15 years of helping Indian businesses

About GymMaster

GymMaster is a powerful club management solution with full functionality on any device, 24/7 access, and a web portal for your members.

Learn more about GymMaster

Pros:

It integrates our security, automatic subscription payments, inventory and member app that our members find easy to use and accessible 24 hours a day.

Cons:

I did struggle a bit with finding which reports would give me the information I was after.

GymMaster ratings

4.6
Customer Service Software
4.8
4.6
4.7

9.1/10

GymMaster has an overall rating of 4.7 out 5 stars based on 152 user reviews on Capterra.

Have you used GymMaster before?

Graham
Gym Owner in Canada

Incredible Customer Service

Comments: I had an incredible experience with GymMaster. In particular with the Customer service. I was always blown away at the speed in which we were helped. The efficiency of them fixing any issue, and most recently their compassion toward supporting us through the Pandemic as best they could while the facility struggled. U wouldn’t hesitate to use your services again in the future.

Pros:

There wasn’t anything that I didnt like about the software itself. In comparison to a competitor we used in the past this was far less complicated and was very easy for our members to take advantage of the app.

Cons:

The only possible thing I could say that I personally would have utilized is the ability to block off multiple seats for a class (staff only option) that don’t have to include a name. Sometimes i will tell all my Personal training clients to come join a group class that is separate from their usual week and it would just be an easy but not necessary option to be able to just block them as “Coaches Reserve” instead of going through and finding each name individually. I cant stress enough that this was not a “problem” and is just a suggestion of luxury.

3 years ago

Hi Graham Thank you so much for the amazing feedback. We are very lucky to have a great support and development team that are always on hand to assist our customers. Thank you also for the suggestions, we shall put it to the team for consideration in future enhancements. We were sorry to hear Covid-19 impacted your business and we hope we can assist you again in the future.

Steve
Business Owner in Australia
Health, Wellness & Fitness, 2–10 Employees

GymMaster the best CRM by far

Comments: I really enjoy it. It makes the administration of member account s easy and add scale to the business and members experience.

Pros:

Its was very simple and effortless to transfer from our old clunky computer into gymmaster. [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] and the on boarding team were super helpful and we mange to migrate in a week. It is easy to use integrates well with our website and the app is user-friendly for both staff and members.

Cons:

Sometime she task set up and the more advanced functions are a bit tricky but the support team is super helpful and they respond to question quickly.

3 years ago

Hi Steve Thank you for the wonderful feedback. The GymMaster team are always happy to assist clients in the transition from other systems and are ready to assist with any ongoing support required. We look forward to growing with your business.

Katheryn

NEVER RECOMMEND!

Comments: At first I thought we could work through the issues. Alas, the problems kept happening and getting worse and worse. I can't tell you how much stress this system has put on me, and the unprofessional positions that I have been put in and they DO NOT CARE!!!! "Sorry" is not an answer in business, you MAKE IT RIGHT.

Pros:

At first I thought it looked simple. I very quickly learned that it is way more complicated than it looks.

Cons:

EVERYTHING!! I don't think I can honestly say I liked ANYTHING about this product. This software changes ALL the time without warning. They claim it is to make it better, IT DOES NOT!! If you are in the USA forget support on Fridays that's their Saturday so you only get 4 days of support, and depending on what time zone your in. I have Pacific standard and so they are not available until 12pm. That means I get 9 hours of available support 4 days a week. NOT ENOUGH. When I found issues with the system they tried to treat me like I was stupid and didn't know the system, then come to find out (EVERY TIME) it was not me but the software. It has double charged members, deleted payments, failed to auto-bill for months at a time (So we lost thousands), and so much more. I can't tell you enough, do NOT use this company for your sanity.

5 years ago

Hi Katheryn, thanks for your feedback and apologies for any inconvenience caused. We're committed to resolving client issues in a timely manner and where appropriate have provided compensation. For support, currently we offer a 24 hour emergency number and standard support is 9am to 2am EST. In a minority of cases, delays may be experienced due to issues requiring a specialist or the support lines being busy. However, we will take this on board and move to 24/7 support in the near future. Often, issues similar to those your club has experienced may be resolved through further training on using the system for the club's specific needs, however we realise there is always room for improvement on our end. Over the years, the continual development and improvement of GymMaster has been praised by the majority of our clients. Those who do not wish to see new features added to their system may request to be shifted to a server which doesn't receive frequent updates.

Laurie
Admin Svc Specialist in US

A+ Software!

