5.0 3 weeks ago New

Pros:

I like the effcetive features of authorize.net. authorize.net has been meeting our needs due to its reliability.

Cons:

authorize.net has powerful features. It has been so amazing to use authorize.net.

Bradley
Marketing Director in Canada
Automotive, 51–200 Employees

Great compliance tool for pro users...

Pros:

Ease of setup and integration with existing web platforms.

Cons:

Customer support was a tad lacking. Took far too long to get answers to generic questions.

Candice
Senior Office Administrator in US
Construction software, 11–50 Employees

The most affordable payment processing option out there!

Pros:

The fees are a fraction of some competitors, but the software works seamlessly

Cons:

I can't think of anything I dislike. It really is awesome software.

Corinne
Development Manager in US
Nonprofit Organization Management, 2–10 Employees

Adequate Payment Gateway

Comments: Overall, I think there is a reason nearly every organization I've worked with uses this payment gateway. It works well and is fairly intuitive.

Pros:

I've used Authorize.net as a payment gateway at multiple organizations. It is fairly easy to use and intuitive when it comes to basic functions like payment processing, refunds, looking up transactions. They have a live chat customer support feature which is really handy.

Cons:

The security features can be very confusing and the resources they have for explaining them are adequate but could be a little more clear. Sometimes the instructions on their FAQs dont seem to match what I actually see on my screen, so I've had to reach out to customer support for pretty basic stuff. Luckily their customer service is pretty good.

Brittany
Brittany
Director of Account Management in US
Marketing & Advertising, 11–50 Employees

Easy to use and safe!

Pros:

It was very simple to set up and implement on our clients' sites. We also chose this as our payment portal because it is very safe for the customers' information.

Cons:

The only thing I did not like is when they updated their platform we had to make changes to the code ourselves which caused some hiccups on our end, other than that no issues.

Sports, 11–50 Employees

Authorize.net Review

Comments: Authorize.net helps us take and track payments. We have been using it for 8+ years with my company and haven't had many issues. We use it with several different POS systems and the support provided whenever there are issues is great. They have one of the most effective chat for help options I have ever used.

Pros:

Authorize.net makes it super easy to take payments through our ticketing system. If we weren't able to link these programs getting payments would take a lot more effort, but this provides ease for the front and back end.

Cons:

The software uses another third party processor that adds additional fees, but overall doesn't harm the effectiveness of the program.

Mattie
Ecommerce Manager in US
Sporting Goods, 2–10 Employees

Good Solution If You Don't Want Built In Payment Providers

Comments: Overall, I've always had a pretty good experience with Authorize.net

Pros:

It's pretty much a one click install now with most major e-commerce providers. It gives you plenty of anti-fraud settings, and is easy to find payments and see all transactions / attempted transactions

Cons:

The overall UX design is pretty rough, it feels like it was designed 15 years ago and has never been updated. That's purely aesthetic though. Rates are decent, although it's hard to compete with some of hosted eCommerce single percentage rates for all cards.

Graphic Design Software, Self Employed

If I could give support more stars...

Comments: When working with Shopify and other e-commerce solutions, I've had to get a processing gateway up and running for several clients. On occasion I've worked with businesses considered "high risk", so many processors wouldn't touch them. Authorize.Net not only enabled these risk companies to build an online presence, but the customer support team have gone above and beyond on several occasions to ensure all of my clients needs have been met.

Pros:

Generally setup is straight forward and uneventful for e-commerce situations, fees are within average ranges. Best pro is their flexibility in working with businesses that other payment processors won't touch. Near one-click integration with some platforms. Very few issues over the years, clients have been very content and never have had issues getting in touch with their reps.

Cons:

Setup and dashboard can be situationally daunting, but once you get up and running it's generally smooth sailing. Tools/reports interface could be cleaner and better organized.