Comments: We have had nothing but a positive experience with GymMaster. We were using another software prior to making the switch, and there is no comparison. From Customer Service to the ease of using the software features and functionality is of utmost excellence. When we have had to call in for tech support for any issue, we are on and off the phone within minutes, with the answers needed to move on in a timely manner. In the past, with the other software company, we would be on the phone for an hour or more and sometimes still left with no answers. I would also like to mention the easy entry access to the gym with the Bluetooth Door Reader using the downloaded app on your device. Click Check-In and you are in! Couldn’t be any easier! Members are also able to sign themselves up online without ever having to leave their home and some have signed up online while at the door. The process is fast and easy! We are so happy with the choice of our new software, and I would never foresee a reason to look for anything further. If you are even remotely looking for new software, look no further than GymMaster!

Pros:

Customer Service, Ease of software, easy entry access

Cons:

nothing to speak of, everything is of utmost excellence

Linda
CEO in Australia

Problem Solvers

Comments: A business partnership with the customers interests at heart. We are all human and mistakes are made but I really appreciate a supplier who you can talk to and who love their product enough to change it to meet a customers needs. Other competitive products on the market have you talking to hourly rate call centre support or sales staff and there is an empty feeling of not being heard. You are always heard at GymMaster and they genuinely try and help, every time.

Pros:

- Customer support is always willing to tailor a solution to your problem with ease. If they can't figure out the problem they will take a couple of days to create code to fix your problem or create a solution - A system ideal for gyms that isn't group class focused - An all in one package

Cons:

- It's bugs. Alot of reader bugs, but again the support team are fast at resolving the bugs, but it would be better and less stress on their staff if the bug issues were just resolved once and for all.

4 years ago

Thank you for this review Linda, it's great to see our support team working with you to create solutions. We are continuously working to reduce bugs in the software, and appreciate your support and feedback with this.

Vincent
Health, Wellness & Fitness, 2–10 Employees

Practicality and ease of use was outstanding

Comments: Overall, my experience with GymMaster Software has been a positive one. I have used other similar software's, but none have compared to the ease of use of GymMaster. If we have ever had an issue, support is always there to help. The freedom of our members having access to their own portal for personal training programs and bookings was also beneficial. In conclusion, the practicality and ease of GymMaster was outstanding, and I would recommend the software to anyone in the Health and Fitness industry.

Pros:

- Ease of Use - Access to statistical business data - Member portal; in which members can access personal training files and book in sessions if they wish - Great customer service team always willing to help with inquiries - Being able to track members and payments with ease

Cons:

- Would be better if tailgating software was more compliant with my security system of choice

5 years ago

Hi Vincent What great feedback, thank you. Thrilled to hear GymMaster is easy to use as we do try to make things as intuitive as possible for our clients. We have a great support team here to assist with any queries you may have. Thank you for your support over the years.

Tess
Sports, 2–10 Employees

Excellent Software Easy to Navigate lots of extras

Comments: Overall we have had a great experience with Gymmaster the staff are friendly and helpful, the software is easy to use. We are very happy.

Pros:

The software is easy to navigate, there is always someone ready to help you out if you need. We changed software companies and Gymmaster made this very simple and easy to do with their onboarding system.

Cons:

Integration with our website was difficult but we got there in the end. Having a free trial option on the member portal before a member is logged in would be great too.

last year

Tess, thanks for your review and feedback of your experience so far! We appreciate your points on the website portal, our team will take this into consideration for prioritising future improvements. We understand making the switch from your previous provider can feel like a daunting task, we're so glad to hear you're happy with the end result!

Health, Wellness & Fitness, 11–50 Employees

A contemporary product and support to scale your business with confidence and ease.

Comments: We use many of the Gym Master features which has taken time to resolve given that we migrated from a competitors software platform. The service provided during the data migration was outstanding and the ongoing help desk support is excellent. We notice regular enhancements being made to the system so the focus on continual improvement based on client feedback is very re assuring. I am very comfortable that my business will be able to retain agility and grow with GymMaster.

Pros:

Web based multi site hosted platform In built controls that mitigate against human error Customisable communications via various mediums Control all activities through the members record Booking charges to the members account Access control options and features

Cons:

Option settings are extensive and sometimes difficult to comprehend the full impact of the change. With that said its not a negative when you understand the full capability of the system and the requirement to cater for a wide range of clients with different business models. It takes time to overcome this challenge but the end product is well worth it.

4 years ago

Hi John. Thanks very much for this fantastic feedback! This valuable information helps us further improve the system to your business as well as others. We look forward to continuing working with you and helping you manage and grow your business.

Derek
Operating Owner in US
Consumer Services, 2–10 Employees

Most accomidating software

Comments: So far they have been great and easy to work with.

Pros:

The custom app. It allows members to sign up and take full control of their membership. There are only a couple features I wish were different.

Cons:

The bluetooth door access. I wish the app used a different method for members to use.

Brendan
Finance assistant in UK
Hospital & Health Care, 51–200 Employees

GymMaster Review

5.0 last month New

Pros:

Being able to sync up appointments with my calendar for reminders

Cons:

Not many negatives about the app. It is nice and simple so can’t complain

last month

Thanks for your review Brendan, happy to hear you're particularly enjoying the calendar sync / reminders tools

Clare
General Manager in US
Automotive, 11–50 Employees

Fantastic Software!

Comments: While there are a few small changes i might make to really make this software a perfect fit for our business, overall our experience has been exceptional. Everyone we have worked with at GymMaster has been absolutely PHENOMENAL. Even for being on the other side of the globe and in a completely different time zone, they have been amazing at getting back to us quickly when we had any questions or minor issues. I highly recommend this software based on their exceptional service alone!

Pros:

The GymMaster Software has been absolutely great for our business. We are actually a Car Wash but have been able to implement the GymMaster Software to manage our Unlimited Wash memberships as well as to use as our regular POS system. The POS part of the software has been very easy for our employees to use and making changes in the settings is quick and simple, especially when it comes to adding or changing products or memberships.

Cons:

I wouldn't say that we disliked anything about the software but there were a few areas that could be tweaked to better serve other types of businesses, like our car wash. It would be great to be able to switch between users more easily. Our employees got frustrated logging out of one users profile and into theirs so we eventually just left it logged in under my profile and everyone just used that. It would be more user friendly (for multiple users like at our business) if there could be a way to have a basic version up and have users prompted to enter a user number or password when they complete certain functions like ringing up a customer or adding a new member. For cash transactions It would be helpful if the receipts could show how much was paid and how much change is due to the customer. or have a window pop up showing how much change a customer is supposed to receive. It would also be great to have the ability to turn off or customize certain fields such as medical information or member details as we don't need it but could use that section to track other information such as the vehicle information. For us, our memberships are attached to a vehicle and not to a person so it would be fantastic to have an option to track memberships in that way. It would also be great to have the option to use a barcode on a membership card or vehicle sticker instead of the RFiD tags.

5 years ago

Thank you so much for this feedback Clare, I have passed on your fantastic ideas and requests for a more specific type of software to be developed. It has been an absolute pleasure working with you and we hope to be in touch with you in the near future with a more tailored software solution

Angela
Owner in Canada
Health, Wellness & Fitness, Self Employed

GymMaster is the basis for our entire operation

Comments: GymMaster allows us to operate our facility without staff fairly easily with minimal technical experience. Setup was a learning curve we were able to work through with our IT business partner but once we had everything setup we were very impressed at how everything was able to be integrated fairly seamlessly. The app, while still quite glitchy, allows us to monitor what's going on at our 24 hour facility remotely at all times. Our members love being able to use their apps to monitor their memberships and buy products on their own after hours. Tailgating works perfectly and allows us to easily monitor when non-members have entered without prior arrangement or with permission as a dropin with a friend. Being able to unlock the door remotely via the app is also great for when we have visitors or a member has forgotten or having issues with their fob.

Pros:

Cons:

Some background features seem to exist that we don't know are on or able to be changed. Some things happen automatically by default that I do wish were default set to off that we don't know are on until some unforseen action happens. As we learn to use it more and more we are able to work through these things but sometimes with updates it seems there are more 'default' options appearing waiting for us to find.

4 years ago

Hi Angela Thank you for the feedback. We are pleased to hear GymMaster has become such an integral part of the running of your business. The default options are something the team are already aware of and are currently addressing those. Thank you again for the great feedback and we look forward to working with you for many years to come.

Lora
Health, Wellness & Fitness, 2–10 Employees

Great software and customer support!

Pros:

I found the GymMaster software to be extremely user-friendly - very easy to use, visually pleasing, great features which are regularly updated and improved upon, and the user-end integrated seamlessly into our website. Customer service was always incredibly responsive and helpful, with a very quick turn-around time, even though they are based in New Zealand and we are in the United State! Great company to do business with!

Cons:

I would love to see a GymMaster smartphone app for our gym members to use, to be able to view schedules, book classes, check in, etc.

5 years ago

Lora, thank you for the wonderful feedback. We pride ourselves on being client focused and always improving the system for a better experience. This is supported by a great team who are always here to help when you need us. We look forward to working with you in the future

Della-May
Gym Manager in New Zealand

Gym Master Review

Comments: Overall Gym Master suited our Business model perfect. The Gym master support and customer service suited me on personal level, making my job easier and stress free.