Neda
B&B Owner Operator in Canada
Hospitality, 2–10 Employees

Reliable and up to date service

Comments: It has been great for the last few years

Pros:

Ease of use and integration and good customer service

Cons:

I can only cancel a transaction after 60 days and because we take the deposit months in advance, it can become an issue due to cancellation of our booking

Saily
Director of Accounting in US
Primary/Secondary Education, 201–500 Employees

Authorize.net is a payment gateway which allows our school to run credit card payments securely

Comments: 1. Secure processing of credit card transactions,
2. Integration with school's website
3. Creation of payment forms in flexible and suitable for a variety of transactions such as events, school store, etc

Pros:

Authorize.net integrates well with our school website (managed by Finalsite). We are able to set up forms to collect credit card payments for school events. We also have the ability to collect credit card payments for our school store and sell tickets for Parent Organization events. The process to set up a form is easy to complete and Authorize.net offers flexibility with the design and options to make the form eye appealing. Credit card payments are processed securely. The reporting features offered by Authorize.net are optimal and information about cash receipts can be downloaded to simplify the reconciliation process on a daily basis.

Heather
General manager in US
Hospitality, 11–50 Employees

Good processor

Comments: Authorize.net helps us with back end transactions that cannot be done in our reservation software.

Pros:

I like the authorize.net’s online portal is easy to navigate and find transactions.

Cons:

I wish there was a way to do unmatched refunds for older transactions.

Martin
Customer Success Manager in US
Marketing & Advertising, 11–50 Employees

Rock Solid!

Comments: We use it every day - customer support is superior - never had any issues.

Pros:

This Gateway works extremely well - you can set up recurring charges. The CC expiration date can be automatically updated.

Cons:

I'd like to be able to change the next charge date on a Recurring charge. Or I'd like the ability to only do charges on a weekday...so, if the 1st falls on Sat, I'd like the charge to happen on the 3rd.

Mia
Business Manager in US
Nonprofit Organization Management, 11–50 Employees

Comments: Authorize.Net helps me to track our income through online bookings. It summarizes each transaction in a trackable way and helps me transfer them over to Quickbooks.

Pros:

I don't feel like I use Authorize.Net to its fullest. My primary use falls under the reports, but I appreciate the ease of use.

Cons:

The biggest con is probably feeling like I am under utilizing the software.

Laura
ADMIN in US
Hospitality, 2–10 Employees

Fast & Easy Payment Gateway!

Comments: We have been using Authorize.net for online payment processing for over 3 years. Simple interface and convenient button for processing refunds. Customer service is helpful and easy to get ahold of.

Pros:

Quick & easy Virtual Terminal for payment processing. Links up with virtually any website or API. Simple transaction search & detailed customizable reporting.

Cons:

Must pull monthly statements from a separate website.

Government Administration, 201–500 Employees

Reliable payment processing

Comments: We use Authorize.net as payment processor in 3 different applications that we use to accept credit card payments. Their API is compatible with the different software and is reliable without downtime.

Pros:

Authorize.net is compatible with all of the different cashiering software that we use. It is reliable and I don't know of any outages or problems processing cards or transactions. It is easy to create an account and get started.

Cons:

It can be difficult to understand how to setup and use their API if you are doing your own programing and their admin website is not that easy to use when changing settings on your account. They are often changing their API for increased security but that comes with the inconvenience of reprogramming your API interface.

K.C.
Sr. AR Specialist in US

Get's the Job Done

Pros:

I have used Authorize.Net for about 2 years now and I have rarely ran into any problems. I love the clean format and it's easy to get the job done. I would recommend this product.

Cons:

The interface of Authorize.Net hasn't changed in the 2 years I've used the software. So I'd say my only request to improve the software is add some cool new features every once in a while.

Joel
Head Admissions Coach in US
E-Learning, 2–10 Employees

Company Focused Software!

Comments: Light University Online has been using Authorize for the last 5 years and we have been very happy with their program and focused on any customization needed for our company. The integrations that we need, reports, and user-friendly services for sales are perfect for our daily income.

Pros:

Integrations for customization needed for our services.

Cons:

Archive dates of transactions going back later and import of data from other software.