Pros:

Most Gym Master features worked extremely well to suit our business model. The interated billing feature with ezidebit made membership data and direct debits simple and effective to use. Point of sale, setting options and reports were all easy and effective to follow taking into account not being tech savvey! If there was any difficulty gym masters support team went over and above to help with any issues and made instructions very clear simple to follow.

Cons:

The booking system was probably the one thing i got stuck with, However it wasn't really a feature our business got round to using. Had our Buiness put the time into activating the booking system it probably would have worked well.

4 years ago

Hi Della-May Thank you for the wonderful feedback, we are always pleased to hear how GymMaster has helped businesses in their day to day running. We are also proud of our support team as they are always ready to assist where we can. Keep safe and healthy.

Charlie
Director in New Zealand

Physiques Health and Fitness

Comments: My experience with gym master has been really good. The support staff are awesome and are quick at getting back to you. I don't use all the bells and whistles but I know that if I ever chose to use them I could.

Pros:

I like that it can manage our members in terms of automated reminders when memberships are due etc

Cons:

I feel that we are always behind in terms of using the latest version. I feel I never know if we are using an outdated version or not

4 years ago

Thank you for this review Charlie, we enjoy working with you and appreciate your feedback. We are continuing to develop new ways of letting our clients know about upgrades they can access. We look forward to updating you on these changes in the near future.

Chanda
Health, Wellness & Fitness, 2–10 Employees

Great software. Amazing customer service.

Comments: All in one solution for our business. Amazing financial reports and member management. We have been using Gymmaster for almost a year and we love everything about this software and the company.

Pros:

When we were looking for a software for our 24 hour gym, we did trials on several different ones. We chose GymMaster because it offered an all in one solution for our business. This software does everything. I really like that it's super simple and very user friendly. Unlike most software's, Gymmaster can be customized to fit the needs of our business. About 6 months after we opened we launched an insurance paid program that we needed specific monthly reports for.... that weren't currently listed in Gymmaster. I made one phone call and those reports were setup and customized in our system. The reporting features, the built in POS system and the dashboard has saved us hours and hours of work. This software meets every need our facility has. A point of sale system alone would cost far more than this whole software does. This software and keyfobs, hands down, are the best prices you will find!!!!

7 years ago

So pleased to hear that GymMaster is the perfect solution for your business. We do strive to ensure our clients can get the most out of the system and that it can assist in making day to day operations more streamlined.

Mesphin

Great Customer Service!!!

Comments: Great! I loved it! I wish I can keep your software but our gym membership count is not high enough.

Pros:

I would say the software was great! GymMaster made fitness membership management easy. The customer service was the best I have ever experienced!

Cons:

I never fully experienced a "mobile" component of this software.

4 years ago

Hi Mesphin Thank you for such positive feedback. We are thrilled to hear you found the software easy to use and we always take pride in our great customer service. Wish you all the best and please don't hesitate to contact us if we can assist with anything else.

Dallas
Manager in Australia
Health, Wellness & Fitness, 11–50 Employees

Great software and excellent customer service

Comments: Gym Master give us the ability to see who is coming and going from the gym during our un-staffed hours, this has given us the ability to offer our members a 24/7 gym. The reporting is clear and accurate which is something we rely heavily on to look after our members. Overall the software is easy to use and this is particularly important when we have junior staff at reception. The software is great and I highly recommend it.

Pros:

POS is quick and easy to use. Door release is reliable. Reports are easy to create. Very user friendly.

Cons:

I cannot fault it. Our previous software was very complicated and hard to use.

5 years ago

Hi Dallas.So thrilled to hear the GymMaster software (and hardware) has played an integral part in the day to day running of your facility. We aim to make the software as user friendly as possible so all staff feel comfortable using GymMaster. Look forward to more great years ahead.

Tomi
Gym Owner/Coach/Instructor in US

Gymmaster

Comments: I tried three different software companies before switching to Gymmaster and I have found my home and unless this company shuts down I will not be leaving them.

Pros:

The customer support is second to none and they actually care about you and your business. They are very prompt on fixing problems and even taking suggestions and integrating new solutions into the software. Gymmaster has made my life night and day better and takes care of all our client and payment needs.

Cons:

There is absolutely nothing that I cannot handle about this company.

5 years ago

Hi Tomi, thank you for the wonderful review. We are thrilled to hear that GymMaster has made such positive changes to you and your members. We take pride in listening to our clients to determining their particular needs and assist where we can. Please don't hesitate to keep the suggestions coming as we are always looking for ways to improve the system for you.

Brianne
Health, Wellness & Fitness, Self Employed

I've enjoyed my experience with GymMaster. The support team always answers my questions quickly.

Comments: Profitability. Able to see our profits every time we log into the system and NOT having to run a report. Although I do still use the reports weekly. Time Saving. I love being able to run the expired members report and TEXT the members directly. Our members love this feature as well. It's quick and easy to renew their membership. They prefer this over email.

Pros:

Being able to access on my smart phone is THE BEST. I can let members into our gym with the click of a button from my phone and I don't have to physically be at the gym. The software is super easy to use and I love that I can customize reports to my specific needs.

Cons:

Really, nothing. We don't utilize the schedule portion of the software (because we don't have a lot of classes) and I'd like to be able to remove that from my home screen.

6 years ago

Thank you for the wonderful feedback. It's great to hear GymMaster is providing you with all the tools you need to manage your facility even when you are not onsite. We look forward to working with you as you achieve all your business goals.

Travis

Stadium

Comments: Pleasant, the staff have all picked it up easily and we have no dramas on boarding new staff into the system

Pros:

Ease to navigate and constantly finding more features that make our jobs easier, the support we get is unreal as well! The team are always so good to deal with.

Cons:

We where hoping there would be a manual Of some sort sent out with our purchase of the system so that we could work through the features but even so we picked it up easy enough and with the help of the training and support team we where able to train our staff easily enough

3 years ago

Hi Travis Thank you for the wonderful feedback, it's always good to hear how GymMaster management software has been easy to use and that the support team have assisted you when needed. Our manuals are generally all online, with a huge variety of supporting YouTube demonstrations to walk you through the different aspects of the system. We look forward to working with you as you grow.

Ryan

Highly recommended

Comments: By far the best customer service I’ve ever worked with! I will swear by this 100%, and the software is great and easy to use!

Pros:

Very easy to work, and you don’t need anything because this software has everything a gym owner needs to run a 24hr business.

Cons:

My only complaint would be that the with everything you get it doesn’t come with the door strike.

4 years ago

Hi Ryan Thank you for the wonderful review. We are thrilled to hear our software has provided you all the tools you require to run your 24/7 facility. We look forward to growing with you over the years to come.

Will
Executive Director in US
Nonprofit Organization Management, 2–10 Employees

The GymMaster Team was incredibly helpful and quick to ask how they can help improve our business.

Comments: Streamlined the entry/patron-recording process for our gym facility. That was the number one functionality of the product for us and it was wonderfully easy to use in that respect.

Pros:

The software is capable of handling every need that a gym owner has to electronically manage their facility, staff, and patrons. The support team is wonderful and are quick to help you troubleshoot as problems arise. The team is flexible to help tailor GymMaster to meet your needs. The software/hardware is also easy for gym patrons to use and understand. GymMaster helps create a seamless gym-entry experience.

Cons:

As with all new technologies, it does take some time to learn the software. There is an adjustment period as you figure things out.

6 years ago

Thank you for your great review Will, we really enjoyed working with you and hopefully in the future we will work together again.

Kimberly
Asst Admin in US

Awesome is for Awesome fit is the KEY

Pros:

I love how this system does it all. The functionally of the program and being able to do it all under one roof. Its like a one stop shop for your gym.

Cons:

Its very clicky. I don't like how I can not see upcoming appointments from the main screen. I have to gym around to find age against membership. I would like to see one platform screen to add all necessary information for health.

6 years ago

Thanks for your review, Kimberly. We're thrilled that GymMaster is a one stop shop for your business! Thanks also for your feedback about upcoming appointments. While we intentionally try to keep the dashboard as clutter-free as possible, we are always open to suggestion for a better way to display this information :)

Phoebe
Marketing Co-ordinator in Australia
Sports, 2–10 Employees

Customer Feedback

Comments: My experience with GymMaster has been exceptional. They have delivered an outstanding service and understanding each time we call for assistance or looking for the best option on how we can utililize the software more efficiently.

Pros:

Cost saving and user friendly. The software has allowed us to set-up our schedule classes and other services to reflect our business needs. GymMaster’s reporting set-up and templates are taking our business to another level. The reporting allows our business to identify ways on how to improve our service and increase our revenue each week. As for the templates it has made is easier for us to reach out to our members daily. Our customize app has taken our business to another level. Our member finds it easy to access and use our app.

Cons:

Sorry I don't have any cons about this software. Changing provider to GymMaster has been the best decision for our business (gym).

5 years ago

Hi Phoebe Thank you for the great feedback. The team here at GymMaster are always thrilled to see how the software can make such a positive difference to our clients and the day to day management of the business. We look forward to assisting you further into the future.